“Leaving with a great taste in my mouth”

Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
Ranked #18 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I must say that I have had the best hotel food ...hands down... at the Tampa Marriott Waterside property. The service provided by staff is worthy of awards. I dined at the Waterside Grill and Champions Sports Bar. My first meal took place at the Waterside Grill. The server suggested I try the blackened Mahi Mahi as a soft taco. I did and it was exceptional - I knew the PRSA conference I was attending was going to be a success because the first meal hit a home run. I am a room service junky and have experienced some pretty bad food. But When I uncovered the STL style ribs and that sweet/spicy BBQ sauce aroma wafted through my sinuses, my tummy did a happy dance. I just finished lunch ... choosing clam chowder and mojito grilled shrimp... let me tell ya emm emm good! the claim chowder was better than the chowder I raved about in Boston! The chefs on this property are Killing IT! I hope this Marriott property keeps the culinary team cause they are the best.

Room Tip: Just steps from the hotel (between the hotel and convention center) is a outside bar with a great br...

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel is fortunate to have employees like Ricardo. Without fail, he has helped me with his flexibility and proactive follow up for reservation requests. Ricardo's positive, "can-do" attitude is infectious so I really enjoy working with/through him.

Richard Cline / Atlanta

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Visiting for PRSA Travel conference for first time in Tampa and what a treat this hotel is! Everyone from hotel desk staff to Ahmed who served up room service with the most engaging smile are among the most accommodating I've encountered on a business/pleasure trip.
Great skinny margaritas on the patio overlooking marina and mini yachts parked like cars along River Walk.
Request room on higher floor marina side for breathtaking view of Tampa Bay at night.
May want to bring your favorite room spray to mask odd smell from marina.
Easy walk for sensational sushi at Jackson's Bistro or shopping across the channel.
Excellent business hotel, great for groups, food average, but better choices nearby.
Coming back soon with gal pals.

Room Tip: Tip the front desk clerk and it might get you on top floors with view.
1  Thank Rosanne H
Reviewed 7 June 2014

A great stay....just what I had hoped for. A relaxing day by pool. They treat you with ice cold pop ups, which feels like a vacation from days past! Staff, Bruce was very helpful with logistics, and Maria Cruz and Lydia did a fantastic job of keeping the room beautiful and helping out with forgotten items. Hotel is very well run; good food, too!

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Danielle and Scott were so easy to work with and any problems we did run into were fixed in a timely manner. As a matter of fact, all of the staff that I encountered while there were helpful and courteous. Thanks for making this part of the wedding stress-free!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

The skinny:

Parking- valet is $24
Decor- elegant, simple
Service- front desk great, on the phone eh
Linens- cool and crisp
Towels- some good and some eh

We stayed here for my brothers wedding on memorial weekend. We booked a room and stayed on the 12th floor. If you can get a room on the waterside it's probably a better view. Our room was the standard Marriott room, size was ok, bed comfy. The sink in the bathroom was slow draining two of the three days and they forgot to clean our room one night. Then the third night there was a strange puddle of water on the carpet (from the AC) and the engineer was sweet to give us a free movie. The free movie didnt work out so well so we tried a different free movie and that was sketchy as well.

When we left, I mentioned these things to the front desk and they totally took care of us. I appreciate that!

Also: just bc you are a Marriott rewards member, doesn't mean you get free Internet. You hv to be a higher level member.

And the newer towels are way better, softer!

Stayed: May 2014
Bill H, Resident Manager at Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your recent stay and for your posting on Trip Advisor. Your feedback regarding our products and services are certainly appreciated, and contribute to our effort to continuously improve.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at the Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel and it was the bomb. The pool deck is very special (family friendly, tanning, food, music, it was ALIVE) and uniquely positioned to oversee the neighboring Bay. The location was absolutely perfect. But really, the best part of the hotel is its STAFF. From valet (Charlie) to concierge nightman who I didn't get his name but he was helpful on a couple pressing issues (big guy), to the Lounge's hostess JOYCE WILLIAMS (wadup girl, thanks for the help with family pizza dinner lol) the team really worked well to ensure an enjoyable experience at this wonderful hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room with a bay balcony view. It is beautiful if you're into those things...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family