DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay
Sailport Waterfront Suites(Tampa)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
1,433 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesrocky pointbahama breezeclearwater beachbreakfast buffetpool arearooms are largebusiness tripclose to the airporteasy accessliving roomthe shuttle drivergreat roomhotel shuttlebed was comfortableupon check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife & I love this hotel. We've stayed here many times. The rooms are spacious and well equipped with a separate sitting room / desk area and another room for the bed/beds. Wet bar with microwave oven & under the counter mini-fridge. Granite counter tops in the bathroom & bar area of the rooms. The pool area is nice, right on the Bay. We've seen dolphins, manatee's, flamingo's, and many other Florida wildlife from there. You can even fish in the bay from the pool area. Great location near Tampa Airport, but far enough away that you don't really hear the airplanes. But the best part that we like about this hotel is the customer service. From Curley the Bellman who picked us up at the airport, to Carlos, Michelle, & Chellie at the Front Desk, to the restaurant staff, Maurice, Jimmy & Christine. Too many staff to name in this review. Ohhh, I forgot to mention the comfortable beds & The Delicious DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies, and the hotel is fairly priced for the amenities it offers.

Room Tip: Bay views are nice.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JERANDVAL
Chellie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Good Evening Jerandval,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughtful and positive comments about your experience with us. I'm glad that you enjoy our location and get to experience all of the beautiful wildlife in the area as well as the comfortable suites. But I completely agree that the best part of it all is the staff. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and we will make sure to recognize all of our team members for providing an exceptional experience for you. We look forward to all of your future stays, and thank you again.

Chellie M.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great value for the money and tremendous location overlooking northern end of Tampa Bay. Only real issue was the mattress was way too soft for our liking. Accommodations were great and staff was great as well.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Good Day Peter D,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your evaluation and comments are valuable to us, and we appreciate that you have taken the time out of your day to share your experience. We are glad to hear that for the most part you enjoyed our property and your visit. We will certainly take into consideration, however, your comment regarding the mattress. Thank you again for your time and consideration, and have a wonderful day!

Chellie M.
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I arrived late on a Wednesday night. When I went to my room which was the furthest distance possible from the elevators, the key would not work. This required maintenance to be called. As I waited, tired and frustrated we heard the television on in the room. When maintenance arrived he called back to the desk who then called the room only to find out someone was in the room. Then it was a question of finding another room since it was obvious that they were suddenly not sure what rooms had been given away and which were vacant. Finally they found me a room. The WiFi of course did not work since they had no record of me now occupying the room. I asked for a manager and was told, there is no manager on the grounds after 11:00 PM. So I asked that one call me the next day. That too was obviously not forthcoming. When I called and asked for a manager the next day I was connected to a front desk manager as the general manager was just "too busy" to respond to a guest, "the entire day". Beware...this is badly managed, and clearly in the throws of some major changes. That this is a Hilton is a 'sham'. They need new management, and a new attitude. The attitude that you are privileged to be there and that they can deal with you as they please is obviously atypical for Hilton and distracts from the Hilton principles. Fortunately there are plenty of hotels in this area and I will never make the mistake again of booking into this hotel. Hilton should be ashamed and it is destroying the Hilton brand.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank aluterma
Viola T, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Good Day aluterma,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with our property. I sincerely apologize about all of the inconvenience you have experienced with us during your recent stay. I wanted to let you know that we have shared all of your feedback with the appropriate staff members and we are using your feedback as a training tool in efforts to improve the level of service we provide. If you would like discuss any of these matters more in depth please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Warm Regards,
Viola T, Manager On Duty
813-888-8800

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were in Tampa for my husband to be treated at Laser Spine Institute. I enjoyed the large swimming pool daily. The first day we saw a dolphin swimming in the bay. The location is conveniently located across the 4 lane highway from the beach (2 minutes away). I used the nicely appointed gym twice. The machines are up to date with tv monitors. The staff was 95% top notch, there was only one older gentleman that didn't give the impression he wanted to be there. Everyone else was fabulous. Of course you can't beat the daily cookies :)
~~The couple of down sides I experienced were; we moved from the 4th floor room because of cigarette smoke (non-smoking hotel) to the pool level, you lose the pretty beach-highway over the causeway view at that level so we moved back to the 7th floor. That room was very hard to get cool - had to keep blinds completely closed during the day to keep heat at bay. They brought one fan, but we even needed a 2nd to be able to sleep comfortably. Maintenance came and replaced ac filter which helped. First floor and 7th floor rooms don't have ice machine access (1st has to go to bar - which is awkward in pj's - 7th floor has laundry so have to go down a floor to get ice). The refrigerators in the room don't have freezer space so for the ice packs we needed for my husband's neck and back surgery - we had to retrieve from lobby each use.
~~I would stay again at this hotel, next time I would take a larger water tight cooler of my own, I would also bring my own dependable fan.

Room Tip: Request a beach view, don't go top floor unless you pack your own fans, the view is the best up there for sure.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmyAFMomma
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Good hotel and we would probably stay here again.

Pros:
Good location. Easy to downtown tampa, easy to clearwater or st. Pete., airport
Comfy bed. Bedroom is away from the door and hallway so there was minimal noise We both slept great.
Small fridge, coffee maker in room
Great pool overlooking the channel.
Great views of the bay from the room
A few restaurants close by
Staff was all very friendly.

Cons:
Room wasn't dirty, but could have been cleaner
Restaurant onsite was expensive for breakfast

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple