I stayed at the Residence Inn downtown Tampa pre-cruise. The stay got off to a wonderful start when we got a free upgrade to a 2 bedroom suite. Our room was very spacious and impeccably clean. The only (very minor) issue that we had with the room was a running toilet. When I called it in, a manager came right away to fix it.
On Friday night, we went on a ghost tour. We walked over to the meeting spot about half a mile away and it was a beautiful walk. We could have taken the shuttle but it honestly never even crossed our minds. There are several restuarants withing half a mile of the hotel but most close around 10 or so.
On Saturday morning, we walked over to Channelside (once again, we actually wanted the exercise) for a Segway tour, which was amazing. It was an easy beautiful walk. After we ate lunch, had a drink and did some shopping, we called for the shuttle back to the hotel. It was only about a five minute wait and the driver was very friendly.
On Saturday night, we got a map from the very friendly front desk staff and walked half a mile to the nearest pharmacy, a CVS. Be aware, they close early and we barely made it. We got some pizza that we ate by the pool. There were some unruly kids running around that slightly ruined the peaceful atmosphere of the courtyard area. We also signed up for the shuttle to the port the next day. With 11 people and luggage, I didn't think that everyone would fit, but the manager and driver did an awesome job getting everybody onboard and with leg room. Sign up early if you want an early shuttle. They fill up fast.
The breakfast buffet was wonderful and the staff there was very attentive. There is also a small convenience store area in the lobby that was a little pricey but nice for when you really want something late at night. Everyone working at the front desk was very helpful and friendly. The shuttle drivers were speedy and nice. Our room was very clean and the bedding was extremely comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn is Marriott's leading extended stay brand. We are equipped to give you the room to enjoy yourself on longer stays. Whether you are staying for one night or 6 months, our spacious suites with kitchens will certainly give you comforts that most hotels can't. We provide complimentary amenities that include a full hot buffet breakfast, light meal with all you can drink beer and wine Monday - Wednesday evenings and internet throughout the hotel! Our wonderful staff is here to do everything they can to ensure that your stay is flawless and comfortable. We look forward to serving you! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Marriott, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Tampa Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Tampa Downtown Hotel Tampa
- Tampa Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Tampa Downtown Florida