Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
US$198
US$167
US$156
SailportSuites.com
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$178
US$113
Doubletree.com
US$159
3,014 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeconvention centerjoyce williamschampions sports barbalcony roomwater viewamalie arenabeautiful hotelvalet parkingthe river walklobby barybor citycity viewhockey gamerooftop pooltrolley stophigh floor
Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is situated near the Port of Tampa (Carnival Cruise Line sails out of here) and Tampa General Hospital. It is also steps away from the convention center. A group of 3 of us stayed here during Gasparilla Race weekend with attendance at all the races at 30,000; with that said this hotel never seemed crowded. It had its good points and bad. It has a beautiful lobby/bar area and a fantastic patio facing the water with comfortable high top tables and patio seating with big screen TV's, and great fireplaces. We had great weather and could have sat on the patio all night long. Two restaurants. We only ate at Champions with your usual bar food/beverages and average prices.

This hotel has a rooftop pool area that is just fantastic! Great pool, view, hot tub, bar area and a pool attendant that would set up your chairs and get you your towels; great service. The poolside loungers are in need of replacement as they are looking pretty worn.

The rooms were nicely decorated but you only had a choice of 1 king or 2 doubles; double beds are a bit small if you are sharing the bed with another adult in my opinion. We were offered to upgrade to a water view room for an additional 25.00 per night and we took it; ended up on the 25th floor with a beautiful view.

We were within walking distance to Channelside (although this area has gone down hill and doesn't offer nearly the number of restaurants as it used to), and a trolley that you can get on for 5.00 per day.

My only complaints about this hotel: We asked for a wake up call and never got it. Our room was made up but the comforter to one of the beds was left in the corner in a crumpled up pile and the parking fee is way too high. We were already paying upwards of 200.00 per night for this hotel, the 25.00 per day (plus tax) to valet park is ridiculous; we will definitely find another place to park next visit. If you want internet access you have to pay 9.99 per day.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a water view room - well worth it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This was our second trip to the Tampa Mariott Waterside--a business-related trip for my husband. The best thing about this hotel is the spacious, comfortable common areas which includes an outdoor bar/dining area that is right on the waterway. There is also a great rooftop pool with plenty of poolside space for enjoying the sun. The rooms are typical convention hotel rooms that are adequate on space, clean but definitely not glamorous or memorable. But the views from the water-view rooms are amazing and every day we could watch the boat traffic including large cruise ships coming in and out. Service was a definite plus and I would like to mention one person who made this more than a "convention hotel" and that was Joyce in the concierge lounge. She definitely made evening cocktails and appetizers special with her smile and gracious service. Can't beat the location for proximity to the convention center and being able to enjoy the Tampa River Walk, which is right at the Mariott's doorstep, is a definite advantage.

Room Tip: Request water view room
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My group had a conference here and I brought my wife for a winter get away. The property is situated by sports areas and the conference center on the water. Very clean and professional, friendly staff. Used valet parking for my rental car and they did a great job. Fast and courteous valets. Check in was great, again friendly and helpful staff. We were on the 15th floor. The room was spacious and very clean. The only complaint would be the mattress had a plash pad top separate from the mattress that moved around and was a little irritating. That is minor though. My wife used the spa and enjoyed the pedicure and massage. It was great because it gave her something to do while I was in meetings. She enjoyed the pool area and waterfront bar area with outdoor seating. It was very comfortable and semi-private for relaxing. The facility had good meeting rooms and layout for the conference. The sports bar and restaurant were good. We ate off property mainly though. Overall it was a very clean facility with friendly helpful staff. I would recommend for a getaway or business meeting spot.

Room Tip: The Riverwalk area is easy to navigate and there is a lot around the area. Get out and explore. There is a Publix across the water with easy access to pickup anything extra or some less expensive beverages...
Reviewed 22 February 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a conference in November. It's a popular conference location, so more business, but this hotels decor was more tasteful than some more chic competitors in the area.

The staff were warm, friendly and very efficient.

What wasn't so great: the rooms had a lot of noise, due to thin walls.

One of my mattresses was significantly more uncomfortable than the other. One was great, the other, mildly painful.

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My wife, One year old daughter, and I went to Tampa on a business trip (NCTC WEC 2014) this past week. My conference was located at the Marriott Waterside hotel, and it was quite enjoyable. The rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the staff was very friendly during our stay. The conference rooms were nice and large, as well was the lobby.

The hotel was located on a "riverwalk", which provided a nice stroll at night. While the Valet parking did cost $24 a night, it was nice to be able to drop off our vehicle and not have to worry about the hassle of parking across the street.

As far as the 5th star, I refuse to rate anything perfect unless I'm absolutely positive it deserves it. What kept this hotel from being a five star hotel was the fact that Marriott hotels do not provide free internet in the hotel rooms. I guess I'm spoiled working for an ISP (hence the conference), however in this day and age I would think Internet access is a must throughout the hotel, not just the lobby.

The restaurants attached to the hotel were excellent, and I'll post seperate reviews on them later.

Overall, we had a great trip, and a great experinece at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and Marina!

Room Tip: Our room was located on the Tampa Bay Times Forum side which provided a great view of the arena and Port.