Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
Sailport Waterfront Suites(Tampa)
US$179
US$174
2,997 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeconvention centerjoyce williamschampions sports barbalcony roomwater viewamalie arenabeautiful hotelvalet parkingthe river walklobby barybor citycity viewhockey gamerooftop pooltrolley stophigh floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this property just before Thanksgiving. It was very easy to get to and upon arrival (we were exhausted having driven 12 hours) we were greeted immediately, asked if we needed help with our bags and our car was whisked away to valet parking. The clerk at the desk was very quick and professional and gave us a balcony room and free internet. (Nice) The property is lovely and peaceful. The room is spacious, clean and updated. The common areas are open and airy, there is a great lobby bar (try the lemon drop) and a couple of restaurants that are nice. Go out the back and you will be on the water facing boats and there is plenty of room to take in the sites, day or night. They even have fire pits to keep you warm and add to a romantic setting. If you like, you can walk a few blocks and find additional restaurants to include Hooters, Cold Stone Ice Cream and everything in between. A short drive away and you will be in the heart of Ybor City (a must see, eat at Columbia!) I would stay there again in a heartbeat and as a travel agent, I would recommend to my clients.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We just had an enjoyable stay at the Marriott Waterside in Tampa. Carl Fuller, Jr. did a tremendous job taking care of us and making us feel at home. Location is excellent and the weather was super. We highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the marina.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I travel to this hotel frequently and can't say enough good things about it! The rooms are great - always clean and comfortable. The lobby/bar area are especially nice and relaxing. I love the location on the Bay but close to downtown and the convention center; great ambiance and convenience. Above all, great service every time! Everyone I encounter from the time I pull into the valet, to the time I leave is friendly and goes out of their way to be welcoming and friendly. Mo, Rick, Jacob and everyone at the front desk are helpful and polite. Carl in concierge lounge goes out of his way to make your lounge experience superb. I wish I could have the same experience at every hotel!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I'm a frequent global business traveler and this is one of my favorite hotels in the world. The staff is clearly proud of their hotel and seem delighted to serve. From Carlos at the valet stand to "Mo" a front desk supervisor, and Carla at the Starbucks stand, I find them polite, responsive, friendly and upbeat. The hotel is in an excellent location. On the bay and walking distance to downtown, several restaurants, the convention center and the Tampa Bay Times forum (hockey and concerts). This is a superb relaxation spot at the end of a long business day. The outdoor patio overlooks the bay and a small marina, has outdoor TVs for sports and fireplaces for cool evenings. The concierge lounge on the 24th floor has spectacular views and indoor/outdoor seating. The lounge attendants are helpful and polite. Truly a gem of a place.

Room Tip: The rooms on either side overlook the water, though south facing rooms are the best. If you can get an upgrade, try for a suite on the south east corner.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2013

I expect more from a Marriott but this location does not deliver. It is a very good location, right by downtown and where the cruise ships come in. However, the wifi was extremely slow and you had to pay for it. I complained at the front desk but they were rude and told me to pay extra for high speed wifi. The Champions restaurant was awful with poor service and under/over cooked food. Very disappointing. I won't be back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business