“Good barbeque in Carollwoid”
Review of Alex's Southern Style Barbecue - CLOSED

Alex's Southern Style Barbecue
Cuisines: Barbecue
“Good barbeque in Carollwoid”
Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Unlike Alabama and Georgia, Tampa doesn't have much in the way of good southern BBQ - Alex's is an exception. The menu is simple - pulled pork, pulled chicken, ribs. Sides are beans, slaw and fries.

The chicken and pork had a real smoky flavor. The sauces, both sweet and hot, were flavorful. The guy at the counter was friendly.

It was a nice trip for some good BBQ, in the neighborhood.

1 Thank Psstuff

“Quick meal to go”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We always get Alex's BBQ to go, as the actual restaurant is far from inviting. But the beef is very good, and healthy portions that make a great family meal. Sometimes the corn on cob is a bit water logged, but beans are awesome.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Robin R
Tampa, Florida
“Decent barbecue but too much sauce”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

We recently tried Alex's Southern Barbecue for dinner. The menu has the typical assortment of meats, sides and platter combos. Meats are also available by the pound and in sandwich form. We ordered a 4 meat (beef, pork, chicken and sausage) combo platter which came with 2 sides (mac & cheese, baked beans). All meats were good but over-sauced (we should have ordered the sauce on the side). The 2 sides we tried were good. Prices are reasonable for the quantity of food given and the place was acceptably clean.

Worth a return visit (with less sauce)......

• Visited August 2013
Spring Hill, Florida, United States
“This is by far the Best Barbrque I have ever eaten.”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I have know Alex and have followed him and dined at his restaurant severl times over the last 20 plus years. I knew him when he was on Northdale Blvd, and I lived in Tampa, and to this day This is by far the Best Barbrque I have ever eaten. My wife and I now often ride 40 plus miles each way from Spriing Hill, just to eat his BBQ. It is always cooked Perfect, and the Combo of Beef Pork and Chicken is our favorite. His sides are also great and prices are very fair. Only wish he would expand to Spring Hill.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Robert S
Tampa, Florida
“Best Barbeque Meat in Tampa”
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

My family and I visited Alex's for lunch and the food was delicious. The ribs were so tender and juicy. We ordered a family meal which was more than enough food to feed everyone. My children loved the sweetness of the baked beans. The barbeque sausage had just enough spice. My only complaint was the greens were a little overcooked. I would highly recommend Alex's for great barbeque.

• Visited June 2013