“Good business trip hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #62 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 18 July 2011

My room was clean, everything worked well and it was quiet. I used the fitness center which was small but adequate although they need to have a water cooler, fountain or some way you can get drinking water in there. I had the shuttle pick me up at the airport and the next morning they also dropped me at my business appointment. Both of those trips went smoothly. I didn't eat there as the restaurant looked almost deserted so I went to Charley's Steakhouse next door which was very good. I will stay here again when I go back to the area for business - I wouldn't recommend it as a tourist hotel - just not close to the fun stuff in Tampa.

Room Tip: See if they'll put you on the club floor where you can get some breakfast
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank KayMarco
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2011

Dear KEDBoston

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us earlier this month and were able to continue your workout regimen. For your next visit please know that there is a water cooler in the fitness room next to the weight station. And, don’t count us out on the leisure activities! All-suite hotel. Within a mile of two major malls. Just down the street from Raymond James Stadium and the Yankees spring training camp. And, with a close exit to I-275, minutes to beaches, downtown Tampa, Busch Gardens and much more. Thanks for the review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

I found a good deal through Travelzoo for our 4th of July weekend getaway. It included breakfast and the "Starwood Preferred Guest" service. We walk into the room and was very surprised of the space, and the extra perks like water and starbucks coffee.

The Room
Before going to bed, we noticed that the AC was not working properly. And after calling Front Desk, we were quickly moved to another room. The second room was great but the tub had a drainage problem.

The Dining Area
We got free breakfast coupons for both days and that was a great deal since the buffet was $12 per person. The first morning we got a great waiter. The ceiling started leaking right before us going into the food station so we were saved by the bell. The second morning, waiters were not paying attention to details. First, we have a pre-schooler. She never asked if we needed a booster seat and what kind of juice for him. Second, I have to ask another waiter for my child 's juice and he brought it in in a small glass of wine SERIOUSLY!!!! So I had to tell him that we needed the cup with lid on it. Third, food was a little bit over cooked.

The Parking
It got a little crowded as they were celebrating a wedding and several family reunions. We had to park across the street.

The Service
Althought Front Desk was quick and great, housekeeping was not good. We had to ask several times for extra towels. We accidently left my boy's little pillow in the room. I left a voice mail to housekeeping and after a day, I received a voice mail asking me what did I wanted to do. I finally got a hold of someone and she asked me if I was going to pick it up SERIOUSLY!!!!!! So I told them they needed to ship it out. She gave me an email address (rtadros@sheratontampaairport.com to write my information so they could send it out.

Overall
I think it was a good experience. It is true what they say: "you get what you pay for". I might consider staying again, if I pay a lower rate than I did because after all of these little details, I rather not go through the hassle and go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Go to Travelzoo to get a great rate!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Peyi
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2011

Dear Peyi

I am glad that you took advantage of our promotion with TravelZoo and I appreciate your business. As mentioned in another review from that weekend, we had our challenges and I apologize that it resulted in the less than hospitable service that we work hard to provide. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate departments for training purposes. I also encourage you to contact me directly at drossman@sheratontampaairport.com so I may get a chance to show you that we can do better. Thank you.

Reviewed 5 July 2011

The hotel itself is decent. All of the rooms are suites and it is close to the airport. However, the service is the worst I have experienced, especially the front desk staff. I did not come in contact with one helpful, friendly person at the desk. They need to learn something called smiling. To top it off, the restaurant service for breakfast was very slow. I had to ask numerous times for some orange juice because there was none at the buffet. The servers seemed as though I was inconveniencing them. I will definite not stat at this hotel again. Just awful!!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank NRCA

Dear NRCA

Any business needs to know where its opportunities are and I appreciate the feedback from you and all of our guests. The July 4th weekend was a busy and challenging period and honestly, we should have performed better. I am sorry that you had a poor experience. While being busy is one thing, there is never an excuse for not smiling. I take your comments to heart and will work with our team to perform better especially during these holiday weekends. I always appreciate the chance to show guests that we can do better. Feel free to contact me at drossman@sheratontampaairport.com so we can discuss further. Thank you.

Reviewed 22 June 2011

We arrived at the hotel late at night on Friday, after a long, delayed flight. When I checked in, the staff members seemed pretty "exhausted". I was told that the hotel was full, but that I had been given a corner room on an upper floor due to my SPG gold status. I did not request this, but normally am very pleased with a corner room, as they are usually quiter and often may be slightly larger. The hotel was previously an Embassy Suites Hotel with the typical atrium lay-out. Even though it was almost midnight, there were numerous small groups of people (from youngsters 6-8, pre-teens, teens and young adults) wandering around all over the entire hotel. Apparently, there were a number of sports-oriented families and groups who were staying here due to the US-Panama soccer game being held in Tampa that day. On our way to our room we also passed many other rooms whose doors were left open while people congregated in the hallways and were going into and out of the rooms. I could not find a parkng place adjacent to the hotel, but was able to park in the "overflow" lot in the parking structure located opposite the next-door "Blue Cross" building. Unfortunately, our hotel room was on the side of the hotel directly adjacent to the expressway. Even though I brought earplugs, due to the numerous motorcycles and trucks on the highway all through the night. it was a very poor night for getting any sleep. When I checked out the next morning, I mentioned to the day manager that I had problems with sleeping in this room on the expressway side and that on my return to this hotel for our Sunday night stay, I would like to request a room on the opposite side of the hotel. As a review, I would qualify this stay as one of the worst that I have had in a Starwood property and was not looking forward to a return visit - but I had already prepaid the booking reservation. When we returned on Sunday, I was given a very cheerful welcome and also presented with a small bag of chocolates due to my Gold SPG Status (and they were not just for me due to the previous stay, as there were a number of bags lined up on the shelf behind the counter). I was given a room on the side opposite the expressway. I was able to easily park the car near the side of the hotel. The atrium and general areas of the hotel had a much more 'normal" amount of guests and noise. The stay on Sunday night was much more pleasant.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JackR46

Dear JackR46

I appreciate you sharing your experiences with us. I apologize for the inconveniences you encountered on your first stay. The good news is that the hotel is a popular destination in the Westshore district but the downside is that we sometimes need to expand into our neighbor’s parking areas. I am grateful that you got a chance to see the ‘calmer side’ of the hotel and that your subsequent stay was more to your liking. We appreciate your loyalty to Starwood properties as evidenced by your Gold status.

Reviewed 9 June 2011

Arrived late and was very disappointed check in took so long. It turns out the front desk agent was not aware which rooms were already cleaned and released from housekeeping and she had to send security to confirm which rooms are available. Other than the very long wait for check in, the beds were comfortable and the suite was really nice

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank rosamum
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2011

Dear, rosamum

I am glad that you enjoyed your suite and that you found your accommodations 5-star clean. I apologize that your check-in was so slow. After a long day of travel, the last thing you want is to wait for your room and for that, I am sorry. We take all feedback to heart and will work to improve for your next visit.

Reviewed 8 June 2011

We flew through Tampa for our Disney World Trip. I wanted to stay somewhere close to the airport. The room was very spacious. There were two queen size beds in the bedroom and a seperate living area. I was able to check in for our flights and print out boarding passes in the business lounge. My only complaint is that they did not have free internet.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family

Dear bcuinohio

After Tampa, WDW is my favorite part of Florida. Being just over an hour to the Orlando parks, we are a convenient alternative. Plus, we have beaches! So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and liked our large suites. I hope to “bcuinflorida” next visit!

Reviewed 21 May 2011

Stayed at this hotel while on business. Great location and price, but that was about it. After calling for a van pick up from the airport, ended up waiting almost 30 minutes. Called hotel again, got the same answer,, "Van will be there shortly". In the end, took a taxi cab, which only took a couple of minutes to get to the hotel. Front desk offered no apologies, when asked what the problem was in getting picked up. Also, the front desk clerks, seemed pre-occupied with personal business. No smile, no greeting, in fact total lack of customer service. Sinc my business meeting was next door, chose to stay at this hotel, however, next time will choose another one in the area.

Went up to the room, which found out bcked up to the Interstate, and the room key did not work. When I called down from the phone by the elevator (good feature), was told to come down to desk to get a new key. No one offered to bring a key to the room. since this wsa late a night, did not feel like changing rooms. If yo are a light sleeper, you will not get a good nights sleep. On the bright side, the bed was super comfortble, and am considering buying 2 of them for our house.

The bar/lounge closed early. Felt that breakfast was very over priced for what was available, so ended up going elsewhere

Beware this hotel charges for in room internet usage, which was not explained to me at check in. On the plus side, their business center was free.

Have stayed at other Sheraton's, and will have to admit, I felt this one s not up to the level of service, that I have received on my travels. It does have great atrium, and love the foliage, but for me very bad front desk experience. Upon check out, when I asked the girl at the counter about my internet charge, she offered no explaination .

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Travelgirl35805
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2011

Dear Travelgirl 35805

While there are some positives during you stay, I admit they were few. I apologize for not providing you with the usual hospitality our team displays. If you read this response, I ask that you contact me directly so we can discuss further. My email address is drossman@sheratontampaairport.com. In the meantime, we will use this feedback to work with our staff to make improvements. All feedback is valuable and I appreciate you sharing yours.