“Great hotel on the way to the airport !”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa Westshore Airport
Ranked #65 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Dublin, Ireland
“Great hotel on the way to the airport !”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Awesome hotel for one or two nights, even longer if you wish, the location is good for shoppig and dinning. Great service and shuttle to the airport l, nice people clean and fully equipped ! Very quiet and great quality sleep, nice comfy new beds !

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Melbourne, FL
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Went to an event in St. Petersburg, but all the St. Pete hotels were booked. I'd stayed at this hotel before and it was close enough for our needs.

This hotel is great. Great location, easy access to the Interstate. Clean rooms and great breakfast.

I didn't think it was a great value though. A little more pricey than it should be.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Customer service are rude and really bad. Please stay somewhere else if you want to be treated with respect and dignity. The manager was no help either. Basically, the room key did not work and I was stuck outside my room, tired, and sleep-deprived. Missed important phone calls because my phone was locked in my room. Ruined my weekend. Without a single apology or care.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Donna R
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 3 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed here before going on a cruise out of the port of Tampa. They had a free airport shuttle that picked us up quickly after we called. The hotel was clean and well kept. The breakfast was good. My only suggestion for improvement is to put ketchup and salt and pepper on every table. Sharing one bottle and one set of salt and pepper shakers for the whole room is a bit ridiculous.
The hotel is right around the corner from a big mall. Great if you forgot something. They have a shuttle to the port that was only twenty total for our group of four. We will stay here again for sure if we cruise out of Tampa

• Stayed January 2013
Newtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I must admit that I was a little reluctant to book here, but was pleased with the room and the accomodations. The room was very clean, included two double beds, two TVs, sitting area, and a small area with refrigerator and microwave. Bathroom and shower were very nice. The room was more quiet than expected, being so close to the airport. The breakfast was adequate; mostly continental items. We were there on a Saturday morning and it was VERY crowded. Seemed to be a combination of cruise ship passengers and those in for Gasparilla. It was a bit further from downtown area than I would have liked (traffic in Tampa can be bad) but I also liked the self park at no charge. I would definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stay here often for various reasons. It is close to downtown Tampa when I have to work a couple of days in a row and don't want to do the commute. The breakfast is very good and included as compared to the nearby Courtyard which requires you to pay for it. The rooms are a studio setup with a microwave and little fridge. I would rather have that set up and have my dinner delivered from local restaurants or microwaving a meal while keeping my drinks cold. I enjoy watching the TV from the sofa. The only drawback is the price increases during "season". But, it happens in most hotels in the Tampa area anyways.

Room Tip: The most quiet rooms are on the back, east side.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 10 January 2013 via mobile

My family was impressed with the rooms here ....my dad couldn't believe we had a room with two TVs -lol ...the rooms are very clean and spacious we had 4 people and didn't feel cramped at all ...Tampa entertainment is just a short distance - we accomplished all we wanted in our short weekend. Breakfast was delicious - the staff was there if anything was needed.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank SJNoodles
Travellers also viewed these Tampa hotels
Hampton Inn Tampa International Airport / Westshore
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport
Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore
Residence Inn Tampa Westshore/Airport
TownePlace Suites Tampa Westshore/Airport
Homewood Suites Tampa Airport - Westshore

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa Westshore Airport? Share your experiences!