“Super friendly staff & clean, nice hotel”

Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North)
Ranked #53 of 164 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 18 July 2014

What's great about Hamptons is their 100% satisfaction guarantee and the hot breakfast. This one more than goes above and beyond the brand standards. I mentioned that I needed a small issue fixed and they volunteered one night off, without my knowing until I got the final bill over a week later. Breakfast is hot & fresh and consistently attended to with a clean dining area attached. Staff on all shifts incredibly friendly and helpful. Laundry on-site and staff is happy to make change. Also small store with some treats and conveniences open 24 hours.
Pet friendly: this was great. I brought my senile dog and even when she peed in the elevator, (more than once, to more than one staff member) - so embarrassing! - they wouldnt even let me clean up after her. I'd ask for the supplies to do it myself and they would just do it, refusing to hand over the supplies. I'm still mortified that they cleaned up after my dog.. but my point is they really go above & beyond - all of them. Several FD employees were incredibly friendly, chatting me up over the course of my stay.
Dog fee was supposed to be $25/day so I expected another couple hundred on my bill... they ended up loving her (despite her antics) and waiving it.
I saved over $300 just as a result of their courtesy and kindness - a nice surprise upon checkout after a very nice stay.
Recommend, whole-heartedly. Good location too, plenty of food and shopping options nearby. Convenient to the fairgrounds as well as to the zoo and downtown areas. Perfection all around!

Room Tip: Nothing spectacular view-wise. Small building, all rooms are pretty convenient. Parking on all sides...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you so much for recognizing our team's efforts during your stay. Every one of them cares very much about our guests and I will be sure to let them know that their efforts mattered to you. I hope you'll stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The three night stay was excellent. Check-in & check-out a breeze. The staff was always helpful with recommendations for dining & routes. It was our first stay in Tampa. Nola the lady who prepared breakfast was a credit to the hotel. She was not only prepared at 06:00 but pleasant and smiling, with a smile each morning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am so glad that our team made your stay with us enjoyable. Everyone here knows that there is always something that can be done to improve, so as you saw, the work never stops. We just want everyone to be comfortable and happy. I am glad your traveling companion was able to stay with you and I hope you'll keep us in mind for future travel. We'd love to see you again!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel was located right between my office and Macdill and provided numerous restaurant choices nearby with easy access. Great price and amenities including pool and fitness center that I really enjoyed. The staff was welcoming and very friendly, I would highly recommend and will stay again when in town.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for much for taking time to let people know about your experience with us. We do have a pretty friendly team and it's nice to hear it from our guests. I am also glad you were able to squeeze in time to enjoy our amenities as well as some local activities and restaurants. My personal favorite area restaurant is Boston's and if you are a dessert lover, I highly recommend their warm Boston cream pie the next time you visit. And I hope that will be soon. We appreciate your business!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I checked th are for hotels and of course I was only checking Hiolton Properties because I love all the expertise of the staff and Hilton properties and I would not stay at any other hotel unless Hilton was not there and it was an emergency. I would drive additional miles just to stay at a Hilton hotel. Thansk!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Wow! We really appreciate your loyalty and I hope you're taking advantage of the Hilton Honors program to build points for another stay with us in the future. Thank you so much for your business and kind words. And please come back again soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Great hotel with reasonable prices. The rooms are clean and the staff efficient and ready to help. Be sure to request a room with a microwave and fridge, some hotels don't have them in the rooms unless you request them when you make your reservation. The breakfast could use a little work - we didn't care for the omelets or the boiled eggs - and if you have allergies, bring your own soap and lotions because theirs are scented. Overall, great stay!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for staying with us during your visit. I am so sorry that our breakfast items were not a match for your palette. We do rotate the hot food so that different things are served on different days and will keep you comments in mind for the future. I hope you'll come stay with us again the next time you are in town.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn location July 3-8 and we were pleased. Kudos to Ricardo, Zakeya, Paul, and Jeannette (in the breakfast area)! Each of them took our visit personally by ensuring that we had everything that we needed during our stay. Zakeya helped us find tourist cruises and she made some excellent recommendations. Jeannette was off for a few days, but when she returned she immediately remembered that I was a vegetarian. She informed me if the items on the bar that should suit me.

We were skeptical at first because the hotel did not have a high star rating. My husband prefers 4 and above, but we took a chance and they did not disappoint. Hampton Inn truly lives up to the Hilton family brand. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014
Deidre F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa-Veterans Expwy (Airport North), responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

I am thrilled to hear that our team made you feel at home. I know that you have plenty of choices when selecting a hotel and the decision can be a challenge. We appreciate that you stayed with us and would recommend us to others. I hope you'll visit us again soon!

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Twice stayed at this location and the staff was terrific. We actually had car trouble both stays and the staff was awesome. Thanks Phil and Damain for the help hospitality and kindness during a trying time making our problem better and somewhat enjoying the 4th of July thanks again

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Nate L

I am so glad that Phil and Damian were able to help you during your holiday visit. It's unfortunate that you were experiencing car problems and I hope our shuttle drivers were also able to assist you with some backup transportation. We appreciate that you've stayed with us more than once and I hope you'll let me know the next time you get the chance to visit. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I'll pass along your kind words to the team.