This hotel has so many pluses and i will attempt to describe. Unpon arrival, there is a complmentary happy hour from 6:00 to 7:30 that consists of beer, wine, sodas, hot dogs baked beans, potato salad, regular salad and apples.
Really enough for a light dinner. The outside area is lovely with a large bar-b-que for grilling, sports court (basketball) hot tub and large pool, large amount of seating and umbrellas with shade. Ok, we finally go upstairs and very pleased with the one bedroom suite complete with kitchen and pull out sofa. The room easily can accommodate two adults and small children on the sleep safa. So nice for parents that want some privacy for the two rooms have a door that separate them. Extremely comfortable bed and very large bathing area. The kitchen had coffee supplies and even a bag of microwave popcorn to enjoy while watching falt screen televisions, yes, one in the living room area and one in the bedroom. Breakfast was really good, all home made, fresh eggs, sausage sandwiches, fresh bagels (must have been from a local bakery) red skinned potatoes and turkey bacon. There was also homemade oatmeal topped with fresh blueberries walnuts, raisins, and chocolate chips. Yougurt and fresh fruit, coffee etc. A great astart to the day.
One of the nicest features of the hotel is the complimentary courtesy shuttle in the downtown area from 7:00 to 11:00. Just call from the front desk when ready and you are taken where you want to go within a 2 mile radius, in our case the Convention Center, and again call to be taken back to the hotel. With parking a premium, it is nice not to worry about anything except getting to where you want on time. Do plan extra time for the shuttle may make additional stops if everyone does not go to the same location. Parking at the hotel is 12 dollars a night, but understandable considering one is downtown. This is the niciest Residence Inn I have stayed, and being a Gold Member I do stay at a number of Marriott hotels
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn is Marriott's leading extended stay brand. We are equipped to give you the room to enjoy yourself on longer stays. Whether you are staying for one night or 6 months, our spacious suites with kitchens will certainly give you comforts that most hotels can't. We provide complimentary amenities that include a full hot buffet breakfast, light meal with all you can drink beer and wine Monday - Wednesday evenings and internet throughout the hotel! Our wonderful staff is here to do everything they can to ensure that your stay is flawless and comfortable. We look forward to serving you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Marriott, Agoda, Hotel.de, HRS and Ebookers so you can book your Residence Inn Tampa Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Tampa Downtown Hotel Tampa
- Tampa Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Tampa Downtown Florida