“Great value in a convenient location!”

Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport
Ranked #56 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Jamaica, New York
“Great value in a convenient location!”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We had everything we could ask for and more at this little gem of a hotel that was centrally located for the trip we made to Tampa for a family wedding. And free breakfast buffet each morning to boot!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TeamLeaderCAM
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Hello TeamLeaderCAM

Words/phrases I love to hear in a review about our hotel...1) Great Value 2) Everything and more 3) little gem of a hotel.

WOW! Thank you so much for your response.

Hope to see you at our hotel again in the future.

ri.tpaws.gm@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 December 2013

This place is in a great location. Number of restaurants in walking distance. Mall is across the street. Access to airport and multiple highways. Rooms are a good size and clean. The place is busy. It's not dirty but shows some wear and some age. Front desk staff always very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: Front desk staff is very helpful. There are a lot of regulars at this hotel so expect some limits a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank vincenzopwd

I am very proud of this hotel and my team and I am pleased that you had a positive experience. We really do try our best and I believe that the reviews found on tripadvisor, by individuals like yourself, show our level of commitment.

You will also be happy to learn that 4th quarter 2014 this hotel will be going through another renovation. I, as is my team, am very excited.

Thank you again for your time and your words.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Excellent location near the airport and a shopping mall - excellent dining experiences all around the mall area about 2-3 blocks away from hotel. Hotel is clean, staff was friendly and accommodating. As a bacon lover, I was disappointed that no bacon was served at breakfast during my 4-day stay. Must note that this is becoming common at many of the hotels where I have stayed in the past 4 months. Internet service was very good. Would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank UTCFan
Thank you UTCFan!

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. It is so easy for people to have a great experience and to keep it to themselves. However it takes effort and personal time to do what you did and I am very appreciative.

I wish you the best and look forward to having you back to our hotel the next time you are in Tampa.

GO MOCS!!

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 12 November 2013

We stayed here while attending a Monday Night Football game, primarily because it looked like a reputable hotel near the stadium. We were pleased on both counts. The only downside is that our room was over the building's AC unit and there was considerable noise (our room was 321). We had already unpacked by the time we discovered this and didn't feel it was worth requesting a move for one night. We had a studio suite which was well appointed. Full refrigerator, stovetop, dishes, comfy couch/chaise, well appointed desk, internet worked well. We were able to walk the couple miles to/from the hotel and stadium without any issue. Not at all scary and we had plenty of company on our walk (particularly as we got close to the stadium!), even at midnite. There are many restaurants in the area and the hotel has a complimentary light dinner. Free parking, hot breakfast with plenty of seating, complimentary newspaper and coffee. Front desk and housekeeping staff were very pleasant. We didn't use the pool or gym. Overall recommended, just wish we'd not had the AC noise.

Room Tip: Do not get rooms on the end/side where 321 is, due to AC noise.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank homemh
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear mhoder,

Thank you for trying our property and I am extremely happy it was so convenient for your trip to the football game. I am very sorry for the issue with the buildings A/C noise. This is not a common complaint or issue at our property so my chief engineer and I will be looking into it. Please rest assured that your satisfaction and comfort are a priority to us. Thank you again for the comments and we hope to see you in the near future.

At your service,

Charles Angeles
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Our suite was very spacious with a lounge and a kitchen area off, with a separate bedroom and en suite bathroom. The decor and furnishings were pleasing to the eye and very comfortable, and the kitchen had everything you could wish for. The staff were friendly and helpful and the buffet breakfast had variety and healthy choices. There is a swimming pool that catches the sun in the afternoons. Great location as within walking distance of International Mall and 4 very good restaurants. At $110 a night this is excellent value!

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank maxjenBrundall
Dear MaxjenBrundall,

I love that you had a wonderful experience during your stay and I sincerely appreciate the great comments about our property and staff. I will be sure to share them with the team at our next morning huddle. Our suites are very popular among travelers who stay for both business and pleasure. Residence Inn’s is constantly evaluating our complimentary hot breakfast buffet offerings to ensure that there are plenty of choices for all. We are looking forward to welcoming you back whenever your travels bring you to Tampa.

Erika Gomez
Washington, DC
Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is a larger Residence Inn with 8 floors, and with all the amenities you get with a Residence Inn. Room was standard one bedroom suite. Recommend getting the one bedroom over the studio. Gym facilities are good - treadmills, bike, weights. Breakfast is plentiful and there was no "breakfast seat wars" like some of the other Residence Inns. The front desk staff were very helpful. There is a Selmon's bbq/burger restaurant directly across and then a Flemings steakhouse next to Selmon's. Location for access to the airport is fine if driving. To downtown Tampa a bit of a drive and there is major roadwork into downtown Tampa and traffic is much worse (read horrible) at night and in the rain. The free highspeed internet is a bonus. Only 2 gripes - 1) the light on the balcony is annoying - can't be turned off and is bright and 2) the TV is in digital numbers but the remote is single digit. Free parking.

Room Tip: Upper floor, 2 bedroom or 1 bedroom.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Ralff
Dear Ralff,

I very much appreciate your detailed review and the posting of the great photos of our Residence Inn. I also appreciate the feedback about our room, breakfast, gym equipment and of course our Front Desk staff. Regarding our internet services, I do understand your frustration, but rest assured that we are working on it. In fact, we are currently in the process of upgrading our system. Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience and thank you, not only for choosing our hotel but for recommending it to others.

Erika Gomez
ri.tpaws.ops @marriott.com
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I took advantage of the senior discount at this clean, well-run hotel near International Plaza, the airport, and Raymond James Stadium. My room was actually a two-bedroom suite with full kitchen at the lowest rate. The breakfast was hot eggs and sausage, cold cereals, make-your-own waffles, yogurts, etc. very well-organized and kept supplied. My bathroom sink drained slowly, so I told the front desk and the next time I used it, the sink drained quickly. I could have walked to the stadium for the football game I came for, but there is an outside transportation company offering rides for $5.00! It's walking distance (100 - 200 yards) to lots of great restaurants like Eddie V's, Flemings, LeeRoy Selmon's, etc. I will stay here again and again on future Tampa visits.

Room Tip: I had a first floor room next to pool. I would choose farther from pool where some late-night partie...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank AustinDAP
Dear AustinDAP,

Thank you for the great review! I really appreciate you taking your time and giving us such great feedback about our property. We do our best to ensure a great stay for all of our guests and are definitely one of the most convenient properties for Bucs or USF football games. We look forward to your next visit.

Charles Angeles