“Beautiful Trolleys!”

TECO Line Streetcar System
Ranked #22 of 197 things to do in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: The TECO Line Streetcar System is a 2.7-mile line serving the dining and entertainment destinations in Ybor City, the Channel District (including the Port of Tampa and Channelside Bay Plaza) and Downtown Tampa. Operating until late on Fridays and Saturdays, the TECO Line Streetcar features 11 stations, each equipped with ticket vending machines. The TECO Line Streetcar is a fun, historical trip that is more than just getting you to your destination!
Reviewed 16 June 2013

The streetcars were beautiful! Nostalgic! A very fun ride! We enjoyed the sights. The stations had maps to help with destinations!

Reviewed 3 June 2013

We were travelling as a group of 15 Girl Scouts on Memorial Day weekend. We had ridden the AmTrak to Tampa so we were in the area with no car. I had checked transportation carefully, as I knew with holiday weekend there may have been some modifications to service schedules.

The only map I found online of the streetcar/trolley system was not detailed enough. The map online could not be enlarged so I had a little trouble with gauging walking distances along with our streetcar stops. Perhaps there is a way to do this and I just wasn't savvy enough.

Information I had seen online said the streetcars ran until 10:00 on Sunday nights. Apparently that information is not correct and I was not the only one misinformed. Both our group and another couple were waiting at a stop near Ybor city at about 8:30pm. An off-duty conductor told us that there would be not more cars for the night and suggested that we head to a bus stop about 6 blocks over. We hoofed it into Ybor City and waited at the bus stop. (Our dear little girl scouts had to avert their eyes from so many sights in Ybor City during Gay-bor Days. Didn't really want to explain that to their moms!) The bus was very long in coming. We tried calling cabs, but they said there would be an hour wait and we weren't sure how we could split our group of 15 without feeling like we were leaving part of the group behind in an unsavory environment. I guess the lesson is to check and double check the service times AT THE STATIONS and not rely on the internet information to be accurate. I'm not sure it should be relied upon like a public transportaion option.

The cars are quaint and we enjoyed our ride.

It was difficult to reach the office by phone when I had tried to get information before our trip.

The trolleys were not running at all over Memorial Day weekend.

1  Thank CindyQ914
Reviewed 28 May 2013

These beautiful, clean, historic streetcars are very affordable and a sweet way to travel in downtown Tampa. I got on at the Tampa Convention Center and rode to Ybor City and back. I got a $5 all-day pass which I could have used for the streetcar system and HART local buses as well.

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I found the trolley to be a convenient way to get from Ybor to Channelside without having to worry about finding parking.
Tickets and day passes ($5) can be purchased via machine at the stations. The trolley driver can also accept exact change for the one-way fare ($2.50).
The line doesn't start up until close to noon on S-Th, and starts around 11 AM on F and Sat, so keep that in mind for your planning.

1  Thank sehkmet22
Reviewed 31 March 2013

We travel with little kids so we always pick attractions that could be interesting for them. Teco streetcar system is the great choice especially for those kids that don't have such an old transit in their home city/town. We bought full day tickets and used streetcars three times while exploring Tampa downtown and Ybor city. My son was allowed to pull the horn and he just loved that!