“Nice suite”

Ranked #53 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Cumberland, Maryland, United States
“Nice suite”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

My wife, daughter and myself stayed here a night when we flew into tampa. Very nice suite with living room kitchen and bedroom. Room was clean. Also had a good continental breakfast. Would definitely stay here in the future. Nice thing is it's right next to airport.

Stayed August 2014
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank you Broadh2o for your review of our Residence Inn Tampa Westshore.

As you mentioned we have the benefit of being located very close to the airport without the problem of the noise. A perfect combination. We look forward to you and your family visiting us again and we will have our hot breakfast buffett ready for your enjoyment.

ri.tpaws.gm@marriott.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Estero, Florida
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed in a 2 br suite. Furniture and kitchen were a little tired, but everything was clean. I repeat clean (cant say the same for the other hotel I stayed at on this trip). There were 6 of us and used a blow up bed for the youngest in the group. Room is supposed to sleep 6, but unless 2 of the group are really young 5 is more realistic.

Staff was great, breakfast was just ok but it is free/included so it was good enough.

Mall across street provides a lot of dinner choices as well as Lee Roy Selmon's in the parking lot. Ordered pizza from West Shore Pizza one night and it was very good.

Construction across the street from the rear side of the hotel was very loud but started around 8am and was over by 5, so it really didn't bother us. If you plan to sleep in ask for a room on the mall side of the hotel.

If I need to be in this area again I will go out of my way to stay here again. If the kitchen and the furniture were newer would give 5 stars.

If I need to

Room Tip: Construction just getting started on lot at rear of hotel, ask for a room on the mall side if you pl...
Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rob F
Hello Rob F

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay at our Residence Inn Tampa Westshore. I am very sorry about the construciton noise and am happy to learn it was not too much of an issue during your stay. I am confident that the next time you stay with us the noise will be over as they have almost completed the supports for the foundation.

We look forward to your next visit.

Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I always try to book a room in Marriott's Residence Inn brand when I can. Appreciate the space and a quick bite in the morning. This was one of the worst Residence Inn properties I've stayed in yet. Dirty stairwells, paint chipping from front doors, dated bathrooms, dirty furniture in the breakfast area, poor parking, breakfast was bad...cold "turkey Canadian bacon", cold eggs, "fresh" pineapple and melon looked old as though its been frozen then thawed a few times. Room was clean an OK aside from dated bathrooms and kitchen appliances. Phone in second bedroom dead. Appears as though management not quite as detail oriented as most other Marriott property managers. Disappointing property in a very high profile area near airport, stadium, and Intl Mall! Booked for 6 nights. Cancelling remaining nights and moving to Hampton Inn.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
RIWestshoreGM, Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Mike L,

Thank you for your feedback after your recent stay with us at our property and please accept my sincerest apologies for not meeting your, and our, expectations. This is no way reflects our properties high standards of service and cleanliness required by Marriott and will be addressed immediately with our staff as we do share all guest feedback. We strive to provide the highest level of service to ensure guest satisfaction before a guest leaves our property. I would love if you gave our property another chance to show you the kind of cleanliness and service we can provide. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

At your service,

Charles A.
Operations Manager
ri.tpaws.ops@marriott.com
Frederick, Maryland
Reviewed 26 July 2014

I was so disappointed when front desk didn't care about my clothes being stolen out of their so call secure laundry. Things were going Okay until then. Had front desk acknowledge and showed concern I would have given this hotel a better review. When my clothes were taken out of the dryer I immediately called the front desk. She said she would look into it and call me back.... she didn't follow up as she stated... then she showed no concern when confronted. If she would have offered to take $25 dollars off our bill and/or at least apologized that would have been normal...But in no way would this have compensated for three Boss shirts, but as least it was offered. I will never stay at this location again. I would not recommend washing your clothes if YOU decide to stay. So disappointed in the front desk agent. What happen to I'm sorry for what happen. AND no I don't want your apology now.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tanya B
Hello Tanya B

It is always difficult when a guest leaves our hotel and is not satisfied with their stay. It is clear you are upset not just with the fact that your 3 Hugo Boss shirts went missing but more so how it was handled by my team. At this point there is no reason I could give that would not be viewed, by you, as an excuse. The lack of empathy displayed is simply wrong and for that I am sorry.

I am the General Manager of this hotel and I had the pleasure of being at the front desk when your husband and children checked out of my hotel. I spoke with your husband regarding his concerns. He informed me that 3 Hugo Boss shirts, valued at $400+, went missing from the laundry room. Mrs. Tanya B in the 5 years I have been General Manager of this hotel I have not had this happen. Unfortunately we simply are unable to monitor every area of the hotel all the time. It is unfortunate that there are people out there who are dishonest and clearly someone knew just how valuable your children’s shirts were and they chose to take advantage of the situation when your son left the laundry unattended. With only a few dryers on that floor people tend to get inpatient when they are waiting on a unit and the cycle has ended. I have even had a few guests, when the original user is absent, leave the clothes folded neatly on the table.

My team and I should have been more empathetic to your concerns however I support them in their decision to not offer compensation for the actions of another and not the neglect of our team. I know you do not want me to apologize now however I am sorry that this occurred to you and left you with a bad impression even though you enjoyed all other aspects of our hotel.

I sincerely hope that you can look past this incident and stay with us again the next time you are in the area. I will share this incident with my team and use it as a training energizer on empathy.

Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel, in july. Very convenience, close to the airport and to international plaza. Rooms are nice and clean, good breakfast. Cable has good variety, good parking. My family really enjoy this hotel, defenetely come back.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Hello Fred G

Thank you so very much for making our Residence Inn Tampa Westshore the hotel for you and your family. Everyone has a choice and I am happy we were yours. We look forward to you staying with us again.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We had a two bedroom suite. The queen beds were quite comfortable. The fold out bed is really not for adults but adequate for children. The bathrooms are your average bathrooms but dated. The pool was small. There is not enough parking spaces. If you return to the hotel after 9pm you will not find a parking space. There is a problem with their policy. I don't understand why Residence Inn has a problem with Military and AARP discounts. This is the second Residence Inn that I have experienced that will have some regular rooms at a Military or AARP discount and I mean some. Every time I called or when I checked in and asked I was told "I am sorry we do not have any rooms available for Military or AARP discount. They have discounts for all rooms with Triple A and found they were always available. They do not offer any discounts for Military or AARP for their two bedroom Suites.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Hello JYDV

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments and concerns. I can promise you that this will be shared with my team as we share all guest comments each and every week. I believe that if our guests can take the time to comment on our hotel than we can certainly take the time to share their experiences and to learn from them.

Our Two Bedrooms Suites are very spacious and we have been complemented on the comfort of our beds many times. In addition the full sized sleeper sofa has been a benefit to many families with small children. I do agree that parking can be a challenge at times and I am very sorry that this presented a problem for you during your stay.

In regards to your comments on our government and AARP rates please allow me to offer you some additional information which may change your mind. Government business is this hotels bread and butter. As I am typing this reply we have 112 rooms occupied of my 160 suite Residence Inn. Out of the 112 occupied suites 57 guests are here under the Federal Government per diem. This is just over 50%. This is almost the case every day of the week. The fact is we have such a great relationship with MacDill AFB and surrounding agencies that we could fill this hotel up at the government rate. However we do have to cut it off at some point as to allow others to stay with us that do not qualify for this discount. Although you are correct that we do not offer the government rate on our two bedroom suites this does not mean we never extend it to our government guests. We are an extended stay hotel which means that we cater more to long term guests. On many occasions we have government personnel staying with us for many weeks or months. Sometimes they bring their families and when we are able to accommodate them we offer the two bedrooms suites at the government per diem rate. We LOVE and RESPECT all of the men and women that serve this country and I assure you that we have no "policy" which would reflect otherwise.

In addition Marriott hotels replaced the AARP discount with their own Marriott Senior Discount back in 2003. This is based on availability, just like AAA, and offers 15% off weekday and weekend rates. Unlike AARP you do not need to be a member, which costs a fee. You simply need to show us a valid driver’s license showing you are at least 62 years of age or older.

I certainly hope this has shed some light on two of our programs and that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Tampa.

Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here several times on business, and as always a great stay. The staff is friendly, rooms are very well kept and cleaned, and it's located near some great restaurants and shopping. My only concern was the very limited parking area, but not a major deal breaker. Great hotel!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank trvlDoc1
RIWestshoreGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
trvlDoc1 -

It has been a pleasure having you stay with us on several occasions and we look forward to having you stay with our Residence Inn Tampa Westshore on many more. I know parking can be a challenge, at times, and appreciated your patience and understanding.