“Ok but spend a little more for better hotel/location.”

Residence Inn Tampa Downtown
Ranked #69 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Sarasota, Florida
“Ok but spend a little more for better hotel/location.”
Reviewed 26 February 2007

Rooms were large and comfortable but pricey for the location. Spend the extra $25 and get right on the water.

Front desk was not as professional as I experiance at other Marriotts.

Free breakfast was very good. Service staff very friendly.

Parking ($8) accross the street was secure and well lit but the hotel offered no help with our luggage.

Stayed February 2007
6 Thank Phreddie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Cape Cod, MA
Reviewed 24 February 2007

We recently stayed here for 2 nights while visiting the University of Tampa which is only a few minutes away. We really enjoyed this hotel as it was made up of a kitchen and living room combination and a separate bedroom with a TV in each room. The room was clean, not immaculate, but cleaned well enough for us to still feel comfortable staying there. There was also a good breakfast with eggs, bacon, waffles and the usual cereal, muffins, breads, etc. The pool and tubtub looked clean, but we never had the chance to use them since it was rainy and cool.

We did have a little trouble finding the parking lot and the entrance since it's located on a one way street, so make sure you take the street before where the Courtyard is located on and go around the block to the other side where you will find the Residence and parking lot.

• Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jayne2004
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 February 2007

for $65 on priceline, a great deal. apartment-like room with full kitchen, two couches. very comfortable bed. free shuttle for 2-mile radius. decent breakfast. 24-hour hottub/pool. everything else is pretty bland. downtown tampa is a bore. not even a coffee shop within walking distance. everything shuts down early. not the hotel's fault, but better locations to stay in tampa.

• Liked — the bed
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank fritztastic
Ada, MI
Reviewed 26 August 2006

I had to book a hotel quickly in Tampa because my dad went into Tampa General Hospital for unexpected surgery. The hospital suggested several hotels in the area but, I am so glad that the Residence Inn Downtown was available. The room was VERY large, well furnished and VERY clean and comfortable. The staff was so pleasant and helpful from the desk to houskeeping. The Residence inn offers a large breakfast each morning and hospitality hour in the evening complete with soup, wings, popcorn, a keg of beer, softdrinks and pretzels. They even showed a movie for families with kids here that evening in the lobby. The hotel located in the center of downtown Tampa across the street from the Public Library and the Art Museum. University of Tampa is in walking distance and I spoke with several college students walking in the area who said it is safe to walk around downtown in the daylight hours. I walked to and from the hospital each day (10 am and 6 pm) which is about 1.5 miles from the hotel although, the hotel provides a shuttle to anywhere within 5 miles of the hotel. The Courtyard Marriott is directly across the backside of the Residence Inn and both hotels share the pool, basketball court and the hot tub. Both hotels seemed busy but never over crowded in any area. The Residence Inn offers a great rate of $99 to family members of folks who find themselves in Tampa General Hospital.
Great stay...I would come back in a minute!

• Liked — Location and staff
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank thebee
Lincoln Park
Reviewed 12 May 2006

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on our trip to Tampa at the beginning of Feb.
We checked in very late as our plane was delayed but had no problems getting right in. The hotel was very busy for Gasparilla but didnt hunder the service.
Room was nice and spacious as are all residence inns, and housekeeping was excellent every night.
I would not recommend the restaurant at the adjacent Courtyard, but the front desk was happy to provide us with menus of nearby places that would deliver.
The location was nice. There was a shuttle that would take us anywhere within 5 miles.
We took the initial shuttle into Ybor City and then rode the trolly and busses all over the city thereafter. There was a stop right in front of our hotel. We could go to channelside, Ybor and even Hyde park for $2 a day unlimited...what a deal!
I would definately stay here again on our next trip to Tampa.

• Stayed February 2006
3 Thank heathork
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 12 April 2006

We stayed one night at this hotel. Upon check in, one of the rooms had a very bad odor to it. Housekeeping said the solution was to spray the carpets which I knew would not work. I went to the desk and advised them of the problem. They immediately moved me to another room which was perfectly fine. Marriott has changed their bedding and I found the new beds to be some of the best I have slept in for a hotel. We visited the evening reception and enjoyed the free beer, wine, and snacks. Breakfast provided ample choices although there was an obvious shortage of dishes and silverware. The rate was the cheapest in Tampa for that night. The hotel had undergone a renovation so there were some things that irked me such as rust in the bathroom and built up dirt in the corners. I am particular about bathrooms so if you read in my reviews that it was clean, you could have eaten off the floor. I would stay here again if the price was right.

• Stayed March 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 20 February 2006

We checked in to what looks like (from the outside) a very nice hotel. Its newer and really cant be more than 5 years old. Its in a shady part of town (the several blocks around it are ALL boarded up buildings). The person that checked me in was not rude but wanted to be anywhere but there. We got to our room and it was pretty dirty. I would almost say filthy. I had to wipe down the bathroom floor (hair, dirt, etc) before my wife would use it. The hotel was sold out so no good asking for another room.

The next morning breakfast was a disaster. They were out of most items like plates, forks, spoons and the like. They had ONE person working there who was doing the best she could. The food ran out, the juice ran out, and they were out of milk! Tell that to my two year old!!

I have stayed at a LOT of Residence Inns and this one is the worst.

Stayed February 2006