Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
US$174
  • Breakfast included
US$113
Doubletree.com
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay(Tampa)
US$185
HIExpress.com
US$167
US$159
3,013 results
All reviewsthe concierge loungeconvention centerjoyce williamschampions sports barbalcony roomwater viewamalie arenabeautiful hotelvalet parkingthe river walklobby barybor citycity viewhockey gamerooftop pooltrolley stophigh floor
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My husband and I enjoyed this place very much, I surly recommend it to others. There are a lot to do around the hotel and you can walk because it isn't too far. Inside the hotel there are good and fun activities as well. Our visit was back in 2012

Room Tip: Waterside views are awesome. City views are nice too.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Spacious lobby is comfortable, not stuffy. Nice bar inside and seating outside on the waterfront. Our suite was comfortable and quite large, with balconies complete with tables and chairs. There is no door between bedroom and sink/vanity area of bathroom. Tub/toilet area could use a little attention to detail... cracked caulk, debris in corners, etc. But overall, a comfortable and clean room. Staff was helpful and efficient. Our only on-site meal was in the sports bar which had average food, but was a great place to watch the winter Olympics. The trolley stop just across the street makes it easy to get to the Ybor City area of town -- just check the schedule online or ask the concierge. The riverfront park is a nice walking/jogging area just outside the hotel. 10 minute walk to Channelside and Florida Aquarium.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We recently had a wonderful stay at Marriott Waterside Hotel in Tampa recently. This was the 3rd or 4th time I have stayed there, and would definitely return again. I cannot say enough about the great service I received from all of the staff I encountered at the hotel. The “At Your Service” line on the phone was great, and they were always prompt to assist with any requested I had – including changing my room.

The room and bathroom were impeccably clean, as always. The housekeeper left a handwritten note, which was a nice touch. When I had the privacy sign up during cleaning hours, I received a small card under my door notifying me that they attempted service, and I could contact them if I needed service or supplies later in the day – that was a great touch, which I have never found at any other hotel (in fact, at other hotels staff seems “put out” when I have requested towels, etc., so this was very much appreciated).

Location, location, location! This hotel is in the heart of downtown, literally across the street from the convention center, and the trolley stops right out front for a quick ride to Channelside or Ybor City. The parking is expensive, but comparable to other hotels downtown. I’ve seen other reviewer recommend parking yourself in a public lot across the street, but have not tried it yet.

I used the room service and enjoyed a shrimp and pasta dinner, for about $26 – pricy, but average for room service. The meal was delicious, portion was large, and included a basket of 4 rolls (although not noted in the menu). If you’re looking for a lower cost meal you can walk downstairs and pick something up yourself from Champions, and even get it “to go” and take it back to your room.

This was the first hotel I have found to offer liquid hand soap for in-room use, which reflected their attention to detail. It seems like a simple (logical) idea, but strangely most hotels still offer the mini bars of soap.

The hotel does not include breakfast, but if you are a member you may be able to enjoy the concierge lounge which offers a light breakfast (pastries, bagels, fresh fruit, cereal, eggs, juice, coffee). This was a great perk, and the lounge included comfortable seating inside and a small balcony to eat outside.

The lobby offers free Wi-Fi and an abundance of seating to work, socialize or browse the web. There are even small areas with tables, booth-type seats and several plugs to charge your gadgets while sitting in the lobby. There is also a lobby bar, pool bar/restaurant, and restaurant in the back of the first floor, in addition to the Champions sports bar/restaurant in the front of the lobby. You can take the trolley to other local restaurants, or even try the one in the lobby of the hotel across the street.

The bedding in the rooms was unbelievably comfortable, and included plenty of pillows. The bedding is reason enough to stay there! I would suggest that you request a room with a balcony, so you can enjoy the water or city views and Tampa weather – it’s worth the extra money.

Cons (minor)/Areas for Improvement:

The rooms include a wine cooler, but no refrigerator. The wine cooler only goes down to 50 degrees, so you cannot store any food inside. It does keep water and cans of soda relatively cool, however I think most guests nowadays expect a refrigerator in their rooms (and would utilize it much more than a wine cooler).

The hotel used to provide complementary Bath & Body Works products in the rooms, but have switched to a different brand. The new one is fine, but the BBW was much better.

The sliding doors to the balconies are VERY difficult to open. I had to use 2 hands and it was still difficult to maneuver. If you are in a wheelchair, be aware that the sliding door includes a high bottom, which you could not slide over with a wheelchair – even in the disabled rooms.
They had a towel rack inside the shower, which took up unnecessary shower space, and caused the towels there to get wet. There was plenty of room in the bathroom, and they should have moved the rack elsewhere.

I highly recommend this hotel – especially for those attending something at the convention center across the street, or planning on spending time at the hotel relaxing or working over their visit. As I said before, the amazingly comfortable beds are reason enough to stay. The nightly rates are high (which is why I only gave 4 stars for value), but given the location and amenities it is understandable. If you are concerned about the cost and will only be using the hotel to sleep and not enjoying the amenities offered, you might want to opt for a less expensive hotel in the area (especially if you do not qualify for the free breakfast in the concierge lounge).

We did not utilize or ask about any kids activities, so to be fair I gave it a fully 5 stars.They have a great pool, but I do not know what they offer for children.

Room Tip: I would recommend that you ensure you do not receive a room near the exterior air conditioner. I was given a nice corner room, but it was right next to the exterior AC unit and there was no way I could have slept through it (or even watch TV).
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Carl Fuller, Jr. was a great host! He was proactive in working with the many visitors and had a nice comment for everyone.The lounge itself was quite nice with a great view of the city. The food at breakfast was Marriott standard, that is to say very good with a wide variety of choices. We are big fans of the chain and have been very happy with the Marriotts and JW Marriotts we've stayed at.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel for our vacation in Tampa. Great location and great comfort. Staff was professional, helpful and friendly. The lobby, restaurant and bar where very spacious. The valet was fast and easy. A 10 minute prior phone call and the car was always ready. Our room was on the 26 floor w/water views and where you could see for miles and miles. The gentleman in the breakfast lounge was friendly and always replenished the food and kept the lounge neat and clean. We would certainly return to this hotel when in Tampa.

Room Tip: This was our first visit to this hotel but the high floor, river view we had was fantastic! Not one complaint.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple