“Love this place”

Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
Ranked #18 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

A group of us stay here for Gasparilla and other events that happen nearby a few times a year. The staff always take great care of us and it's always a fantastic time! Even though we live in Tampa it's like being out of town! Beautiful hotel! Neal is one of the managers and he always goes above and beyond whether were on the dock, in our rooms, or in the bars and restaurants! He's fantastic!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,918)

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is our organizations second annual conference to be hosted at this location. An excellent venue for your corporate event! The staff was professional and the facilities were wonderful. Location is fantastic with easy access to the streetcar and riverwalk

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 May 2014

A very nice hotel with a professional and friendly staff at all levels. I always enjoy a hotel with a great view of the marina and city at night. The hotel location is within walking distance the river walk or the Florida aquarium. If it's too hot out take the trolley which is also across the street to catch to YBOR or other nearby attractions.Traffic was light around the facility due to no event at the Times Forum which is directly across from the hotel. So it was quiet since our room was located on the 22 floor and on the front side city view of the hotel. Visited the pool and was happy to see a whirlpool available and a outdoor cabana to sip a tropical drink while floating like a manatee in the pool. Ventured out on foot to explore around. Found a hut like bar open at night playing great reggae music on a jukebox and sports TV's galore. All outdoor seating and located between the hotel and Tampa Convention center. If you find the LARGE metal whimsical angler fish sculpture out front then you are there. Tampa Marriott has a lot to offer inside as well as outside to make your trip or visit comfortable.We Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I would recommend upgrading to a marina view if possible on a high upper level.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donovan D
Reviewed 30 May 2014

A beautiful hotel, with fantastic service. Carl in the Concierge Lounge was particularly pleasant. The facilities are wonderful - there's a large lap pool overlooking the bay, and the lobby is a great place to sit for a moment or have some drinks. The sports bar in the lobby, Champions, is pretty good too.

Room Tip: Ask for a bay view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SSH11111
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

It's was awesome and I loved the concierge lounge, Carl Fulter, Jr. Did a great job helping out! I love the views of the hotel and the staff has just been excellent. I would recommend and come stay again on my next birthday trip.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lyndsey S
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Note to self when staying at a Marriott ALWAYS TELL THEM ABOUT ALLERGIES TO DOWN! Not an issue to have pillows and comforter removed but unfortunately residue and dust is left behind on the sheets. Love the bedding though and is just as nice without feathers. Room is clean, spacious and comfortable.

Room Tip: All down bedding. If you're allergic let them know before you arrive.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed a week at the Marriott Waterside for a business conference where I was involved in executing two demanding events. I was highly impressed by the professionalism of the hotel staff and management throughout the property and their friendly, supportive service.

I had a corner room that overlooked the pool which allowed me to store special items brought in for my events without feeling too cramped. The bed was very comfortable and the room was well appointed with generous closet space and shelving. It was a room designed for a handicapped person but I was offered it for the view and spaciousness with the caveat that the shower was a walk-in, but that was fine with me.

I love the light and palm tree atmosphere in the lobby and the view overlooking the bay. The lobby bar is a great place to catch a cocktail and network with colleagues.

I often took breakfast in the Concierge Lounge where Carl Fuller, Jr. was on hand to greet you each morning and make sure all the guests dining needs were attended to. I was really impressed by his powers of observation and attentiveness, making sure to be right there on the spot if a guest needed assistance with the toaster oven or any other item in the breakfast buffet.

Manja coordinated all the event services for me with attention given to all the details that made the events successful. My second event was a black and white art deco themed party that involved a lot of details including custom catering. Manja was always willing to go---and did time and again go--- the extra mile to make everything go smoothly and made me feel confident that everything was well taken care of. The décor was handled through the hotel by Florida Destinations by Gina and Heather and I couldn’t have asked for more enthusiastic support and genuine caring that I was happy with the results.

Both Caesar the catering manager and Howie the beverage manager made a point of introducing themselves and reviewing details before the event and checking in to make sure everything was going according to plan and whether I needed anything. Even after the event when everyone is tired and trying to get everything packed up, bartender Danny Kohn made a point of checking on me and asking if there was anything he could get me. When I replied I had wanted to try one of the specialty black water beverages, he made a long trek across the hotel to go retrieve one for me. Gina made me a special box lined with plastic and cups so I could take the flower arrangements with me. It is a mark of a truly excellent service team when people attend to their clients after the event. Really a first class events organization!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business