“Right Next to the Fairgrounds”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tampa Fairgrounds - Casino
Ranked #94 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I was attending a concert at the fairgrounds, and chose this hotel because it was across the street and they are pet friendly. It was a last minute trip for me and my friends, so needed a place that accepted my dog. It was perfect location to tailgate and not have to drive to and from the concert. The room was nice. I mean it isn't a 5 star hotel, but it is well maintained for the price. If I ever return for another concert I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Hotel extremely overpriced. Rooms are small & a bit seedy. Breakfast offer is poor. There is very limited seating for breakfast. No eggs, bacon or sausage on breakfast bar only waffles, bagels, 3 cereals & very sad looking apples. Front desk personnel very short when asking questions. Pet friendly be prepared for barking dogs. One good note beds were comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Tampa is a great place to go to see our favorite country singers and this time we got to see one of the best-Brad Paisley perform! But the surprise of the night was finding the La Quinta right across the street! Previous concerts we had stayed at much higher costing places that were farther from the venue at the Tampa Fairgrounds. But this time we wanted to drive the car in and leave it behind for the night. So I did an online search of hotels available in the area. We were surprised to find that the La Quinta was well rated on Trip advisor, and had very good prices so we decided to take a chance. Boy are we happy we did! The hotel is relatively new and well kept. Our check in process was smooth and efficient. Our room was on the second floor and when we found it to be near the elevator I must admit I had some misgivings about noise. But as it turned out my fears were unfounded and our room was very quiet. Plus unlike some hotels that advertise as "smoke free" this room actually did not smell like cigarettes like some do and it did not set my allergies to going crazy. This is a gem of a find for us and we have already made reservations for the nights of two more concerts we will be attending in the area!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel served its purpose. We stood one night. The room had a very strong cigarette smell. The hotel smelled musky. Will not recommend this hotel at all. Breakfast was serves but we
didn't eat. The shower didn't drain well.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I have stayed in 4 new hotels on this trip. We just decided to do it different and mix it up. This was the first. I came at 3 p.m. Person said my room needed to be cleaned- I wanted a quiet room and sat down to wait- for ONE HOUR. New clerk tells me, I "cannot have this room because it was shampooed." She looks at the booking and rudely says" what do you want ME to do about it?" I get another room and a lot of attitude. Once inside, both lights by bed had no light bulb and the scone x cross the room by the TV was hanging by a wire. Not enough towels and when i went to check out, the morning desk clerk was clueless. I tried to tell him abt the maintenance issues, and 30 seconds after I start talking, he takes a phone call. No excuse me, just picks up the phone,. I used to stay at La Quinta's in one city in JAX- reliable and nice. New customers from places like Hotwire can be an opportunity for more business. Treat them badly and they will never go back. Goodbye brand. Train your people! Other places for the fairgrounds at reasonable prices too.

Room Tip: A really good tip for a room is not HERE.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank doratallahassee
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Room was clean, right across the street from Mid Florida Ampitheater. Easy access to venue. Fast return after concert. Room had a micro and fridge, BIG PLUS! Staff was friendly and location was great! Price was reasonable. Enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a smoke free/pet free room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 3 August 2014

watch for any strangers approaching you when getting luggage out of car! Excellant clean quality of room and stay. The only problem was a scarpe to me when getting my luggage and a strange man came from nowhere behind me. Said he was drunk but smelt of no booze. He followed me into hotel. I went to fro t desk to say something to attendant. The stranger went out straight to back door straight ahead of attendant desk. I mentioned this to attendant, you g man, but no concern was given nor done. This did worry and upset me. I didnt want this man to know where my room was. Othetwise I rate this hotel 10 plus. Will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo