“Horrible Front Desk”

Ranked #120 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Lansing, Michigan
“Horrible Front Desk”
Reviewed 22 January 2014

My family due to situations in Tampa had to stay at the Inn. The rooms weren't that great but doable if needed. We didn't request service from maid as did not wish our dog to upset we took care of the trash and everything ourselves as not wishing to be a bother.We were told rooms had internet which was not true so we had to spend time in the lobby all the time to look up information we needed and just for a break from the room.Told time and again by staff that we weren't in the way and constantly apologizing for us having to be down there doing such. Reassured that it was fine. Then i overheard the staff making rude comments about us and being offensive....i would not recommend this place to anyone....Rooms are not good and sadly the staff is worse...Spend the few extra dollars and stay somewhere else

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank S M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 11 January 2014

After a long drive from Alabama we were glad to find a pet friendly pricy motel. But it was nothing but nasty and dirty. Strange (druggy) people on the balcony. My husband and I felt very unsafe. Would never stay there again. We travel a lot, this motel was the worst ever

• Stayed October 2013
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

The upside: it is cheap, it is right off of I-4, there's a small fridge and freezer and microwave unit in the room, and it is pretty close to the fairgrounds. Those are the reasons I stayed here. But the downsides are numerous. It is a pretty seedy motel. The kind that offers cheap weekly rates. Lots of people walking around but you aren't likely to hear them over the Ac noise and traffic on the highway. Myroom smelled musty, too. All rooms have outside entrances-no hallways to limit access to guests.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank OnTheStretch
Grifton, NC
Reviewed 16 April 2013

On March 15, 2013 around 10:30 PM my wife and I booked The Masters Inn Tampa Fairgrounds over the phone while we were driving into Tampa. We had planned to spend the night on the road prior to getting to Tampa but as I was still feeling good, (12 hour drive) we continued on into Tampa. We called the booking agency (hotelreservations.com) where we had previously booked a room for the following night. We were told by the hotelreservations.com phone representative this was the only hotel room available in Tampa and that if we did not take this room as this was the last one available even at this hotel we were unlikely to find a hotel room in the Tampa area on this night. My wife asks if this was a nice hotel and if it had a good rating. We were told the hotel was nice and had a good reputation. When we arrived at the hotel and went to the office to check in, we should have known by the lobby door being locked and only a small passageway for identification and money to be passed through to the attendant behind a thick glass window this was not a hotel we would have chosen had we seen it first. The attendant was nice and told us there were plenty of vacant rooms for the night and we did not have to take the type room we were assigned on the reservation. Exhausted and disgusted, we ask for a room on the front with two doubles and received it. My wife was uneasy but since we were there and tired we stayed. The room was not clean looking and had a musty smell. We went to bed after pulling the bedspread back and fully clothed, prepared for sleep. My wife even placed her sweater between the pillow and her head. After turning the lights off, my wife complained of seeing shadows passing by the door continuously and asks me to place the desk and chair against the door for additional security. We slept with our clothes on and a drawn weapon in my hand. Upon awaking the next morning, we called the hotel we were to be staying on the night of the 16th and ask if we could get an early check in so we could take a shower in a decent hotel. For this night of unrest, we paid $90.45. At checkout, the front desk attendant asks me how we enjoyed our stay. My reply was do you want the truth or a lie. The front desk attendant replied the truth. I told her I had rather been in Hell with my back broken. She apologized and we left that hotel, never to return. We should have found a Wal-Mart and slept in the parking lot.

Room Tip: Choose a different booking agency and hotel.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank CharlieT740
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

An ok motel. Greatest thing I can say about it is it was close to where I needed to be. Other than that guess it was suitable enough. The maids had a habit of taking your sheets and not giving new ones. Wendys and a convenient store that sells beer with a subway in it pretty much in same parking lot as motel. Has a washer and dryer and room had microwave and fridge. Would stay again.

• Stayed February 2013
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed 18 January 2013

We booked a two double bed room for 4 of us because the hotel is close to the Tampa fairgrounds and we were planning to go for a concert. The room was extremely reasonable, priced at only 60 dollars for 4 people. Rooms were spacious and beds were very comfortable. I don’t believe it is very conveniently located from the tourist places in Tampa, but it was very close to the fairgrounds so it makes a lot of sense if you are going for a concert. Also, for the price, if you have a car, it is totally worth staying here. The room had a microwave and television and a very clean bathroom. Linen was also very clean. I don’t believe the hotel itself has a restaurant, but there is a Wendy’s right outside so meals aren’t a problem. There is also a gas station very close if you are looking for a late night snack or alcohol. The hotel has a nice big pool that is a good alternative to driving all the way to the beach, which I think is a couple of miles away. Overall, totally worth the price, even if the location isn’t great.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends