“Wonderful stay”

Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
Ranked #45 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Ocala, Florida
“Wonderful stay”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel was very nice. Clean and comfortable. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and also helpful with restaurant and direction info. I was there for a wedding, and decided to stay an extra night after everyone else left just because I needed some away time. I requested the top floor since I'm a light sleeper and don't like to hear anyone stomping on the floor above. The hotel is close to the airport, so when I heard a plane fly over, I was a little worried that I would hear them at night and it would keep me awake. But it was no problem at all. Of course I did bring my little fan for white noise, that probably helped. The cleaning staff did a wonderful job and was also very pleasant! Breakfast was great, kept very clean and lots of fresh goodies to choose from.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Cindy,
I am so glad that you were able to stay with us for such a happy occasion. We do assist wedding groups from time to time and it's always a pleasure to see the big smiles. Our staff always tries to offer suggestions for places to eat and visit and I'm glad to hear that your experience was no exception--I'll let them know you noticed. I hope you'll come back when you have time to visit Busch Gardens or Big Cat Rescue or maybe one of the local city beaches. We'd love to see you again!
Deidre Fletcher; General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We arrived at a busy, busy time. However, the front desk clerk (Phil) was patient, courteous and professional despite the hectic atmosphere of the guests! We were checked in quickly and were able to get into our room without delay. Christopher was at the front desk for check out and was equally professional and check out was easy.

Rooms were clean, comfortable and the beds were great! Fresh bedding with a note that the duvet and sheets are cleaned after each stay made us even more comfortable.

Was not sure when we arrived if the traffic noise and airport flyover noise would be a problem. The hotel is soundproof! We were on the 5th floor and our other guests were on the 3rd and 1st floors, all rooms were quiet.

Will book this hotel again! Many thanks!

Room Tip: All rooms were equally clean, and comfortable...and quiet!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Even though I was only here for one night, the hotel staff was very helpful and courteous. It is very convenient to Tampa Airport. I will be staying here again. Just a note, no inside pool. It was raining so didn't get to use the outside pool.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The property is unremarkable, the location is convenient if not picturesque. The check in process was efficient & the lobby area has been updated. They have 24 hour free coffee service which I LOVE. The property is a little older (wall AC units, bad paintings, minor bathtub stains) but otherwise well kept up. The climate control worked well and the bedding was wonderful. I love the puffy duvets. I slept great. The shower pressure was good & the water was hot. I will probably stay again next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great staff that took only minutes to solve a problem that I had with my room. The room was great and very clean. Great location, close to Wal-Mart and other great eateries. Hampton Inn has yet to fail me when it comes to quality for the price that you pay, you can never go wrong when you walk pass the help desk and smell the fresh baked cookies.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Thank you for taking time our of your busy schedule to let us know about your stay. We take pride in our hotel and make it our utmost priority to ensure that we take care of our guest. We look forward to your return visit at our Hampton Inn-Tampa.
Ft. Washington, United States
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Upon my arrivel my reservation was at the front desk already for me to go to my room and that was the first time I have ever had that to happen and I didn't have to wait long. The next morning at breakfast the lady that taking care of the kitchen area was very helpful and friendly,She made sure that I had everything I needed including a very warm and friendly smile. Also the guys that worked the front desk was very helpful and friendly like i was at home. I thank you all an I will be back...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for letting us know about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn-Tampa. We are pleased to know that you had a great stay. We look forward to you visiting our hotel in the future.
Tampa, United States
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The housekeeper was very friendly, and asked us daily if we needed anything, like fresh towels or new linen for our beds. The front desk people seemed burdened by our existence, and often distracted after the end of the second week there. Our refrigerator froze everything we had, we complained but our complaint was ignored. We ended up leaving two days early so we wouldn't have to stay and deal with the no longer friendly front desk people anymore.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am truly sorry that you were not completely satisfied with your stay with us at the Hampton Inn. I can assure you that we will address the issue and review this with our staff. We hope that you will give us a chance in the future so that we can make this up to you.