“Great price for over sized rooms” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Tampa Downtown

Residence Inn Tampa Downtown
Ranked #68 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Boston
“Great price for over sized rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Good choice if you are looking for a hotel with full size kitchen...service is excellent. Request a room facing courtyard. Outside rooms a bit noisy but hotel staff gladly switched my room even when hotel over booked. Pool is shaded most of day so not a great hotel if you want to sunbath. Nice fire pit outside for visiting.. Hotel shares a pool and courtyard with the marriott courtyard who has a cafe and bar..Marriott residence has breakfast only.

Stayed December 2013
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
AddictedToTravel01,

THANK YOU so much for your great review! It is our goal in life to give superb service to each an every one of our guests and we are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and let everyone else know that you liked staying here with us! Our pool can get taken over by the shade a little bit but we have another pool that we can send you to so that you can properly work on your Florida tan! Always make sure to come to the front desk for anything that we can do to ensure that you truly enjoy your stay with us while you are here in beautiful Tampa, FL.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Mount Royal, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013

This hotel was pretty poor, even for a Residence Inn. I wouldn't suggest staying here. The room was pretty clean but the service wasn't very good. The first 4 keys I was printed didn't work. The cleaning staff didn't replace the shampoo. At the end of the stay the receipt I received was a basically a blank piece of paper with some smeared ink. You couldn't read one word or number on it and the front deck told me their printer was acting up. This is a BASIC function of a hotel. Also, the location was a little sketchy. There was a 'free' shuttle but also a shady guy in the lobby trying to pitch his shuttle (for a fee) telling the guests the regular shuttle wouldn't be back for 45 minutes. We waited 5 minutes and the regular shuttle arrived.

The most annoying thing was the staff's inability to understand my reservation (which was made through marriott, not a third party). I booked two rooms, one for two nights and one for three nights. After checking out of the first room the hotel called me while I was at the Bucs game asking why I hadn't vacated the other room. It was very difficult to straighten this out in the middle of a loud football game, nor did I want to be distracted from the game to handle this. I had to rush back to the hotel after the game to explain to them we had the second room reserved an additional night which they should have seen in the system. I won't be staying here again. I am a platinum marriott rewards member and I am overall very pleased with 90% of the marriotts I stay in. I also stayed at the regular Marriott Waterside hotel in Tampa a few blocks away and that was very nice. Stay there if you are looking for a marriott and can afford to spend a little more.

Room Tip: The one room suite has a nice bedroom but a very small living room with an uncomfortable pull out co...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Mr. Lynch,

Thank you so much for staying with us though I am so very sorry that you didn't get to experience the phenominal service that our guests are accustomed to. I would love nothing more than to hear from you so that I can get an even better understanding as to what happened that day. I will email you directly so that I can clarify a few things. Our hotel is in the heart of downtown and does give complimentary rides for guests within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. The Bucs stadium is further than 2 miles and we normally make arrangements for our guests to get to the game using alternative transportation. I will make sure to have a conversation with the company so that no one else experiences what you had to go through. Again, please accept our apologies and know that we sincerely appreciate the time that you took to tell us about your experience so that we can work on these issues. I have checked our printers and they do work very well! Giving you a folio that you can't read is pointless so I do appreciate your frustration. I will email you a fresh one for your records. I hope that I can have the opportunity to have you stay with us again so that we can show you what our guest normally experiences! Our goal is to make sure that every guest enjoys their stay due to our product, our service and our ability to do all that we can to give each and every guest true hospitality.
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013

I stayed here for a conference held at the convention center in Tampa for 5 days. I enjoyed my stay here and the staff were very friendly and courteous. The rooms were very comfortable and clean. The complimentary breakfast had a good spread and the evening social dinner(Mon-Wed) was also enjoyable. There are good restaurants around the hotel at a walkable distance(no Mcd, KFC sort off) but has no supermarkets except for a CVS store. The convention center is at 20 minutes walkable distance but the hotel offers a free shuttle which you can manage if there is not too much rush. If you enjoy theaters I think there is a very good theatre near by and don't forget to do the river walk if you have some time to spare.The only hiccup was the slow internet connection as at times it really became unusably slow...

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank casperkamal
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, 7 January 2014
Mr. Casperkamal ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and giving such great information. We are quite proud of our location and the fact that we are so close to the convention center, running trails and great restaurants of different varieties! I did want to add that we have great news and will be getting a refresh and upgrade in our internet connectivity as of mid January! We are always here to listen to our guests and do all that we can to make sure that they are happy and well taken care of. Your needs are all that matter to us.

Happy New Year!

Shab Sachedina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

This hotel really exceeded my expectations. I've stayed in a Residence Inn one time before for business and swore I would never do it again. I had to book this stay on the fly in order to use my Marriott points and to keep my car parked there during a family reunion cruise. When we arrived it looked nothing like I expected! Very pretty hotel, big clean room!
Everyone at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. They gave us great restaurant and menu suggestions, and shuttled us back and forth to the restaurant promptly. There was an accidental duplicate charge on my bill, and when I showed the front desk the error, the attendant apologized for the mistake and waived the entire charge for any inconvenience! This has changed my mind about Residence Inn's, and I would definitely recommend this particular hotel to anyone.

Stayed November 2013
1 Thank Lisa A
Ossipee, New Hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

Nothing fancy, just an average Residence Inn. Very friendly staff, though! Parking is an extra $12 a day, but they do offer courtesy shuttle providing destination is within a 2 mile radius of the hotel. Meet N Greet on Wednesday is a nice touch and very enjoyable.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the upper levels if you're a light sleeper. Street traffic can be...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sandi s
Barkestone, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed here for a convention and booked a shared suite. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was basic but clean and centrally located for my needs. The best thing was happy hour which consisted of free beer and food! Would recomend!

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Tee1404
Lake Worth, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

We have stayed at many Residence Inn"s around the country and the hospitality here was over the top from the managers to all of the other employee's.It is right down town and gives great access to all events and venues

Room Tip: get a room with a fire place
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family