Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
Ranked #40 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Roswell, Georgia
“Not great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night and this hotel seemed to have a much lower standard than other Hampton Inns. We did have a friendly and speedy check in but the restrooms in the lobby were out of order, the ice maker on our level was broken and the floor in the battle room was dirty and the breakfast was mediocre at best.

Stayed April 2014
Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Vickie,
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your experience. We certainly have been doing a lot of maintenance work at the hotel within the past couple of weeks and it sounds like you stayed with us while we were making property improvements. I apologize that this interfered with your visit. I also appreciate the feedback on our breakfast and I will address that quality issue with our breakfast team to see what potential changes we can make. I feel good about our progress and hope you will see that on a future visit.
Deidre Fletcher; General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014

After trying several new brands in the Hilton and Marriott families (including Hilton Garden Inn and Marriott Renaissance), I am pleased to say that "I'm back home at Hampton Inns". I stayed at this property for the first time. It was a delightful surprise. Of course, it was a predictable Hampton Inn with all the comfort features that I enjoy: clean coverlets, strong WIFI, delicious complimentary breakfast, plenty of free parking, etc. However, imagine my surprise when on the first morning of the stay, the General Manager wandered through the breakfast area asking each guest about their stays. Not only that, but the front desk clerk, who checked me in the previous day, did the same thing and took my dirty dishes away from the table. They were wandering and taking care of guest concerns, planning large gathering in the meeting room, making restaurant suggestions, etc. When have I seen that done? In fact, it reminds me of the number of times that I've had to ask to see the GM, who was hiding in a back office and seemed so uncomfortable talking to that "scary guest". My compliments to this GM and her staff. I hope that she will forward this message to her bosses in Memphis so that she can be acknowledged for the stellar job she does with this property. My compliments. I'll be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mr Stew,
Thank you so much for your kind words. Our entire team enjoys interacting with our guests and I'm glad that was evident during your stay. I hope you are able to come back to Tampa and stay with us again soon.
Jacksonville, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Thank you Hampton Inns-Hilton Hotels for accommodating Jehovah's Witnesses to stay at your facilities. As what we have done in the past, we have been choosing your hotels for accommodation. We hold our assemblies in different parts of the world. As long as you provide us with excellent service and fair deals, we shall keep on choosing you as one of the best hotels we can count on. We look forward to choose you again in our future events.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Priscilla W
Dear Jacksonville guest,
It is our pleasure to serve Jehovah Witness travelers and we consider ourselves to be a long-term partner. We appreciate the relationship that we have with all of you and consider it a privilege to be in your program. Thank you for selecting our particular property. We hope to see you again.
West Palm Beach, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I arrived and the hotel staff was friendly. The interior was pleasant. I asked Phil if my room had a good air conditioner because I need it to be cold to sleep . He advised not to turn it down to 60 degrees or it would freeze.

The room was nice, a little dated but still fresh and clean. However, there was not a fridge and microwave, which I was counting on. Hey found a fridge for us and brought it up and explained the 5th floor was the only floor with fridges and microwaves. As a silver Hilton Honors member, I was curious why I wasn't offered a room on the 5th floor. I was told it was because I was only there for the weekend. What's the point of earning status levels if you honor longer stays over loyal customers? Phil suddenly found a room available on the 5th floor and it had a better air conditioner...so I thought. The room got nice and cold until it was bedtime the. The temperature was intermittently cold/warm, but humid which resulted in my unrest in a very comfortable bed.

The breakfast was not typical Hampton Inn delicious. They served sausage Saturday and Sunday and sausage gravy on Sunday. It was pork feast overkill. The sausage patties on Sunday were kind of gross. Just not your typical HI breakfast.

The staff was kind, the place was clean and the beds were comfy. Next time though, I'll invest the $30 extra and stay at another Hilton-branded hotel. The humid room, gross breakfast, and lack of recognition for HHonors guests is enough to keep me from returning.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for letting me know about the experience you had during your stay. Like many other hotels, we offer different kinds of rooms, only a few of which have microwaves and refrigerators. I apologize that you were not immediately upgraded to one of those rooms as a recognition of your status and have discussed this with our front desk team. We are also involved in a large maintenance project that includes our air conditioning units and I apologize that this affected your visit. We are constantly working to improve and feedback like yours is very important to this process. I appreciate your time in posting.
Ocala, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

The hotel was very nice. Clean and comfortable. The front desk clerk was very pleasant and also helpful with restaurant and direction info. I was there for a wedding, and decided to stay an extra night after everyone else left just because I needed some away time. I requested the top floor since I'm a light sleeper and don't like to hear anyone stomping on the floor above. The hotel is close to the airport, so when I heard a plane fly over, I was a little worried that I would hear them at night and it would keep me awake. But it was no problem at all. Of course I did bring my little fan for white noise, that probably helped. The cleaning staff did a wonderful job and was also very pleasant! Breakfast was great, kept very clean and lots of fresh goodies to choose from.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Cindy,
I am so glad that you were able to stay with us for such a happy occasion. We do assist wedding groups from time to time and it's always a pleasure to see the big smiles. Our staff always tries to offer suggestions for places to eat and visit and I'm glad to hear that your experience was no exception--I'll let them know you noticed. I hope you'll come back when you have time to visit Busch Gardens or Big Cat Rescue or maybe one of the local city beaches. We'd love to see you again!
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We arrived at a busy, busy time. However, the front desk clerk (Phil) was patient, courteous and professional despite the hectic atmosphere of the guests! We were checked in quickly and were able to get into our room without delay. Christopher was at the front desk for check out and was equally professional and check out was easy.

Rooms were clean, comfortable and the beds were great! Fresh bedding with a note that the duvet and sheets are cleaned after each stay made us even more comfortable.

Was not sure when we arrived if the traffic noise and airport flyover noise would be a problem. The hotel is soundproof! We were on the 5th floor and our other guests were on the 3rd and 1st floors, all rooms were quiet.

Will book this hotel again! Many thanks!

Room Tip: All rooms were equally clean, and comfortable...and quiet!