“Run, don't walk away”
Review of World of Beer - CLOSED

World of Beer
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Description: At World of Beer, we've got 50 craft beers on tap, over 500 in the cooler and a menu of tasty tavern fare that's crafted to go perfectly with beer. And whether you're a beer master or just beer curious, our insanely knowledgeable staff is here to guide you through every last pint, pour, and pairing. So c'mon. Let's go. Because there's no better place to go around the world, one sip at a time.
Lakeland, Florida
“Run, don't walk away”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

To be fair, the first time I visited them about three weeks ago, I would have given them a two. The beer selection is not nearly as good as The Brass Tap's. The servers are not as friendly, nor as helpful. Maybe more apropriate to say clueless. Still, I had a couple of good beers while I was there, as I knew what to ask for.

My second visit...AWEFUL!!! My wife and I went there for appetizers this weekend on Saturday. After waiting for service in a nearly empty restaurant, we tried to order crab cakes and a scotch egg. They said they were out. "Oh, and we're out of the flatbreads, and this, and that, and that." As it turned out, they did manage after about ten minutes to tell us we were in luck on the crab cake. Even so, about two thirds of the food menu was not available. The explanation was they were changing menus next week. Bet it was a long weekend! This should have been our clue to leave, but I am a glutton for punishment and wanted a beer! The service continued to be bad. We actually had a male and a female server waiting on us. Neither of them seemed to be able to keep up with the ten or so people who were there at 4 in the afternoon. One beer, one soda, one order of overpriced (but yummy) crab cakes, and ONE HOUR later, we were too frustrated to stay. The bill couldn't come fast enough. Well...it could have. But it didn't. Don't plan on ever going back. I'll stick to the Brass Tap from here on out.

• Visited January 2014

Enfield, Connecticut
“Great Stop!”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We won a WOB gift card at a toy drive and were excited to try it out. It didn't disappoint. As non-snobby beer drinkers, we enjoyed the selection. A page or two of options. It was fun to pick them out, and the bartender was helpful to be sure we'd enjoy what we ordered. Loved the outdoor drinking scene and we were thankful for the heaters!!

• Visited December 2013
Tampa, Florida
“Great beers, great atmosphere, creative eating options”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We've been going to this particular WoB for some years and always enjoy it. Their beer selection is great and the servers are knowledgeable. If you have a general idea of what type beer you'd like, they can suggest options and are very gracious about providing free samples before you buy a pint. If they don't have it on tap, they probably have it in a bottle. Only rarely (but it happens) have they not had what I was looking for.

As other recent reviews indicated, this location has been a test for their food menu. We've tried different sandwiches and can strongly recommend the Reuben and the cheese sandwich (I know, it sounds like it'd be for a kid, but their cheese sandwich isn't). The portions aren't huge, but who needs huge portions when you have beer?

The creative part comes in if you want to eat, but not from their menu. Ask them and they'll provide menus for surrounding restaurants who deliver food to your table in WoB! With this option, it opens up plenty of options for dinner. Of course, when you order from another establishment, the quality no longer reflects on WoB and sometimes the service has been disappointing from the other restaurants. Be sure to ask them when ordering how long it will take; they generally will be honest if they're backed up or not. And if they are, you can just ask for another menu and take another option!

• Visited November 2013
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“This WoB Serves Food”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

An excellent chain of beer bars with large selection of good beers. This branch of the chain, unlike most, serves food as well. Basic "pub grub" like flatbreads and sandwiches, which are both good and inexpensive. The bartender told me it was a test that may be expanded to other World of Beers if successful.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank beerwriter
Tampa, Florida
“Not a world of beer”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Good selection of beers but they are missing way too many. They should start selling food too. Service is just ok.... I have been to a couple of their locations and the majority of the servers and bartenders have been a little rude.

Visited January 2013