“Just perfect! Highly recommend!”

Residence Inn Tampa Downtown
Ranked #73 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 21 May 2014

After spending the last 5 days in Tampa at this property, I can truly say this was a really good stay. Beds are comfy, staff are very personable, breakfast is filling and rooms very clean and spacious.
I like this style of hotel compared to the bigger ones... Main reason is because you are treated like a person (like family!) rather than as a number. The hotel manager Ms. Deidre is very kind and gracious and you can see that her hotel staff are happy because of her positive attitude. I applaud her and her team because I'm sure there are people out there who complain about something so minor (like not getting their paper bill) ! From check in to check out every employee I encountered were smiling and would say hello to me, rooms were clean and tidy and throughout the hotel also was kept clean too. I really enjoyed the free managers social in the evenings and totally pigged out at breakfast. No complaints here, I really think this place is perfect!

Room Tip: All rooms are suites so you'll be fine anywhere!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Fred D
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Fred D,

Thank you so much for an amazing review. It always makes us proud to hear that we did a good job of making you feel like family. That is our internal motto and one that we are very passionate about. Thank you so much for taking your time to write your thoughts and I will make sure that we share them with our team!

Have a great weekend,

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The staff at the Residence Inn made my trip enjoyable as they were very welcoming and friendly especially after my long days at the convention center for a conference. The hotel was nice, I did not have any complaints about it or my room. I chose this hotel due to the free internet and breakfast. These were nice touches that I didn't have to worry about each day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Wiznut
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Wiznut,

Thank you for your review! We truly believe that each individual that is a part of our team has an impact on our guests stay and time in Tampa and I am so happy to hear that we did a great job! Thank you for letting us know so that I can share that with our team - it certainly goes a long way!

Have a great week,

Reviewed 16 May 2014

We were having our house tented and needed a place to stay for 2 adults, 2 young adults, and our 7-lb dog. We booked a two-room suite, which had an excellent price. We needed to be out of our home early on the first day and could not go back in until the late afternoon on the third day. We were accommodated with early check-in and late-check out. The staff deserves 5 stars all by themselves! The suite was great, including a full kitchen, stove, utensils, plates and utensils, and a full-size refrigerator. There was buffet breakfast and dinner included with the stay. Also, we were walking distance to many wonderful downtown restaurants, plus very close to the dog park at Curtis Hixon park. This hotel comes with my highest recommendation.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Howard518
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Howard 518,

I can't tell you how much we appreciate your kind words. Thank you for staying at our hotel and I hope that we have the pleasure of having all of you stay with us again!

Thanks again!

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I was attending a conference at the Convention Center, Downtown Tampa. I am a Marriott Girl--so I opted to stay at the Residence Inn that was about a mile from the 'hustle and bustle' of the conference but still close enough to walk to my seminars/meetings. Prior to arriving in Tampa, I got an email from the hotel--thanking me for my business and upon check-in, I was greeted by a very friendly front desk attendant who also thanked me for being a loyal Elite Gold Marriott Rewards Member. That was the end of my positive experience in Tampa. The hotel room was semi-clean, the maid forgot to give me coffee during the cleaning service every morning, the computer in the lobby was 'down' so I had to run next door to their sister property to print my boarding pass--and the grand finale, the hotel overcharged my company AMEX by $1600. Although I caught the mistake a few weeks later and called the property immediately for a refund, the ongoing saga has been fruitless. After 5 calls to the hotel, a call to the main Marriott corporate office (who regrettably told me I had to deal with the hotel directly) and multiple emails/phone calls to the General Manager and Director of Sales--7 weeks after their mistake, they still cannot produce a corrected bill reflecting the accurate charges. My Expense Report is LATE, I am getting late notices for my AMEX Corporate Card and I cannot reconcile the bill--because the Residence Inn Tampa is holding it hostage. Worst Marriott Experience EVER. Travelers...BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!! The Experience is not worth the Marriott Points....

Room Tip: High floor since the hotel is located at the intersection of major streets.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dori C

Dori C,

Thanks for being a Marriott-Girl and I do apologize that you were so disappointed in the response that you received in regards to your billing though this was a unique situation. When you changed your length of stay, it changed your rate. The GM was kind and agreed to refund you the difference. I understand then you needed your bill to not reflect these changes so we had to make a special invoice for you, which we were happy to do. Again, we do apologize that you weren't able to meet your deadlines and making sure that we take care of our guests to the best of our ability is our ultimate goal. You will notice that I did send you the additional Marriott points as an extra apology as well - as I promised.

Have a good day,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The hotel itself is good enough - clean and walking distance from restaurants and nightlife. The hotel also has a shuttle that takes you anywhere you want within two miles of the hotel, which was nice.

The staff was very friendly and helpful - the sales manager helped me out by giving me the military rate - even though this rate was not available when I registered on line.

Room was clean, bed was comfy.

Dinner was served from 6-7:30 pm and it was decent enough. Not the best meals, but not bad for included with your stay.

I'd stay here agin if I travel through Tampa again.

Room Tip: You do not want a room that faces the club on the next street. A buddy of mine had a room that fac...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Loggo0404,

Thanks for your review and we hope that we have the opportunity to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Good location downtown for the performing arts center area. Decent outdoor pool. The hotel itself is a bit dated with a small lobby area and dining room. Our room was fine and we got upgraded to a two room suite. Friendly staff. Parking is across the street for this hotel and the Courtyard next door. $10 dollar cab ride to Ybor City or they will shuttle you there - just tip your driver.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dave Y,

Thank you for staying with us and your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your trip and we hope to be able to have you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Booked with free night certificate via Marriott.com.

Arrived mid afternoon to this place on a Saturday so plenty of street parking. Did not use their parking (14$ valet). Check in was courteous and fast. Got a nice 1 bedroom suite on 5th floor. The place is fairly new, with a nice kitchen/dining room and living room with LED TV. The bedroom was decent sized with queen bed, LED TV and separate sink/bathroom configuration. Good curtains keep sun out for late risers.

The gym was smallish with decent equipment (1 elliptical, 1 treadmill, 1 bike) and weights. The pool and jacuzzi is shared with Courtyard next door, very nice. They do have a small basket ball court! Breakfast was standard residence inn fare, decent, varied: eggs, waffles, potatoes, biscuit and gravy, fruits, oatmeal, etc...

The location is good, as it is easy to walk downtown and to the hockey arena. Shuttle is offered within 3 miles radius (airport excepted).

Overall, a great option.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Shab S, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Lubiere,

Thank you so much for taking your time to let everyone know that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for staying with us! We hope that we have the opportunity to have you come and stay with us again. Just a little correction if you don't mind...the shuttle service that we offer is within a 2 mile range of our hotel but we do also use a local transportation company if you need to go further!