“Relaxing stay, comfy bed and friendly helpful staff”

Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #53 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Florida
“Relaxing stay, comfy bed and friendly helpful staff”
Reviewed 26 April 2011

The room was clean and located conveniently between the areas of interest we were visiting. All of the staff were friendly and helpful, especially in recommending dining locales. They have a nice fitness center. The pool is indoors, steamy with strong chlorine smell (ok, rather it be too much chlorine than not enough).
One drawback is the WiFi charge in the room (I haven't had to pay in years!) though they have free Internet downstairs. The only other complaint is the soap and lotion were not replaced by housekeeping even though we were out of one bar and the lotion entirely (empty bottle left upside down on the counter).
I would certainly stay here again, it's a great value!

Room Tip: Ask for room on the opposite side of road
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bydragonfly
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 28 April 2011
Dear krazyj05

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. I am always grateful for constructive feedback and went to check the pool myself when I read your review. Recent records show that the chlorine level is maintaining the recommended level but to make sure, we are having our pool company come out and go through the entire system to make sure it is working as it should. I have also shared your note about housekeeping with that department. I apologize that we did not properly prepare your room. I look forward to seeing you the next time travel brings you our way!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
Ocoee, Florida
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Spent Easter Weekend at this hotel. The beds were very comfy and the rooms were very clean. Lots of space in the rooms, which was a plus. Starbucks coffee in the room to brew, so I was extra happy I chose this hotel..
My only 2 complaints were that on Sat there were a few guests on the floor who were fighting and swearing outside of my door. I had to hurry and get my kids ready to leave because of the extreme language that they were using. These guests were completely disrespectful, even after I asked them to please lower their voices. On my way out of the room, I did see management come upstairs. They must have fixed the problem because the noise had settled when we came back that night.
Also, very minor, but the pool room had a strong chlorine smell. Hey, at least it was clean..
Overall, very nice time here..

Room Tip: Party of 5 and a baby..2 Queen beds were comfy..
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Ivette R
Dear All4FamilyTime

Great moniker! I am all about the family time too. I am sorry that you had to experience such poor behavior by those other guests. I appreciate all of our guests but not as much when they take away from the enjoyment of others. I am glad that our team was able to quiet them down. I went and checked the pool and while the chlorine seems to be maintaining the correct level, we are having the system checked out professionally to make sure it is working properly. I am happy too, that you chose our hotel and hope to see you again.
conyers
Reviewed 6 April 2011

We stayed at the Sheraton last weekend. It was better than I expected after staying at a crappy hotel the night before. My kids actually felt at home because it was so clean and nicley kept. The only draw back was the noise from the highway. I would recommend requesting a room on the other side of the buidling away from the noise of the traffic.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank shayconyers
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 15 April 2011
Hello, shayconyers

I am glad you and your family enjoyed your stay here. Our housekeepers will be happy to hear you were pleased with the cleanliness. I am sorry the highway presented a nuisance for you. For the rooms that face south, we have installed an extra set of windows which helps greatly but does not eliminate the hum of traffic. We look forward to your next visit!
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 31 March 2011

We stayed one night prior to an early morning flight. The room was more like a suite with a separate living room/office with microwave and sink. The room was comfortable, although the A/C was a little loud. The king-sized bed was great. Our room faced the expressway, but for the short amount of time we were there, the highway noise wasn't too bad. We ate dinner in the restaurant and the food was pretty good with a great waitress. The front desk staffer was efficient, but not super friendly. It was only about 5-6 min. drive to the airport in the morning. The 7th floor had very little traffic from other guests.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank green331
Dear jewelyds

All suites. Convenient to the Tampa Airport. All the services one would need for a quick stay. So glad you choose us on your journey. As with all guests, if something is not just right, please let us know so we can make repairs or amends. Always great to have Michiganders visit Tampa! Traverse City is one of the best spots on earth and is the Cherry Capital of the World!
Augusta
Reviewed 23 March 2011

On positive notes the room was clean and the front desk staff was efficient. We stayed in a two room suite and needed to use the sleeper sofa as a bed. No pillows or blankets were provided for the convertible which was very uncomfortable. The air conditioner was quite noisy. Housekeeping knocked on the door at 8:15 in the morning wanting to clean the room. Prices for breakfast were outrageous. A bowl of cereal with no fruit was $5.50. The waitress asked if I wanted to get the cereal or did I want her to. lol

At check-out the person asked how my stay was. I said the front desk did fine but there were other problems. She replied "Thank you for choosing Sheraton" and handed me my receipt.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank KingofSC
Dear VicStone

Please allow me to apologize for letting you down during your recent stay. All of the items you mention are within our control and we should have been more proactive. I appreciate you bringing them to my attention so we can improve. Thank you for your kind comments on the room cleanliness and our front desk team. I look forward to an opportunity to show you that we can do much better.
Boston
Reviewed 10 March 2011

I stayed for a business conference and was pleased with the room- its actually a a two room suite with one living room type room. One thing about this hotel I liked- it was very clean! During my conference I noticed the bathrooms in the lobby area were cleaned multiple times daily. There is internet access free in the lobby and there are five or six computers available to guests free for 45 mins at a time. So printing your boarding passes and checking email is easy. I found the staff very polite for the most part. There is a breakfast buffet in the hotel restaurant. There is also a lunch buffet as well as a normal menu. The food was very good! The shuttle leaves the hotel every 30 minutes and I noticed peak times for departures to airport (like after my conference let out) overfilled the bus- so get out there there 10 mins early. When you arrive and call the hotel they advise you where to wait for the shuttle, it could be 20-30 mins, but hey you're in Tampa. Of course there are taxis available but they are not free! There was some noise esp noted by others whose rooms were near the outdoor smoking areas- people who have been drinking at the bar can be a little loud but what can you do. There's lots of places to eat, many are walking distance. There's a Subway down the street in a Shell station if you want to grab sandwiches and keep them in your room refrigerator. The gym has treadmills and ellipticals in good working order and some free weights. The pool is indoors. You are only four miles and ten minutes from the airport. I liked this hotel!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank a1877015
Dear a1877015

Yes, every room is a suite and we are quite proud of our housekeepers. They take great pride in their work. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We feel our hotel is an excellent location for business as well as a leisure adventure. The Link @ Sheraton is our business center where all guests can get connected and stay connected. Hope to see you soon!
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 3 March 2011

I spent 2 nights in February 2011 at the Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport/Westshore. My suite was huge, and I thought it was nicely decorated: Living room with dark laminate floor, dark wood counter/desk, LG flatscreen tv, rug, couch, chair, sink, small fridge and microwave. Separate bedroom with king bed, dresser, another LG flatscreen, sliding patio door out onto a tiny 2'x5' balcony. And, of course, a closet and a bathroom. The hotel is arranged around a large atrium, with palm trees and running streams under the glass roof, with a pair of elevators at opposite corners.

This hotel is an easy drive from decent food, or right next-door to an award-winning, $$$-expensive steakhouse. It is less than five miles from the airport -- I could see the control tower from my room -- and a super-simple drive to catch your flight. The I-275 freeway is directly adjacent and easy to get to/from. Downtown is probably 10 miles away...or a half-hour on the I-275 at rush-hour, as I experienced it.

Dings: One of the elevators closest to the front desk was out of commission for my entire stay, causing congestion; My room had no hotel services directory; My patio door would not latch shut and wanted to fall off its tracks; Someone rented the place for a Quinceañera party on my second night, and there was no parking available; $10 a day for internet? Seriously?

Hits: Super-comfy bed; huge room; friendly staff; easily reached from the I-275 and airport; "fuel-efficient vehicle" parking in front. (I rented a Prius, lol)

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank imsonot
dwrossman, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this review, 6 March 2011
Hello, imsonot

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to submit a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your suite, our staff and found our location convenient for your trip to Tampa. I am so sorry about the elevator being down for repairs, with as busy as we are, I know it is an inconvenience. The new hotel directory is in final proofing and should be in place before your next visit. Again, with being busy, parking adjacent to the hotel may fill up. We work with that award winning steakhouse and the office building next door when this happens. Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you soon.