DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay
HIExpress.com
US$174
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$185
Marriott Hotels
US$167
US$159
1,447 results
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesrocky pointbahama breezeclearwater beachbreakfast buffetpool arearooms are largebusiness tripclose to the airporteasy accessliving roomthe shuttle drivergreat roomhotel shuttlebed was comfortableupon check
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel was nice, but the lobby was weirdly staged. The rooms are large enough and nice, but our room smelled like cigar smoke. When the maid came in to spray, she didn't knock, and my husband was in his underwear. The smoke smell was so much in the shower curtains that it never went away. We were just too tired and hurried to change rooms.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Chellie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Good Day Girlshaw,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am glad you found our rooms to be spacious and comfortable. I certainly understand your concern, however, in regards to the smell of the room as well as the housekeeper entering your room without knocking. We will be certain to address these issues with our housekeeping team, and we sincerely appreicate you bringing this to our attention. Thank you again for sharing your comments, and we hope you will give us another opportunity when returning to the area. Have a wonderful day.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel staff was extremely friendly and you can't beat the views from the hotel windows. We got the bay view facing West and got to watch the sun set on the bay every single night. The pictures we took from our bedroom window could be a poster. Rooms are spacious and hotel is located near some good restaurants. If you want to go to a mall or more well known restaurants, the drive over the causeway is beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aaron H

Good Day Aaron H,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us regarding your stay here at the Doubletree Suites. The views are amazing, I agree, and I am so delighted you were able to experience that. We hope to see you again soon, and thank you again for your time and consideration. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My wife & I love this hotel. We've stayed here many times. The rooms are spacious and well equipped with a separate sitting room / desk area and another room for the bed/beds. Wet bar with microwave oven & under the counter mini-fridge. Granite counter tops in the bathroom & bar area of the rooms. The pool area is nice, right on the Bay. We've seen dolphins, manatee's, flamingo's, and many other Florida wildlife from there. You can even fish in the bay from the pool area. Great location near Tampa Airport, but far enough away that you don't really hear the airplanes. But the best part that we like about this hotel is the customer service. From Curley the Bellman who picked us up at the airport, to Carlos, Michelle, & Chellie at the Front Desk, to the restaurant staff, Maurice, Jimmy & Christine. Too many staff to name in this review. Ohhh, I forgot to mention the comfortable beds & The Delicious DoubleTree Chocolate Chip Cookies, and the hotel is fairly priced for the amenities it offers.

Room Tip: Bay views are nice.
2  Thank JERANDVAL
Chellie M, Front Office Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Good Evening Jerandval,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughtful and positive comments about your experience with us. I'm glad that you enjoy our location and get to experience all of the beautiful wildlife in the area as well as the comfortable suites. But I completely agree that the best part of it all is the staff. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and we will make sure to recognize all of our team members for providing an exceptional experience for you. We look forward to all of your future stays, and thank you again.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Great value for the money and tremendous location overlooking northern end of Tampa Bay. Only real issue was the mattress was way too soft for our liking. Accommodations were great and staff was great as well.

Good Day Peter D,

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Your evaluation and comments are valuable to us, and we appreciate that you have taken the time out of your day to share your experience. We are glad to hear that for the most part you enjoyed our property and your visit. We will certainly take into consideration, however, your comment regarding the mattress. Thank you again for your time and consideration, and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I arrived late on a Wednesday night. When I went to my room which was the furthest distance possible from the elevators, the key would not work. This required maintenance to be called. As I waited, tired and frustrated we heard the television on in the room. When maintenance arrived he called back to the desk who then called the room only to find out someone was in the room. Then it was a question of finding another room since it was obvious that they were suddenly not sure what rooms had been given away and which were vacant. Finally they found me a room. The WiFi of course did not work since they had no record of me now occupying the room. I asked for a manager and was told, there is no manager on the grounds after 11:00 PM. So I asked that one call me the next day. That too was obviously not forthcoming. When I called and asked for a manager the next day I was connected to a front desk manager as the general manager was just "too busy" to respond to a guest, "the entire day". Beware...this is badly managed, and clearly in the throws of some major changes. That this is a Hilton is a 'sham'. They need new management, and a new attitude. The attitude that you are privileged to be there and that they can deal with you as they please is obviously atypical for Hilton and distracts from the Hilton principles. Fortunately there are plenty of hotels in this area and I will never make the mistake again of booking into this hotel. Hilton should be ashamed and it is destroying the Hilton brand.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank aluterma
Viola T, Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Tampa Bay, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Good Day aluterma,

Thank you for sharing your experiences with our property. I sincerely apologize about all of the inconvenience you have experienced with us during your recent stay. I wanted to let you know that we have shared all of your feedback with the appropriate staff members and we are using your feedback as a training tool in efforts to improve the level of service we provide. If you would like discuss any of these matters more in depth please feel free to reach out to me directly.

Warm Regards,