“Worst Place Ever”

Ranked #137 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Chesterfield, Virginia
“Worst Place Ever”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We found pills on the floor from previous guest, bugs in the room, and a less than friendly staff when checking who also seems to an unstable computer system. They did not check in guest based on the order of arrival, but instead based on who had a reservation. When making a request to stay near our in-laws that were staying at the hotel as well, the agent was rude making the same comments to all guest that were checking in giving a "recorded message" instead of just seeing if she could accommodate the request. When we found we had no towels in the room, and one of us was in the shower, they did not have the manpower to bring towels to the room and we had to go to guest services to pick up the towels our self..

Room Tip: Don't stay at this hotel/motel/rat trap.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Bob M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies that your stay was not as you anticipated. We certainly try to insure that every guest stay is a pleasant one that exceeds their expectations but it is apparent that we fell short in your case. For this I truly am sorry.
Bob Mucklin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Reviewed 2 February 2014

The place is nice. The staff is good and very accomdating. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone. The hot tub was broken but they were working on it. The shower was awesome! Had a great time while we were there.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms for animals and there is no pet deposit
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Bob M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. It always gives me great joy to hear positive things about our hotel and our staff. Once again Thank You very much.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 31 January 2014

During the processs of relocating from the west to Tampa, I stayed at this Red Roof almost every night.

The rooms were clean and Parul at the front desk was exceptional to work with. She made sure that any issues I had with my rooms were immediately taken care of.

For the price, this is a great place to stay and I would recommend it.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our property. So often we hear about the negative and not the positives. I'm so glad we were able to offer you a pleasant stay. I will be sure to pass on your comments to thee staff.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Aside from the ant problem in our room, our bed was infested with fleas. I'm terrified of what I'm bringing home in my luggage. This hotel is disgusting. I'm informing the health department. There is NOTHING else I can add to this review.

Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property.
I'm so very you had a bug issue while at our hotel. Please rest assured your problem has been addressed. I'm so very sorry. We try to do everything we can to insure every guest has a pleasurable experience and we seem to have fallen short with your stay and for this I truly am sorry. I hope that you will give us the opportunity in the future to better serve you.
Bob Mucklin,

Travellers are raving about these Tampa hotels

gainesville, fl.
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This motel was chosen based location, price, and TA reviews.
The overall rating is, in my experience, correct.
The room was clean, a bit small (not a big deal for me traveling on a business trip and only needing a place to sleep and shower), and the bed / pillows were comfortable. The price was very reasonable, and the staff were fairly friendly and helpful.
On the "other side of the coin": the clock did not work, and could not be set to the right day, time, or alarm time. There was one German cockroach (I emphasis WAS), so where there is one... No, this was not the random palmetto roach that wandered in from outside. The traffic through the next apartment well into the early hours was REALLY an issue. It wouldn't have been so bad if one girl hadn't spent an hour on her cell phone right outside the door, and her boyfriend / date / whatever hadn't been sitting out there hacking the whole time, and the giggling girls hadn't been giggling and slamming their car doors....
Oh, and they only serve coffee, but not in your room. Now I know they tell you that on the web site, and I've stayed at RRIs before, but we all know that (almost?) everybody else at least puts a coffee maker in your room.

Room Tip: Asking for one upstairs and away from the front might help.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Bob M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 21 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. It is very important that our guests tell us about their experience because these comments help us to improve and correct issue's so that another guest does not have an unpleasant experience. Thank you
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Worst Red Roof I have ever stayed. The so called smoke-free rooms smell so bad. I actually found a empty cigarette box in the room (Room 215). The front desk person was so rude. I think they have a policy not to greet people, it looked like we were staying there for free. We had booked 2 rooms, my family and my parents. We were given rooms in the opposite directions of the buildings. I could hear loud noises all through the night. The faucets weren't working. Check room 215, there is no cold water from the taps. There were a couple smoking right outside my room, too scared to open the door and check. Please please avoid this place, you will get much better places for just a few dollars more. i would never again stay here again..

Room Tip: Please do not go with the hotel pics posted by the hotel management. They need to invest in cleanlin...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Nadeem A
Bob M, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Hello,
I'm so very sorry for your unpleasant experience. We do take our guest satisfaction very seriously. Since becoming a 100% smoke free property a little over a year ago one of our biggest challenges has been trying to get guests to only smoke in the designated smoking areas. This is the first I'm hearing an issue with cold water and is something that will be addressed immediately. I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review and hope that if you are ever in the area again you would give us another try as your experience truly is not the norm.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 16 December 2013

This has been a great hotel stay. Wonderful service and I would stay here again. Great breakfast, the rooms are very clean, the staff is very helpful and friendly. I love that security 24 hours a day. Great location because it's close to the theme parks.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Wallace1981
hurst213, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Hello,
I just want to Thank You for taking the time to review out hotel. It is always a pleasure to hear that a guest enjoyed their stay as much as you did. Once again Thank You.
Bob Mucklin,