“Great Bar”

Tampa Marriott Waterside Hotel & Marina
Ranked #17 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Was at this hotel for the weekend, the rooms were good easy to sleep beds were comfortable and the staff were excellent. The lobby bar was the best good food from a few restaurant but the bartenders were great! The convention space is adequate for a 1000 people.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,889)

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Arrived by boat on friday, was amazed by how helpful and friendly the staff is. Marina and Hotel had a lot to offer. Great time in the pool or just hanging out on the back of the boat. Enjoyed how easy it was to get to all of the locations and restaurants. Had a great time with old and new friends , this was all made possible by the staff of the Marriott. Can't say enough about this place, will be back.

Room Tip: Stay in slip 104. It seemed that all the slips are great.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We spend the weekend here for out anniversary and had a fabulous time! The service was great and it was very relaxing. The parking price was a bit much but the ease of valet is a nice treat. We look forward to going back.

Room Tip: The breakfast buffet was the BEST ever...better than some cruises we've taken.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

Loved it!!! Great pool and loved Bruce's cordiality coming around with the ice cream very often!!! Beautiful rooms and efficient staff!! Very nice sea side where I could see some dolphin!! I would defenetly come back! Very nice location. Harbour island is lovely

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I like Tampa a lot. Lot of things to do. So my husband and I decided to drive down just for the day and stay overnight. We had an exceptional deal on the room. When I arrived I was floored at the price of parking!!! Never in my travels have I ever spent that much to park my car overnight and pretty much had to have valet. The hotel was clean, friendly, and for me swanky. Revolving doors into a very spacious lobby. Many Valets, Bellman, check-in folks and a concierge. The place was a-buzz. My room was equipped with a refrigerator, a safe, balcony, desk, chair, lots of lamps, Wi-Fi, and of course beds and good size bathroom. The view was nice overlooking the Forum and Channelside. With a park just below us. The pictures on the website are up to date and for the most part we were not disappointed. Dinner at the Waterside (inside the hotel) was good however the dinning area we were in, the acoustics were loud and at times I had trouble talking with my husband over the noise.

It was a nice hotel all in all I just can't seem to get over the parking fee. I must admit it was my fault because after reading it online I assumed I could park without valet. Well I could however I was told it was $10. and every time I took my car out it would be another $10. to put in back in. What was suppose to be a cheap overnight get away didn't happen.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LALAPP
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have stayed here twice and it is a very nice hotel. Very convenient to the convention center. Pleasantly located on the water so you can go for a scenic walk every day. The restaurants and the rooms were typical for a business class hotel. Very nice, but nothing to write home about. You can get very good pricing depending on the day of week and lack of conventions. This is my "go to" hotel in Tampa.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Our annual baseball trip consisted of two Florida cities and Atlanta Georgia. The highlight if the hotels was the Marriott Waterside. The room was more than adequate and the view over the surrounding area was spectacular. The best part of the stay for the 3 boys was the concierge lounge in the morning. They were treated to a sumptuous breakfast and were watched over by a very pleasant gentleman by the name of Carl Fuller. He managed to keep them under control without anyone even noticing what was going on. It made it a very pleasant time for everyone. Thanks again Carl.

Room Tip: Upper floors the best
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family