“Excellent location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #68 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
london
“Excellent location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

This hotel has so many pluses and i will attempt to describe. Unpon arrival, there is a complmentary happy hour from 6:00 to 7:30 that consists of beer, wine, sodas, hot dogs baked beans, potato salad, regular salad and apples.
Really enough for a light dinner. The outside area is lovely with a large bar-b-que for grilling, sports court (basketball) hot tub and large pool, large amount of seating and umbrellas with shade. Ok, we finally go upstairs and very pleased with the one bedroom suite complete with kitchen and pull out sofa. The room easily can accommodate two adults and small children on the sleep safa. So nice for parents that want some privacy for the two rooms have a door that separate them. Extremely comfortable bed and very large bathing area. The kitchen had coffee supplies and even a bag of microwave popcorn to enjoy while watching falt screen televisions, yes, one in the living room area and one in the bedroom. Breakfast was really good, all home made, fresh eggs, sausage sandwiches, fresh bagels (must have been from a local bakery) red skinned potatoes and turkey bacon. There was also homemade oatmeal topped with fresh blueberries walnuts, raisins, and chocolate chips. Yougurt and fresh fruit, coffee etc. A great astart to the day.
One of the nicest features of the hotel is the complimentary courtesy shuttle in the downtown area from 7:00 to 11:00. Just call from the front desk when ready and you are taken where you want to go within a 2 mile radius, in our case the Convention Center, and again call to be taken back to the hotel. With parking a premium, it is nice not to worry about anything except getting to where you want on time. Do plan extra time for the shuttle may make additional stops if everyone does not go to the same location. Parking at the hotel is 12 dollars a night, but understandable considering one is downtown. This is the niciest Residence Inn I have stayed, and being a Gold Member I do stay at a number of Marriott hotels

Room Tip: Pool side rooms are nice
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Winter Springs, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

One of the nicest places I've stayed in a long time, very nice staff members. Need a little more parking but is kinda expected for downtown. Very clean room, comfy bed and pillows and we ended up with a balcony which was a nice surprise.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
orlando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Located in the heart of downtown Tampa, what it lacks in extravagant details it makes up for with friendly staff and extra effort. The suites are newly decorated and have marble counters and clean appliances. Although I have had bad experiences at other Residence Inns, this one I have visited a couple times when the full service hotels nearby were overbooked and have no complaints at all. A good experience every time. Check out Taps beer bar just around the corner for a great, hip, downtown beer experience.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Chesterfield, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We spent one night in this hotel before leaving on a cruise out of the Port of Tampa. Check-in was a bit dicey with the staff being cool, yet polite, but not helpful at all with checking on room status, etc. Parking is across the street and there is a fee. The check-in staff became much more friendly and attentive once they realized we were Marriott Gold Rewards members, but that should have not made a difference in their attitude or demeanor. The room/suite was fairly small but comfortable and clean. A breakfast buffet was included the next morning and was adequate and what one would expect. If at all possible, request a room on the backside of the hotel away from the street. Our room on the front experienced a lot of traffic noise.

Room Tip: Get a room on the backside of the hotel to avoid traffic noise.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
GMRITAMPADOWNTOWN, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you for writing and staying with us prior to your cruise. I wanted to follow up and apologize for the check in observation you had. I will forward your comment to the appropriate staff. You did mention being a Marriott Rewards Gold Member and wanted to specifically thank you for your loyalty to Marriott Hotels.

Safe travels,

Stephano Anamisis
Middletown, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

This is the absolute worst hotel experience I have ever had! First of all let me say that the assistant GM tried very hard to make things better but he was clearly working with a bunch of incompetents (particularly house keeping!). First of all when we checked in we were informed that there were no cribs or pack n plays left for our infant daughter nor were there any rooms with 2 beds. At this point we knew that none of us would be getting any sleep in the dbl bed we were stuck with. Our room was filthy! Body hair all over the bathroom floor, finger prints on mirror and windows, pubic hair in bathtub, groceries left in cupboards... I could go on! I called and complained and assist GM was very apologetic and offered to send housekeeping immediately to clean room. I asked that they wait and come while we were out to dinner. On our way out I stopped at desk and gave diff agent our room # and she assured me she would send HK immediately. We were out for over 3 hours and upon returning bathroom still filthy. Dirty diapers left in garbage, hair still on floor and in tub. I called front desk and lady apologized stating she had told them to come. She offered to send us some milk from the market! Seriously??? HK came a short time later with a rag and a spray bottle. I asked about vacuum and was informed that they dont use vacuums on floors only carpet. A mop maybe? Instead she persisted to spray floor and wipe hairs onto carpet!! Then asked me to check the floor. I pointed out several hairs still on floor which she hastily swept away again onto carpet. I had to ask her to change garbage and didn't even get into dust and fingerprints. I'm ready to cry!! I'm so disgusted as I lay wide awake with my 7 month old beside me. This isn't even safe. I've stayed at Marriott more times than I can count and never was told they have no pack n plays. This stay has been a nightmare since we walked in the door!!!

Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Stewnc
Denver
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

We reserved a "suite" for two weeks. After two hours of our 14-night stay, here's what I know:
1) The "suite" is bedroom with a couch, chair and mini-kitchen jammed into it.
2) At a glance, the dishwasher is obviously falling apart.
3) The sliding closest doors are also falling apart and open only with lots of muscle.
4) The lounge chair appears to be 50 years old.
5) The Internet connect is s-l-o-w, but it does work.
6) No ice tray in the freezer, no ice bucket. After waiting an hour for an ice bucket, we used the laundry bag.
7) A shelf on the wall droops at about a 15% angle.
8) The drapes and pictures are nice.

I am currently shopping for another place to stay for the remaining 13 nights. I'll update this review if anything changes.

Room Tip: Find a different hotel.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rick A
Sunrise, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

These Property was easily the best 3 Star Property I ever stayed at. Bordering on a 4 star except for Property Type. The 1 bedroom suite I had was spacious, with a fully equipped kitchen, excellent desk area for working with your Lap top, excellent wifi offering both wireless and ethernet connections, one of the most comfortable beds I ever slept on, great shower heads, excellent, one of the best breakfast buffets I have ever had in this type property. Staff very friendly and helpful. Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Ask for your preference fro a room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business