“Great Fishing”

Gone Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Gone Fishing Charters provides private, light tackle, inshore fishing charters for parties of up to 6 people. Four, six and eight hour trips available. You'll fish out of a "best in class" boat, a 24 foot Sheaffer 239V Sportfisherman. New tackle and an experienced captain insure a quality outing. Species targeted include redfish, seatrout, snook, tarpon, cobia, spanish mackerel, kingfish, grouper, snapper and shark. License, bait tackle, digital pictures and fish cleaning all included.
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have been following Capt. Ames for several years via his website and e-newsletters, which have been very educational. I have also been very impressed with his offering of various workshops at the local fishing stores. His willingness to educate anglers and wanna-be anglers says a great deal about his passion for what he does. My wife and I were able to grab a rare opening in Capt. Ames schedule three days after Christmas. Fishing with him, we found out why he is in high demand. Capt. Ames provides a first class trip. He is very knowledgeable and was willing to teach and share what he knows to help you fish better, no matter where you are. Our fishing trip was in December, so sea trout were the target. While we watched a number of other boats fish the same area we were in with little or no success, we caught a number of fish and had no problem getting our limit of keepers. We would highly recommend Capt. Ames and hope to catch up with him again later in the year.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Great time and fishing with Captain Stewart! That sums up the fishing experience we had in early December. Captain Stewart is not only knowledgeable but extremely helpful (all you have to do is reel them in if that is what you want), but he is a pleasant person who exudes confidence not arrogance. The day went quickly - a trip I would take again.

Chuck D.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife and i have fished some great spots in North america but our experience with Captain Stewart was outstanding. i cannot begin to tell you how hard and professional he works to make sure your outing is not only successful but enjoyable. when we first started the fishing was a bit spotty, but Stewart changed up the procedure and in a matter of minutes we were into a fishing frenzy. when all said and done, we left with our limit of grouper. ( even sent off to a local restaurant that cooked it up for us.)
our next trip to the area, Stewart is definitly on the adjenda..

Mike and Karen Penny

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Over the past 15 years, I have fished with other charter captains throughout the Tampa area. In my opinion, Stewart Ames is one of the most knowledgeable and skilled captains I have fished with. His boat and fishing equipment are first rate. Captain Ames is more that willing to share information and tips to improve your personal knowledge and skill level. Most importantly, Captain Ames has always put us on quality fish. We have landed Snook, Reds, Grouper, Tout, and Mackerel. If you are looking for a great day on the water, I would strongly recommend Captain Stewart Ames

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stewart took a group of us out for a corporate trip I've been attending for the last 5 years, but this is the first year we were fortunate enough to have Stewart as our captain. Stewart was incredibly knowledgable, skilled and helpful on our trip. In additional to dozens of mackrel, and some kingfish, Stewart masterfully talked me through catching(and release) a 6 foot 75 lbsish spinner shark. This has definately been a huge notch off my belt of life and I know who Im requesting for my next 5 corporate trips.
Thank you for the exceptional experience.

Been to Gone Fishing Charters? Share your experiences!