Downtown location. Dirty streets and lots of homeless and drunk people hanging around. Restaurants within walking distance cater to people who work downtown and are closed for dinner. The staff advised me not to walk after dark because of crime. Parking is $8 per day in a lot accross from the hotel. Rooms are mostly clean, but beware of rooms where cigarette smoke is very noticeable even though the hotel claims all the rooms are non-smoking. Management on site and front desk employees are annoyingly loud and unprofessional. I do commend housekeeping staff who is polite and works hard. Be sure to check your bill as mistakes are frequent. I have yet to hear an employee apologize for her mistake. Front desk employees talk loudly with housekeeping staff who appears to be taking breaks, while ignoring and disturbing guests. Breakfast is OK but on several occasions guests could not find a place to sit down, and coffee, juice etc. were gone and not replaced. Guests regularly show up for breakfast in their pajamas. If you want to have a nice breakfast, show up early! The pool, hot tub and the rest of the small outdoor area are overcrowded and shared with the Marriott hotel next door. Carpets are old and look dirty even after cleaning. There is one PC available to guests at the entrance and the sign asks guests not to use it for longer than 15 minutes. However, that is not enforced at all, and teens play much longer while lines form.
This hotel is very overpriced for what you get.
Advice to the hotel owners: Renovate the hotel and replace employees in management and the front desk with professional customer service TRAINED employees!
This hotel is not what you would expect a Marriott hotel to be. Huge disappointment!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn is Marriott's leading extended stay brand. We are equipped to give you the room to enjoy yourself on longer stays. Whether you are staying for one night or 6 months, our spacious suites with kitchens will certainly give you comforts that most hotels can't. We provide complimentary amenities that include a full hot buffet breakfast, light meal with all you can drink beer and wine Monday - Wednesday evenings and internet throughout the hotel! Our wonderful staff is here to do everything they can to ensure that your stay is flawless and comfortable. We look forward to serving you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Tampa Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Tampa Downtown Hotel Tampa
- Tampa Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Tampa Downtown Florida