“On par for an economy hotel stay”

Vista Inn & Suites Tampa
Ranked #125 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 24 July 2013

During a storm, our home lost power for an extended time and I needed internet. This hotel is close to our home, so I got a room there. Had I read the reviews first, I might not have stayed but, since I went in unbiased, I did not see 90% of what others are talking about. As I travel in business I am used to staying exclusively at Hilton. This is not a Hilton. But, it is certainly on par or to much better than hotels in the same price range all over the country. They have a great staff and are a good value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lester R

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The room was supposed to be smokeless and it smelled horrible. There is also a homeless camp behind the hotel. The hotel is convenient off the interstate but if they want business, which it looked like they needed, they better improve the rooms or go way down on the price of their rooms. Awful place!

Room Tip: If all you need is a room, don't expect much. If you are expecting a nice hotel...continue look...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NativeFloridian64
OSD, General Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2013

Dear guest, we want to apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay at our hotel. We try to maintain our rooms to high standards and apologize your room smelled like a smoking room. Sometimes we do have guests that smoke in our non-smoking rooms and we deep clean those rooms to rid the room of the smell. We would have been more than glad to switch you to another room had you notified the front desk. As per the homeless camp behind the hotel, it was on state property and we could not do anything about it. However, after multiple complaints from us and IHOP the state did send a cleaning crew and that problem has been resolved. We hope you give us another chance to show you that we value our guests' input and do our best to resolve any issues.
MaTT

Reviewed 4 May 2013

This place isso gross literally just walked in the room condoms on the side of the bed. Stains on carpet and phone doesn't work. There is a whole in the wall behind the door and serious trash living here. I set my bags down for a minute and I can't bring myself to settle in here even for a night. A refund just won't do it...avoid this place like the plauge.

• Stayed: May 2013
saraswat80, Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2013

Dear valued guest, we appreciate your feedback and apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel. We try to maintain a very hospitable and clean property with friendly customer service. We have staff members available 24/7 to ensure our guests have a satisfactory stay. I apologize again for the dissatisfactory experience you had. If you decide to stay with us again I assure you that your stay with us will be much more pleasant because our number one goal is guest satisfaction and we waste no time correcting and resolving any problems experienced by our guest.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

On my recent visit to Tampa I was pleasantly surprised to see such a friendly and safe place
with moderate prices. My family joined me on my business trip to Tampa this time. When we visited we saw this place in good location, Easy access from Interstate ,plenty of places to eat nearby. Check in was quick and friendly. We were able to visit some friends and family nearby.
Staff was always smiling and helpful in things to visit .
No problem sleeping in spite of being close to interstate and busy intersection in day time
you can find places to eat in walking distance even late at night. I was able to do my work in downtown while family did site seeing and occasional golfing nearby.
I will recommend to anyone particularly for the price and friendly convenient place in today's market. Thanks

Room Tip: Ask to give rooms facing courtyard side, Call direct if you have any meetings OR need group meetings...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank 244sam244

Dear guest, thank you for choosing to stay at the Vista Inn and Suites. We appreciate feedback from all our guests and we are glad to hear that you had an enjoyable and satisfying stay. Thank you again for staying with us and giving us your feedback.

Reviewed 8 April 2013

It was Springbreak and as anyone who wants to go to Busch Gardens but forgot to make reservations knows, you may have to head a bit more out to find a place.
However, that gave no right to the hotel for being 40 years out of date and having terrible beds. At the office the receptionist asked if you wanted a smoking or nonsmoking room. We said nonsmoking. Well, I guess she misunderstood us because as soon as we walked into the room the smell of cigar hit us. It was either cigar or stale air, and quite frankly, neither are appealing.
The only bright side was the iHop right next door to provide us a lOvely breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013
OSD, Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Thank you for your comments on your recent stay at our hotel. We take great pride in trying to offer great guest satisfaction with their stay, but obviously we have failed during your stay. I am not sure what happened with the smoking and non-smoking rooms, but we do have specific non-smoking rooms, and obviously you did not receive one. We have a 100% satisfaction guaranteed policy at this property. I only wish that we had the opportunity to make your stay right for you when you were here. I hope that you will give us another chance in your next stay in our area. Thank you
Matt

Reviewed 2 April 2013

I had some family come into town and I told them to stay there, unfortunately I hadn't been to the property myself and online it looked like a decent place so I recommended it, boy was I wrong.

First this is a motel, plain an simple. There are druggies, methheads, crackheads, pimps, hoes, etc. lurking about the place which is scary. There are lots of people living out of this motel too from week to week. Everything is disgusting, dirty, falling apart, old, crumbling, etc. I went looking for the ice machine and thought I went into a timewarp back 100 years. There was an employee who looked to be in her 80's in a rocking chair who said "Ya'll need some fresh towels? I'm here 'till 8 or 9 most likely."

No place to eat in the hotel. When I took my family to the room none of the lights worked because they were all unplugged, tube tv, come on! The room smelled horrible, not worth a penny, I hope they demolish the place soon!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Joseph A

I would first off like to apologize for the items that you noticed during your recent stay. Quite frankly, I am shocked of some of the items that you have mentioned. We try to do the very best in giving our guests the best day possible. And obviously we failed in your recent stay. We had a 100% satisfaction guaranteed policy. I regret that we did not have the opportunity to make your stay a successful one. We take your comments very seriously and hope that you will please give us another try. Thank you
Matt

Reviewed 22 March 2013

spent an uneventful night, I knew it wasn't the Ritz. Saw a hole in the wall and ignored like I ignored the filthy carpet, drapes, inside out sheets on the bed, etc...3 days later checking my online checking account, 200.00 was taken out. I called at the manager he accused me of putting a hole in the wall. We argued and told me he was going to send me pics. I called back and he said since the hole was so small and easy to repair, he decided to return my 200.00.

Lesson learned.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank kerry g
Matt S, General Manager at Vista Inn & Suites Tampa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2017

Thank you for providing feedback on our hotel. I'm sorry we did not meet your expectations. We work extremely hard to provide excellent service and a great product to our guests. I sincerely apologize for your experience and I hope you will give us another opportunity to show you a better version of our hospitality in the future.