SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa Westshore Airport
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscypress pointguest laundryfree breakfastbreakfast selectioncruise portyogurtroom was spaciousclean hoteloutdoor poolbreakfast was excellentparking lotfridge and microwaveup to datestayed here for one nightthe breakfast areaminute drivecoffee maker
Reviewed 13 May 2014

The hotel is in an ok location. Near a Starbucks and restaurants, but also near strip clubs.

The shuttle bus is a total disaster. Beat up and feels unsafe. Nice driver, though.

Internet at this hotel is terrible. Cannot send an email attachment. For those who know internet, the download is .6, the upload .19. Terrible.

Management was unhelpful per the internet and could not solve the issue.

Try other hotels in the area and use this as a last resort of acceptable lodging.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Shawn S, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Tampa Westshore Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Thank you for you candid comments about our hotel. I'm very sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your stay with us. I'm new to the location and would love an opportunity to make it right. Please feel free to contact me so that I can make the situation right. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Stayed here for two nights during a conference and was extremely disappointed. The room was overall clean, but it was dark and dated. It also seemed oddly claustrophobic. I was just glad that I literally only was in my room to sleep. Breakfast was a disappointment as well. The parking lot became full very quickly at night - this was during the week. Had to park behind the hotel and did not feel exceptionally safe walking to the hotel.

Would not stay here again. I'm sure there are better properties nearby. Not what I expect from Marriott, especially for the price that I paid.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

I'm very sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us. I would like an opportunity to make this situation right. Please feel free to contact me to correct this. I appreciate your candid comments about your stay. They will only help us to improve our location.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed here before an early morning flight. Got a sixth floor room at the end of the hall overlooking the pool -- quiet and spacious, with almost no noise. Good bedding and towels, and nice bath products. Couch was functional, but not overly comfortable to read on for any length of time. Kitchenette was functional. Oddly, a full-length mirror was in the bathroom foyer, directly across from the bed - suppose some folks might like that. The carpet and floors were clean, but some of the other furniture like the decorative credenza hadn't been dusted for a while. Didn't get to sample breakfast, but coffee was available in the room and the lobby. The 5:30 am shuttle picked me up exactly on time and had me to the airport 10 minutes later. I'd definitely consider this hotel again for an extended stay or an overnight.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JEM196204

Thank you for staying at our hotel before your early morning flight. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you during future visits to the Tampa area.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Myself, my fiancé and our 45+ wedding guests stayed at this hotel prior to our December 2013 cruise wedding. I did a lot of research, looking for a hotel that was moderately priced, clean and conveniently close to the airport, cruise port and shopping. The Springhill Suites provided all of the above.

We were able to secure a group rate for our guests. The reservation staff were helpful and always prompt at returning phone calls. We also wanted to have a dinner for our guests prior to the cruise. We looked at several restaurants in the area, but ultimately decided to host the dinner in one of the hotel's 3 event spaces. Reserving the space was easy and cost $100. The staff was helpful and flexible. They provided everything that I needed, and our guests had a great time. The catering company they recommended provided a delicious meal.

I have seen some complaints about the worn conditions of the rooms. Although the furniture decently appeared to be well broken in, the rooms were clean and spacious. In addition, the common areas of the hotel were always emmaculate. I would to hesitate to stay at this hotel again. I thank the staff for their hospitality. Their efforts made the kick-off to our big day an enjoyable time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Family of 5 traveling to cruise port. Location convenient to cruise port, airport and expressway. Breakfast Buffett included. Room provided 2 queen beds and sofa bed but layout seemed crowded. Dated decor but clean. Bathroom good because shower and toilet in separate area from sink and mirror facilitated family use. Free parking. Safe area.

Room Tip: Choose high floor for most sunlight. It is a 6 floor bldg.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family