“The best hotel ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #57 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Miami, Florida
“The best hotel ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

I love this hotel in special the cleanliness in the rooms!! The staff make me feel like home in special Miss Gleny the Housekepping manager! she was very professional, the front desk too. I love the food, and the area that the hotel are located.
ofcourse I'll stay in this hotel again!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: very large rooms and have a kitchen
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank Yankee s

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Lakeland, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

I have stayed at every Marriott in Tampa and this Residence Inn is pretty decent. It is a great location if you cannot find anything near the beaches and it is close to International Plaza. I also liked the free happy hour.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Imagine290
Schaumburg, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2012

Yikes. Good thing this was a freebie with Marriott points or I'd be talking to the manager. AC sounds like a jet engine, but wasn't enough to drown out the sorority party going on in the room next door. Called down to the front desk at 12:45am hoping she could do something about it, but the noise didn't stop. There was "security" by means of an obese man reading the paper in the lobby when we arrived at 11pm. He didn't even look up when we rang the bell. AM breakfast staff was friendly. Stayed at the Springhill Suites on our way back through Tampa and was much happier.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chicag0denise
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear chicag0denise,

I would like to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide feedback. We would also like to thank you for being a loyal Marriott Rewards member and choosing to spend your hard earned points at our Residence Inn.

We regret that your choice, to select our hotel, ended in a less than desirable stay. I understand how important a good night’s sleep is, especially when you are traveling. Our hotel has a strict party policy which, based on your experience, we failed to follow through on. I regret that the noise issue was not handled in a timely manner. Your concerns will be addressed with our overnight staff as well as our contracted security accordingly. In all the negative, thank you for recognizing the positive by commending the friendliness of our breakfast attendants. I will be sure to pass on your accolades immediately.

At the Residence Inn Westshore we strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests and we would love for you to give our property another opportunity to show you our hospitality.

Charles R. Angeles
Operations Manager
Hilton Head, South Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2012

I have stayed at this Residence Inn several times over the past couple of years and am sad to report it is going downhill very quickly. I made the reservation for this trip a couple of months ago on my last visit to Tampa and was pleasantly surprised at the room rate i received. After spending 4 days here this week i now understand why. To begin with there are the mattresses. I forgot that we had previously had issues with the fact that the king size mattresses were hard as a rock but that the queen size ones were soft and cushy. Sure enough we were assigned a king and after unpacking all of our stuff had to change rooms to a smaller bed but a more comfortable nights sleep. Then there are the room furnishings themselves which badly need to be refurbished. There are chips in most of the furniture and the carpets badly needed to be cleaned. Oddly enough after being gone all day today we got back to our rooms to be surprised with wet but cleaned carpets. The appliances in the room are all the older models and not the newer stainless steel models that I have become used to seeing. Customer service at the front desk has been mostly a miss with the exception of Lindsey who checked us in on Thursday and who helped us with the room switch. The borron line here is that there is a much newer Residence Inn off of the Veteran Highway that I would highly reccommend. I stayed there on my last trip and it has all of the pluses that this hotel used to have and none of the minuses it currently has.

Room Tip: If you like hard mattresses ask for a king. if you like softer ones ask for a queen.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank kirkmid
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Good Afternoon kirkmid -

Thank you for being a loyal guest over the past couple of years. I assure you your loyalty is appreciated and your comments are taken to heart. I have been the General Manager, at this location, for the past 4 years and I rely heavily on comments from our loyal guests to assist me with seeing things from my guest’s perspective.

As you noted, and it is not as odd as it may seem, our carpet and AC cleaning has been scheduled for several months. We are, in fact, cleaning the carpets this very week. Although we clean carpets with our own machine, as needed, it is great when we have the entire hotel done at one shot. It certainly is refreshing when walking down the halls and smelling that clean carpet smell. Around fall of 2013 our hotel will also go through its next renovation which should include those brand new appliances you have become accustomed to seeing at other locations. These renovations are mandatory by Marriott standards and are done approximately every 6 years. You will also be happy to know that we recently replaced the recliners in the rooms. Thanks to your comments I have initiated a special project for my maintenance team which will include repairing those chips you were seeing in your room.

I sincerely hope that you join us again and please, feel free to contact me directly if I can be of any further assistance.

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed for a few days during a business trip and wasn't really impressed. Hotel was just average...not one of the best Residence Inn hotels I have stayed in. AC was very loud, toilet made strange noises at night and internet was wired and very slow. Does have a nice pool/fitness area and is located near two nice malls and tons of restaurants.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank JaxGirl26
Hello JaxGirl26

Please accept my sincerest apologies for your average stay. If you have not done so already please message me and provide me with the details of your stay. I will personally make sure the AC and toilet problems are resolved assuming my team has not done so already. In regards to the internet speeds I am more than aware of the problem and am pleased to tell you that just yesterday AT&T ran fiber to my hotel and we are in the process of increasing our bandwidth.

I look forward to having you back. Thank you for taking the time to bring your concerns to my attention.

Peachtree City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

I called and made reservations at this hotel a couple of months in advance, because I and a girlfriend was going on a cruise and needed a place to stay the day before departure. When we arrived at the hotel I was told there would be a $200 deposit plus the charge for the room and I stood their confused, because none of this was mention when I booked nor was it mention on the confirmation sent to my email. I asked then if I could pay cash and I was told yes it still would be $200, but it had to be cash. I told the front desk clerk none of this was mention when I reserved and she said well this is our policy and we cannot change it. I got really upset and wanted to go somewhere else, but that was my first time in Tampa and I knew all the other hotels would be booked and I didn't want to be stranded, so I ended up staying there. Clerk very rude with an attitude and also the general manager was trying to explain to us their strict policy loudly, which was not business like. After checking out I was told I could not get my $200 cash deposit until someone checked the room, which made me feel like a criminal. The room I was in had damaged furniture and stains on the hardwood floor in kitchen. If you want great customer service, DO NOT BOOK HERE!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Roxane A
Thank you Roxane for your comments.

Please accept my apologies for my team’s failure to properly communicate our policies and procedures surrounding cash paying customers and deposits. I sincerely believed the private time you and I spent discussing this topic was sufficient. It was never my intention to make you feel uncomfortable. I assure you we inspect every room, upon checkout, when payment has been made in cash. This is necessary so that if any additional fees or charges need to be collected we have the ability to do so utilizing the deposit left by the guest.

Also, since your stay with us, we have replaced the bad recliners in our hotel and are currently working on replacing the stained linoleum. Thank you again Roxane and I hope to see you again in the future.

Hamilton, Bermuda
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

Stayed in a 2 bedroom with my husband and 2 young kids. Very happy and comfortable here. Service form staff was excellent. You can tell they recently redecorated and everything was bright and fresh. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family