“Everything's great except the WiFi”

Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
Ranked #17 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 March 2014

My husband and I stayed here March 9-13 so he could attend a business show in the Convention Center.
We opted for a water-view room with a balcony instead of the normal convention room and we are so glad we did. The room was awesome with a great view. Everything about this hotel is great except you have to pay $10/day for WiFi which is terrible. I could get on early in the morning but after that, forget it for the room. If you went down to the lobby it worked much better. Don't know why a convention hotel still charges for Internet?
My husband joined me for lunch on 2 days and we ate by the pool bar. The bartender is Jack and he is very friendly and helpful. The food we had was very good and worth the price.
The front desk staff and housekeeping are also very good. We only called once for something but it was brought right up to us.
The only negative thing I could say about the room, other then the WiFi, is there is no fan in the bathroom.
Also there is no refrigerator but you don't get those everywhere anyway.
Just FYI - there is a Publix supermarket about a half-mile away over the Platt St. bridge if you want to get some snacks, wine or beer and don't want to pay the high prices the hotel market charges.
Don't know if we will get back to Tampa but we would definitely stay here again if we do.

Room Tip: Get a water-view room with a balcony on a high floor - it's worth it!
1  Thank retired605
Write a ReviewReviews (2,885)

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've hosted events at this hotel and over the last year, I've stayed here for a total of about 60+ days. I can honestly say that the Concierge Lounge has been amazing to go to each morning and evening. It's nice to see the same people every time I stay. Carl is a perfect example of how he treats his long-time guests. Thank you for making my stays amazing. I will always choose Marriott Waterside Hotel as my first choice each time I return to Tampa!

Room Tip: The Best view is to request a water or pool view!
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

I have to say the best part of my stay was the service I received from the concierge Carl. I had to ask his last name (Fuller), because he took such great care of me due to my allergies. He made sure I had what food I could eat everyday I was there. Not only did he service me with great care, but everyone that walk through the door. I never had such great service as that in any concierge lounge. So kind, thoughtful an attentive to the guests. Thanks, Maryann room 2709.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

we had a great stay this hotel. the staff was supurb in every way.. helpful and and responsive to any and all requests. and they have an excellent concierge lounge, morings were well organized and the evening was even better... especially want to add a shout out to joyce williams for her wonderful service and help!
Well Done, Thanks.

Room Tip: the end balconies are great!
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Clean and comfortable, up to date, nice views, very friendly and helpful staff... I'd definitely stay again, but next time for longer than just one night.
Be prepared to double tip the bell staff as the team at the door helping remove your item from the car are different from the team inside that help you get to your room- the service was worth it.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Susan Collins provided excellent massage therapy service at Spa in Tampa Marriot Waterside.

I highly recommend scheduling appointment for Deep Tissue Massage service.

Overall the Tampa Marriot Waterside is a convenient locaton and beautiful property to stay when you visit Tampa, FLA.

Cheers!!

- JOHNNY RED PETERS

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank JRED718
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The hotel was outstanding. The staff was very friendly . A little costly to pay for parking, thought it should have been included in the price. Most things were within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends