“Can't wait to go back!!”

Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport
Ranked #58 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Lake Worth, Florida
“Can't wait to go back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

As always, this Residence Inn was perfect. Besides the usual clean and spacious rooms, comfortable bed, and great breakfast, this one was in the best location in Tampa- close to the airport, Downtown, and the beautiful malls. Definitely deserves a return visit!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenbflohr
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Jenbflohr -

AND WE CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE YOU BACK!

As I have mentioned in other responses I have done, I am very appreciative of the guests that take the time to share their comments regarding my hotel and my team. It is really good to see the first time reviewers. I can't help but think that their experience was so memorable, at this Residence Inn by Marriott, that they had to write their first review. Just the same I am equally as pleased to know that we were able to WOW a veteran reviewer such as yourself.

See you again soon.

ri.tpaws.gm@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Cape Coral, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

The Residence at Westshore has two types of rooms: one bedroom and suites. They are very similar with full sized refrigerators and full kitchens--all the comforts of home. I've stayed in both, and I think the only difference is the one bedroom has a door to the bathroom and two TV's as opposed to one TV. A couple will be comfortable in either one because both types of rooms are very spacious; two friends who are not a couple will want the one bedroom. The couch opens up into a big bed.

This is a very popular hotel with good reason. The location is convenient. You can walk across the street to Leroy Selmon's to eat. Across the street is an insurance building with an ATM. The International Mall is nearby. Many restaurants are on Dale Mabry, a few blocks away. They have the best breakfast buffet (even better than the fabulous Homewood Suites at Avion Park down the road) and free food on certain evenings. They have a great gym and friendly staff.

The only downsides I can think of are they don't have a shuttle to the Airport (not a problem if you have a car) and the tub is slippery. I had written my comment several years back about the slippery tubs after I scared my husband when he witnessed me slipping and falling in the tub after washing my hair. (I'm not the only one who likes using creamy body washes and hair conditioner, which can make an already slippery tub even more slick.) Luckily, I slid more than fell and was unhurt. They apparently read my comment and subsequently added non-slip treads on the floor of the tubs, but--alas--the treads they installed are inadequate and the tub was still slippery the last time I stayed there.

Some Tampa hotels are starting to act like they're in Orlando with no free parking. The Residence Inn has free parking. Who wants to pay for valet parking when you're already being charged a pretty penny to stay there?

Room Tip: All rooms are good--just book early to avoid disappointment. My personal preference is to be near a...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Funfinder139
Hello FunFinder 139 -

Thank you very much for the thorough and very complimentary critique of our hotel. One of my favorite lines from your review was "This hotel is not as new as some, but they have renovated everything, so don't be concerned about slow elevators or dated decor." The reason why this brings a smile to my face is because as updated as we appear to be, due to the hard work of my team, we are actually going through another full rooms renovation late next year. We try so hard to keep things always looking fresh and new.

It sounds to me as if you have stayed in both our One Bedroom Suites and our Studio Suites. As you mentioned the Studios Suite has the one HD LCD TV while the One Bedroom Suites has two HD LCD TV's. By the sound of it the only room type you have not tried is our Two-Bedroom Suites which has two separate bedrooms with their own private bathrooms, a living room with a fireplace and the fully equipped kitchen. And if TV's are important this room type has 3 HD LCD TV's. Now everyone in the family can watch their own favorite show!

We look forward to you choosing us again in the near future.

Thank you again.

ri.tpaws.gm@marriott.com
California, Md
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have traveled to Tampa, Fl for work plenty of times, and the smiles that I receive when I check into the Tampa Residence Inn is just like no other.

After my 3rd stay they knew my name, and I was greeted by a first name basics when checking into the hotel.

Not only do they serve a great breakfast, and have to go options, but they have a great evening hour with beer, wine and snacks.

The beds are comfy, and I have only had 1 issue and that was with the A/C unit malfunctioning. But they moved me right away. The Staff goes the extra mile to make sure you are happy !

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank ch3ss
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear ch3ss,

Our team greatly appreciates your comments, especially our front desk staff. They love getting to know our guests and the treatment you received is evidence of that desire. We have a great team and although I am sorry that you experienced a problem I am pleased to know that they were quick to respond and provide an acceptable option. Thank you for your great comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.

ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

Stayed here for 1 night only as we had an early morning flight and wanted to be close to the airport. We got exactly what we wanted. Got in late and were upgraded to a 2BR unit which was great as we both could take showers quickly. Only a 5 minute ride to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Dear DGStravels,

Thanks so much for your review. It’s great to hear that even though you had a short stay you got exactly what you wanted. We hope to see you again soon!

Operations Manger
ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com
Butler, Alabama, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

We stayed 3 days while attending our grandaughter's High School Graduation. The hotel is centrally located for many of Tampa's attractions. The room was clean and the staff very friendly and accomodating. They offered a full breakfast that would satisfy children and adults regardless of age. Two resturants are just accross the parking lot. Leroy Selmons which is a sports bar and resturant and Flemings which is an upscale resturant and reservations are recommended. This is our 2nd stay at this facility because of its location and friendly staff.

Room Tip: 3rd or 4th floor away from elevators
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you Mr. Little for your wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again for your 3rd stay at our hotel. Next time you are guest please look me up. I would like to put a face with the name.

donald.feith@marriott.com
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

I was recently at the Westshore Residence Inn for a month-long stay. Overall, the stay was good. I would not consider this Residence Inn among the better ones I have stayed at, but it was acceptable.

comments:

The elevator enterance at the lobby was a but dirty outside. Wallpaper can in fact be cleaned and this should be done as it set an impression.

On an extended stay, the cleaning staff should replace the schedule for the meals for the following month. Also, attention to some details such as replacing the popcorn or coffee would be nice. I didn't care much, but noted it took 4 days before that was restocked. Otherwise the cleaning staff was quite good.

I wasn't a big fan of the waffle batter (whole wheat, I think?), otherwise breakfast was good and the few evening meals I had, while basic, were good. I liked the yogurt/granola cups.

A lack of a channel guide or services guide in the room (that I could find) was annoying. The TV had it's glitches, but was fine overall. Newer RI's have connectivity to the TV for external devices. Not here.

There was some wear/aging apparent around the bathroom mirror and the toilet can plug very easily (from seeing the hotel service engineer with a plunger a number of times, it seems to be an issue).

I did have a USB battery pack go missing. I am *not* saying it was taken, but I never could find where it went (never took it out of the room). Might have ended up in the couch (forget to check cushins...)

The staff was very friendly, and helpful. Overall it was a nice stay.

I am currently staying at the Residence Inn in downtown Tampa and will follow-up witha review on that shortly (not at all as pleased with Downtown)...

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Michael F
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, 6 June 2013
Dear Michael F,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule and reviewing our hotel. It is great to hear the good (and the bad) comments about our property from one of our extended stay guest and seasoned traveler. We value your opinion and please rest assured that your comments will be used as a teaching moment at our Residence Inn. We would love for you to stay with us again if your travels keep you here in the Tampa Bay area. Please contact me with any questions you may have.

At your service,

813.877.7988
ri.tpaws.ops@Marriott.com
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

My family vacationed one night here, as we wanted to be close to some of the Tampa attractions. While the hotel is in a terrific location, I couldn't recommend this hotel to anyone. I will note that the hotel credited us bonus points on the card, but it wasn't enough to overcome our stay.

Upon check-in, even though it is noted that my preferences are for a high floor, refrigerator, allergy free pillows and away from an elevator, we were placed into a first floor location. Our reservation was made more than a month before our stay. After not being pleased at the proposed location, I made my way back to front lobby to speak with a manager. She eventually placed us next to an elevator on a higher floor. We brought up our suitcases and then headed out for the evening.

When the couch was unrolled it smelled like vomit. I called housekeeping and they came up to clean up the mess. I called to see if they had another room (the answer was no). They apologized, as the room now smelled like vomit and disinfectant. They somehow found a replacement couch but by not my stay was spoiled. The next morning they credited us for the stay and added bonus points. How could housekeeping have missed this? No quality control??

I will never stay at this location again.

Room Tip: Upper floor facing the mall - away from the pool and the elevator.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Owen A
Dear Owen A,

I am very disappointed to hear that was not at all what it should have been. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service as well as a very clean property.

We are typically very successful in accommodating our guest’s special requests however, on occasion and typically due to simply non availability, we fall short. I assure you that this is rare. Many times it comes down to trying to determine which requests are more important to the guest knowing that we cannot fill all of them. I am extremely sorry that we failed you in the cleanliness of your room. There is absolutely no excuse for this and hope that you view this as an isolated incident. This in no way reflects the cleanliness of our property as can been seen in the other TripAdvisor reviews.

I would love for you to give our property another chance so that we can show you the level of service and cleanliness we can and do provide on a daily basis. Please feel free to contact me at the information below.

813.877.7988