“Stay in Tampa”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, Minnesota
“Stay in Tampa”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Had some business in March and stayed at the Waterside. Stay and staff was enjoyable and mostly relaxing. One disappointment is that the locals seem to treat the pool area as their own. Having stayed here before, we've always felt that with what we've paid for the stay and amenities should provide us some relaxing down time when not working. The staff, especially Brian Eichler stood out as a big asset for the Marriott. He definitely took care of us above most levels we've encountered in our travels. Cudos to you Brian. Another staffer that made our trip was Bruce at the pool. He made the stay outside enjoyable through the chaos that sometimes we encountered there.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (859)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Rancho Murieta, California
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I spent 9 days at the Marriott Waterside to attend two conventions that happened to fall back to back. The property is very nice with views of the Marina and Tampa Bay. Front desk staff was very efficient and accommodating. Peter was helpful in helping figure out that my problem signing into the WiFi was due to my keyboard app adding a space behind my room number and last name, so it didn't match the hotel's record. Erika was my housekeeper and she was also very efficient and accommodating of my schedule in cleaning my room. In the Waterside Grill, I was served by Lynn on the second day of my stay. Every time I came in, she would greet me with a smile and say hello, by name. Nice touch.

Carl Fuller was the morning attendant in the Concierge Lounge most of the mornings I had breakfast there. He was efficient, but the hotel should have given him some back up. My second meeting was attended by many frequent travelers so there were a ton of elite members who overwhelmed the lounge on some mornings.

Overall the staff made a long stay very enjoyable!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Marina on a high floor.
Green Features: From my window I could see the hotel's herb garden which has its own water collection system.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
New Haven, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Carl runs the Lounge like a five star restaurant. Professional and attentive to every detail.

The selection and service have made my long trip quite pleasant and comfortable.

As a platinum member I get to experience a wide variety of Marriotts and this hotel delivers.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 April 2014

If you are planning a trip to Tampa the Marriott Waterside is a great choice. The customer service is excellent - which isn't always the case with Marriott. The concierge lounge has a nice view and atmosphere - and even though the food selection could be improved, the service provided by the morning host - Carl Fuller - was outstanding.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 3 April 2014

I am a meeting planner staying here for a conference at the convention center along with 4 other staff members and 10 of our presenters. I received good service at check in and the room was what I would expect in a typical hotel room. One of the staff members (a Platinum Elite Member) in our group had to change rooms twice due to both of her rooms having leaks and the carpets were soaked before they finally put her in a handicap room. She had a lot of our program materials with her and thankfully nothing was ruined. In my room, housekeeping never cleaned my room even though I was gone all day. After calling guest services, I was asked if I had my "Do Not Disturb" sign up which I did until about 11:30AM and was told even though housekeeping services are done through 4:00PM she must have been done with my floor and never came back to check to see if the sign was down. With us having our VIP presenters staying here, this would have been a disaster had any of these issues happened to them.

Marriott is usually my hotel of choice as I need to travel for most of my work and I have never had an issue such as this or even heard of housekeeping that does not recheck rooms before leaving. Again, the staff was nice, but this was not what I expected with standards Marriott usually sets in their hotels.

Room Tip: Try and get a room that has an odd number as these are waterfront rooms and you can see all the boat...
1 Thank Samantha H
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for your stay at the Tampa Marriott Waterside and for your posting on Trip Advisor. Please accept my apologies for our inability meet your housekeeping expectations and certainly for any disservice your colleagues may have experienced due to the room relocation. Your feedback has been shared with hotel leadership and I welcome any additional feedback, bill.heitzig@marriott.com. Thank you for your business.
Portsmouth, Ohio
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Each February we vacation with a charter group of 2,500 in support of the James Cancer Center at The Ohio State University. For 3 days it is "Buckeye Nation" at the Marriott Waterside. The entire staff makes all of us feel very welcome and assist us with any of our needs. Pool side the food and beverage crew handled the large, happy and loud group. Thank you to Assistant Restaurant Manager, Brianna L. Muniz and Julie for going the extra mile and being a great representative for Marriott Waterside...Great Job ladies!!! Looking forward to next year!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I was at this location for the 2014 New York Yankees Luncheon , and I just wanted to give the security staff some much deserved recognition. It was a very crazy situation with people lined up almost 24 hrs before the event even started! Everything was handled in a very efficient and respectful manner for both the guests of the hotel and those just there for the Lunch. Special props to "Sully", Wyatt, Dorothy, and I believe Ilene was the other security personnel for an outstanding job !

• Stayed March 2014