“Great location thats about it.”

Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino
Ranked #112 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Bradenton, Florida
“Great location thats about it.”
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Located across the street from the ford amp and next to winghouse, so perfect for concert over night stay. But wouldnt stay there again. Dirty rooms that smell and are very small. My advice is to book early at the Holiday Inn or somewhere else nearby!!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Saint Cloud, Florida
Reviewed 31 July 2012 via mobile

I was worried about staying at a "motel" type hotel in this area but I was greeted by friendly staff & nicely upgraded interiors! Everything was clean (enough) and the proximity to the amphitheater was perfect! Saved at least $60 staying here instead of next door. Restaurant located conveniently next door.. Perfect for my overnight concert stay :)

• Stayed July 2012
i0092, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Rooms recently renovated, nice hardwood (laminate) floors, updated fixtures, clean and comfortable. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice this place was for a RRI! Went for the KISS show so didnt really care where we stayed as long as we didnt have to drive - this place did not disappoint! Wing House in same parking lot (the girls were all dressed in KISS make up, it was fun!) and we walked to and from the venue after dinner & some drinks there. It was great watching everyone else sit and wait in traffic trying to get out as we entered our cool comfy room! Great value for the money and I would HIGHLY recommend staying here to anyone who is catching a show at the amphitheater!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
i0092, Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Fairgrounds-Casino, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you enjoyed the new rooms. We hope to see you again for the next concert.
ohhector
Reviewed 15 July 2012

I stayed here a few months ago and it was an average experience. Nothing really bad to report, it was clean and did the job. And about average value. I saw that they were redoing one of the wings of the hotel though, and on this visit I was able to get one of the renovated rooms. They are beautiful! Nice new decor and sheets, (un laminated) wood floors. I am uploading a few photos which can describe the room much better than I can.

Only negative: Room service came way earlier than I expected (855) which woke me up, and I asked the lady to come back later. She never did, so I had to get fresh towels from the lobby. Otherwise good service.

This is a little far from Downtown tampa, but for the price it's worth the stay. You have hotels in the downtown and Dale Mabry/airport area that cost $30-$50 more than this, and are of inferior quality.

MAKE SURE YOU GET A RENOVATED ROOM!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a renovated room.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed our renovated rooms. I’m happy to say that the renovation is now complete and all our rooms are renovated. I do apologize about the housekeeper waking you up in the morning. We hope to see again soon. Thank you for the great pictures!
Reviewed 13 July 2012

We just checked out from the Red Roof Inn/Tampa Fairgrounds this morning. I mistakenly thought that the checkout time was noon. When I realized that it was 11:00 and that we were not going to meet the deadline, I spoke to a desk attendant. After describing my mistake and apologizing to her, she said, "Checkout time is 11:00."

I replied, "I know. That is why I am talking to you."

We then went through a laborious haggling session that ended with her stating that we could check out at noon, "but no later."

When I did check out at about 11:35, there were two other customers checking out almost simultaneously. Nothing was said to these customers about their tardiness or that they would be charged a fee for missing the checkout deadline.

Interestingly, while I was loading our car, I heard two housekeeping staff members discussing the several rooms' occupants who were checking out at noon.

So, apparently, to borrow from George Orwell, all customers are equal, but some customers are more equal than others.

I must point out that one of the women working in the office was exceedingly gracious (she had no name tag). This is the TripAdvisor review that I promised to her.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank DaddyOfClaudine
Perry, Florida
Reviewed 9 July 2012

For a lower priced hotel, this is the one. They are in the process of replacing all of the beds and furniture. It is clean, well maintained, and the hotel staff have always been the most pleasant to me and to my grandchildren.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Nothing fancy from outside but clean and pretty modern rooms with super comfortable beds. Just 5 min from the Hard Rock casino and around half an hour from the Clearwater and St Pete beaches. Excellent customer service.

Room Tip: Walk-in rates with coupons may be quite cheaper.Though you have to take the probable but low risk of...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends