Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #61 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 23 June 2012

This is a pretty property located near the airport, about 10 minutes from downtown, but my experience here was very average. The reason for my rating is that one two separate occasions the cleaning crew came into my room despite the fact I had already checked in. The first time I was watching TV. The second time, I was not in my room, but when I came back to it after using the computers in the lobby I found the door propped wide open with a chair. No one was inside. Needless to say, I was very upset as my valuables could have easily been stolen. Fortunately they were not. After making a complaint, the hotel offered to provide me with a voucher for a free dinner. I'm glad they tried to make right, but this should not happen, ever.

The Sheraton Suites Tampa is convenient and would make a god place to stay for a quick stop over, but the service needs to improve before I would recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Ray G
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Dear NYBuddy33

I am sorry for the experience you had during your stay with us. I have shared these incidents with our housekeeping manager and housekeeping department so re-training can take place. I regret that this happened but appreciate you telling us so we can make improvements. I hope to have the opportunity to show you that we can do better. Thank you.

Reviewed 14 June 2012

This hotel is a great hotel if you need space. The beds were awesome and clean. The bathroom was recently redone but still showed aging at certain spots and they have no outdoor pool. that's why I give this hotel 3 stars instead of 4. People need to be aware of the location of this hotel I needed to be near the airport and got a great deal thru priceline. But if you want a vacation resort this is not the place to go. As I mentioned before they have no outdoor pool. I didn;t try their food so can;t tell you anything about that. The free shuttles to the International mall and westshore mall were nice.
I would stay here again if I need a central located hotel near airport. If you want to lay in the sun after work by a nice pool ....this is not your place to go to.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the highway!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2012

Dear dutchlove

It is true, the beach is not just outside our door, but we are a good central location for a Tampa visit. Easy access to Busch Gardens, Clearwater, St. Pete, Raymond James Stadium, Tampa’s airport, downtown Tampa, and within a mile of two great shopping malls. For a great location right on the beach, may I suggest the Sheraton Sand Key Resort in Clearwater Beach. All the beach activities, outdoor pool, great staff. And, highly ranked on TripAdvisor at #15 of 97 hotels in the Clearwater area. Enjoy!

Reviewed 10 June 2012

Whenever I travel to Tampa and I can gt into this place, I do. I love it. Very centrally located, spacious clean, but in truth, the reason I stay here is because the Chicken Quesadillas and Brownie Sundaes from the restaurant are so delicious that I eat them EVERY DAY I stay there! Also the omelets are delicious and the childs pasta with tomato sauce too, I don;t have a child but I order it for myself cuz I love it. Everything tastes fresh, flavorful, and not greasy at all.

The hotel itself has very nice staff and easy parking.

Love you guys!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

Dear reachteresa

Thank you for the many kind remarks! Our chef has not stopped blushing since he read your review. We are happy you enjoyed your stay. I would like to thank you in person the next time you are with us. My office is located directly off the lobby. But now, I must go. My quesadilla is ready.

Reviewed 10 June 2012

First off, not very clean and very noisy. Must have had issues with the AC unit, ran all night and very loud. Staff was great and good tip on the Leroy Selmon BBQ Restaurant. Gym was nice with some free weights, only an indoor pool.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same. The place used to be an Embassy Suites.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bert T

Dear Bert T

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I apologize that your suite was not prepared properly prior to your arrival. While I appreciate your kind comment about the staff, we can do better than what you experienced, overall. For some, the indoor pool is a plus. It doesn’t have to close during the frequent Florida thunderstorms and, no bugs! I hope that we can host a future trip as I know we can provide the level of service you expect.

Reviewed 8 June 2012 via mobile

call to confirm my reservation, the receptionist very rude...hung up on me so I called back & asked why she hung up, was rude yet again so I asked for a manager, said none there. I'm booked for this weekend & very unhappy. Shakera Dyer

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 2 June 2012

Stayed one night prior to our cruise. Room was nice, beds comfortable. We were even surprised with a small gift with a note indicating we were chosen as "guest of the day." Our room was facing the interstate. There was road noise but not excessive. We turned the fan up to high and it covered most of the road noise. Only small issue we had was the bathtub drained slowly. No big deal, we just notified staff on check out. Would definitely stay here when retuning to Tampa.

• Stayed: May 2012
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear Glezell

We are glad you enjoyed being our “guest of the day” during your visit. Also happy to be your hotel choice prior to the embarkation of your cruise. I hope to see you the next time you set sail.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

I haven't stayed here in a few years, and I was happy to see the rooms had been renovated nicely. Comfortable beds, spacious areas and a nice new look. AC worked well and helped drown out some of the noise, which was a problem.

Housekeeping apparently likes to leave the door latch pointed inward as they go in and out of the rooms, allowing the door to BANG loudly two or three times each time. I sleep late, and it got really annoying every morning at 9 am hearing that over and over. To be fair, a lot of hotels are guilty of this, and it's unacceptable. I never understood why they couldn't just wedge something under the door to leave it open while they were inside.

There is also a very minimal choice of TV stations, not what I am accustomed to when I stay at Sheratons (and I stay at a lot of Sheratons). Not a big deal to me since I don't watch much TV anyway, but some may find this off-putting. And Starwood needs to stop with the 10 to 15 dollar per day charges for wireless internet... most other hotel chains tend to offer this for free. Even if they have to charge you, 10-15 dollars a day is a flat out rip-off.

I must also say that the three people I came in contact with directly on the staff were all noticeably less-than-happy. No one was rude, but there was no evidence of the usual friendly Sheraton service.

On the plus side, the location is very convenient, the beds are great, and the parking is free.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
dwrossman, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Dear jockk407

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback. You make a good point about the doors, I will address this issue with our room attendants personally. On our television offerings, we are finalizing the plans for an upgrade to HDTV which will also double the number of channels available to guests. On the Internet issue, it is only a matter of time before the major chains make changes in Internet charging. I can’t say when this will occur but your voice is heard. I am disappointed that our staff did not wow you with hospitality. That is our mission. This too will be personally addressed. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the suite, your bed and found our location convenient. I hope to welcome you back in the future.