“Nice place, but need to pay for internet”

Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore
Ranked #61 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 20 March 2014

For what is charged for a room, they still charge $9.95 for internet. I have stayed at hotels for less than half this price and get free internet. It is free, if you go in the lobby. Nobody wants to go to the lobby for a few minutes just to check our email.
Rooms are very nice. I asked at the front desk if they had any sunburn lotion, and the lady was very helpful and gave me 2 packets from the back room, that they keep for such situations, for us MN people I guess, that don't use enough sun screen. Did not know I had gotten that burned in the sun, while at Sebring, FL at the races.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Carl W
David R, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Carl W,

Minnesotans take heed with the Florida sun! Glad we could help salve the sting. On the Internet, the major brands still charge but your voice is heard and consider your vote counted. One last note, Internet access is also complimentary in the Link@Sheraton business center in every Sheraton hotel including ours.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Suites Tampa Airport Westshore

Reviewed 19 March 2014

The two interchanges that provide access to the hotel are being rebuilt which makes getting to the hotel a challenge. However, it is worth the effort. Each room is a suite with a master bedroom with a King bed, a bathroom and a living room that includes a desk. The rooms are very nice. The only thing I didn't like was the bathrooms were a little dated but did provide good light at the mirror.

There is a pull out bed in the sofa in the living room.

The hotel reminds me of an Embassy Suite with the big atrium that overlooks all rooms. However, unlike Embassy Suites breakfast is not free and is not as good as Embassy Suites.

This is a big hotel and it has plenty of parking and the hotel seems like it is a nice area of Tampa. It is located about one mile from Tampa Bucs football stadium and and 1.5 miles from Yankees spring training complex.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank crapsguy

Dear Sheraton Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on your stay with us and I am glad you felt we were worth the effort to locate us. Indeed I-275 that runs through Tampa is being worked on. Current directions are always available on our hotel’s website. I am glad you enjoyed your stay overall.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I booked a room here for one night with Starwood member points. I was surprised by the beautiful atrium lobby and my very large and comfortable king suite. The hotel was quiet. The staff was helpful and friendly. I used the Link internet in the lobby and it was very fast., Flatbread and a glass of wine in the restaurant was reasonable and tasty. I was afraid my flight north would be cancelled and they assured me they had rooms for the next night. I liked that I could linger until Noon checkout and then drive less than two miles to the airport. My room was too chilly no matter how high I raised the AC temp. That was my only complaint and I only mentioned it at check out

Room Tip: I asked for a room away from the highway and was given #604.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Sherstur,

Thank you for staying with us and for the five-star review! I am glad you found our team members helpful and that you had an enjoyable stay.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I'll start with the positives and will say that one of the best features available to hotel guests is the complimentary airport shuttle. A shuttle driver was dispatched within 5-7 minutes after contacting the hotel and upon leaving the hotel the AM driver was very sweet + hospitable. The in-room amenities were also very much appreciated -- which consisted of a fridge, microwave, starbucks coffee pods, nestle water, and a shower scrub.

Now onto the less favorable details of my stay which included
- no welcome gift for during check in (I was able to receive the welcome gift after chatting with the front desk) and impersonal service at checkin after 11pm. I must say that the other agents were much friendlier.
- stray hairs on bed (not pleasant to see on white bed duvet covers)
- water damage on wall
- Lights were off upon arrival
- my only request to housekeeping for coffee and cream - was never delivered

This hotel certainly has potential to improve - I would certainly come back when improvements have been made.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank savvytravels_23

Dear savytravels_23,

Thank you for the kind remarks about our shuttle service and driver. However, I must apologize for the issues you observed in your suite. It is our responsibility to make sure everything is as it should be and I am sorry we let you down. I have shared your comments with both our engineering team and the housekeeping department. I hope you had mentioned your observations to our team so at least they could address them. I appreciate your constructive feedback and look forward to welcoming you back and showing you that we can do better.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I booked this hotel last minute using 4,000 SPG points.

The hotel was easy to find with plenty of free parking spaces.

The room was decent with two large LCD TVs. Location was convenient. Staff was nice.

Would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear MINIMD,

We love our SPG members! Thanks for staying with us! Say ‘hey’ to my friends in Atlanta for me.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

As a SPG Platinum 75 Member I am disappointed. I got a very good deal with the points which was unbeatable in terms of the price. However, I would not come back here after this stay.
I checked into this hotel, because my favorite Tampa property (Westin Harbor Island) was sold out. The location of this hotel in terms of proximity to the airport is great. Other than that I would not recommend staying more than one night for the following reasons I have experienced so far:
1. the WiFi only works if you sit near the door, i.e. won't work in your bedroom.
2. I ordered food and unfortunately the instructions were not followed properly.
3. The lighting in the bathroom is terrible.
4. The room phone does not work properly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Oncofighter,

Please allow me to apologize for the aggravations we caused you during your recent stay with us. By private message I hope to learn your suite number so I can follow up and insure the issues have been corrected. I appreciate your loyalty to Starwood hotels.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

This is the second year i have stayed there as part of a baseball trip. The location is perfect if you are visiting any of the ball parks in the Tampa / Orlando/ St Pete area. It is a 5 min drive to the airport and close the causeways to St Pete. It is on the 275 so access to the 4 is also easy.

The rooms are all suites with a sitting area and bedroom. They are not 5 star but at more than comfortable and clean.

Great atrium and very cool breakfast room let's you enjoy their buffet in the atrium. Good work out room and tons of parking.

If you want convenience and price and proximity this place is hard to beat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear srhasting1,

Thank you for your kind words and for staying with us, again. A repeat guest is the best compliment. Baseball is the best part of spring. As Rogers Hornsby once said, “People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring.”