“More than worth it.”

Residence Inn Tampa Downtown
Ranked #73 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Been here for more than a month and I've enjoyed each day at the Residence Inn in Downtown Tampa. The staff couldn't have been kinder, from the front desk to the employees who make breakfast every. The room service has been consistent. Parking hasn't been much of a problem, though the lots tend to fill on weekends, worrying you that you might not get a spot. Room — king bed, sofa bed — is spacious. Plenty of workspace. Helps that it's connected to the Courtyard Marriott, which has a bit of a more lively lobby. That's important for me because I don't like working alone on my laptop. I'd rather be around people. Anyway, done with my tangent. This place was great and Shab, the director of sales, was helpful way before I even arrived, helping me coordinate my stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brendannnn
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Brendan,

Thank you for the great review and we absolutely love having you here with us. Just to let you know, we only sell as many spots as are available. It doesn't matter what time you come and go from the parking lot, your spot is your spot! Let me know if we can do anything for you.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Friendly staff, but poor and shoddy service during the stay. We booked a two-bedroom suite for three nights. The hotel is old and in dire need of updating: stains on the carpet in our room and in the lobby; bathrooms not completely clean; room amenities cheap and meager: only three forks/only two water glasses, etc. Main complaint is the house keeping. On our first full day, the room was not serviced until we asked for somebody to come and do it (about 4pm); on our second full day, the room was only half-serviced; one bedroom was complete the other was left undone. Yet, on the morning of our check-out housekeeping was at our door at 9 a.m.!! Our stay was not improved by having no room keys until the third day of our stay due to a broken card reader. I would not recommend the Residence Inn, Tampa.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Eponymous_13,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review so that we can do our part to ensure that everyone gets the service that they need. We have had a shift in management and we are very serious about making sure that each and evey guest gets great service throughout our entire hotel. We do apologize and we hope to have another opportunity to show you how we have improved!

Thanks,
Shab

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My youth group had to make last minute change to lodging arrangement. Contacted the sales director, she helped get our plans back on track. Friendly and helpful! HONESTLY our organization's BEST stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dueul,

I'm happy that we were able to assist your group as they came in to Tampa. What a joy it was to have all of them stay with us. We look forward to working with you again!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

I am currently staying at this Residence Inn (Downtown Inn - Tampa) as I always stay with Residence Inn Hotels. So far the room is nice and always cleaned with discipline, the hotel grounds is downtown just north of Convention Center with ease to places to eat, shop - if not, staff is always willing to drive you. Parking is across the brick-paved street (key coded entry) in fenced-in parking lot with plenty of space. Morning buffett style breakfast is prepared well, hot and always promtly ready (mostly early) - Evening meal (M-W) is good with variety and never over-crowded with tap-beer, red and white wine. This hotel shares a middle "courtyard" with Courtyard Marriot to the rear of each hotel. B-Ball court, outdoor kitchen grill (huge...very nice!), and pool with hot tub with plenty of space and seating for singles and families. The most important part of this review will be the friendly and accomodating staff. Due to my lengthy stay I wanted to augment the design of my room - told the Sales Director the first night at the evening dinner and before I got back to the room it was taken care of. For the first month now, she has been committed to providing outstanding customer service. When I'm not bugging her or others in the staff for something I overhear them constantly accomodating other guests. I've met most of the staff and each one of them are extremely nice with a smile on their face and very sociable. I would recommend this hotel to all however more specifically anyone who has business in the downtown Tampa area, vacationing to the local beaches, and before and after cruise ship stays.

Room Tip: Tip#1...Take an evening walk to Bayshore Blvd (1m) at dusk to see amazing sunset views over the wate...
2  Thank Vincent C
Shab S, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Vincent C,

We absolutly love to have you stay with us and I can't thank you enough for letting everyone know how you feel! Sincere hospitality is what we do our best to deliver to each and every guest. Your review means so much more because it isn't "wow'ing" you for your one night with us, you've been living with us for a while and to have you say all that you did speaks volumes. Thank you once again Vincent.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We booked two rooms in advance to our upcoming cruise out of Tampa. Booked the room through Priceline. Prior to our check in date, I had contact with the hotel on two occasions, one of these occasions was on Thursday before our Saturday night stay. On the date of our arrival our flight was delayed. I called to notify them only to find out that they did not have a room for us. I began to wonder what would have happened had I not called, would we have just showed up to be told sorry no rooms. Additional accommodations were secured at their Fairfield Inn location in Clearwater. NOT COMPARABLE! This new location caused us to spend over $100 in taxi fees. Paying upfront and having a confirmation does not secure you a room. Shame on this location and shame on Marriott.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Ms. Lara,

We do apologize that you weren't able to stay with us and for any and all inconveniences.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Friendly staff, decent breakfast - coffee is not watered down for once but I haven't seen bacon as an option yet, 4 cardio machines in 24 hr gym - your typical Residence Inn in a good way, except that if you need the internet to either do work or relax from work:

FORGET IT!

1  Thank JDLopez
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

JDLopez,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for the kind words in regards to our service and the complimentary amenities that we provide our guests. I want you to know that we have heard you and all of our guests. Your needs are our #1 concern. We are currently getting upgraded internet - so much so that everyone at no matter what time should have all the througput that they need to get their jobs done. We know that our business travelers need to have a good internet connection to get their work done and we want nothing more than to provide our guests with every complimentary amenity that we promise. That includes our breakfast, our beautiful outside oasis and our internet. We do apologize that you weren't able to get the internet connectivity that you needed. I hope that we can have you come and stay with us again and please know that we listen and we do sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We are always trying to improve for each and every one of our guests.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We typically love our Marriott experiences. Recently our flight home was delayed five days and we were grounded in Tampa. After counting ou blessings for being stuck in such a lovely area away from the chills at home we were gratified by the support we had from Marriott reservation's desk helping us to locate a suitable place to stay. We had a wonderful taxi ride from the airport with a wonderful gentleman who went out of his way to make us feel welcome to the Tampa Bay Area. However, I regret to say that this hotel left a lot to be desired given Marriott's usual high standards. Our room was not cleaned for two days and when we asked about it we did receive some fresh towels and some replacement coffee packets. The third day we had to ask again and the room was not refreshed until after 4:00. We asked for advice at the desk about getting around and what to see and were directed to the 'brochure' rack down the hall. While this particular hotel was clean and conveniently located downtown- after this experience, I would not recommend it to others or stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Ms. Linda K,

I can't apologize enough in regards to the level of service that you received while staying with us. This is certainly not the level of service or cleansliness that our guests receive normally and it clearly means that there is a need for more training for our newer associates. Thank you for bringing this to our attention so that we can strive to continue to give the great service that our guests normally receive. Stay warm and have a good day.