“Nice winter day”

Gone Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Gone Fishing Charters provides private, light tackle, inshore fishing charters for parties of up to 6 people. Four, six and eight hour trips available. You'll fish out of a "best in class" boat, a 24 foot Sheaffer 239V Sportfisherman. New tackle and an experienced captain insure a quality outing. Species targeted include redfish, seatrout, snook, tarpon, cobia, spanish mackerel, kingfish, grouper, snapper and shark. License, bait tackle, digital pictures and fish cleaning all included.
Salt Lake City, Utah
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Nice winter day”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I spent 4 hours fishing with Captain Ames last week. We started out by catching big speckled trout in the morning. We were catching trout almost every cast until another boat moved in right on top of the school of fish. I probably landed about 20 trout ranging from 18 to 25". Definitely the biggest trout that I have caught. I was a little perturbed that another guide would anchor his boat right where we were casting, but what are you going to do? Once he anchored, the school scattered and we moved on. We tried a few other locations with some success, but nothing like first thing in the morning. I asked if we could chase something else and we went into the mangroves and near the docks. We had a great time catching redfish and a few other species. I ended up with ~20 trout, 6 redfish including one nice 28"er, several ladyfish, a spanish mackerel, and a jack crevalle. All in all, it was an excellent day for the middle of the winter.

Visited February 2014

Bradenton, Florida
“Great Day! Great Charter!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I went out with 3 friends in mid Decemember with Captain Stewart and had a great day! We did a four hour trip and caught well over 30 trout and they all were big!!! Most of the guys on the boat fish reguraly and none of us had ever caught so many big fish. Capt. Stewart was a great coach teaching us about the fish, the spots we were fishing and the bait we were using. If you are looking for a great day on the water, I would highly recommend!!

Orlando, Florida
“Great Fishing”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I have been following Capt. Ames for several years via his website and e-newsletters, which have been very educational. I have also been very impressed with his offering of various workshops at the local fishing stores. His willingness to educate anglers and wanna-be anglers says a great deal about his passion for what he does. My wife and I were able to grab a rare opening in Capt. Ames schedule three days after Christmas. Fishing with him, we found out why he is in high demand. Capt. Ames provides a first class trip. He is very knowledgeable and was willing to teach and share what he knows to help you fish better, no matter where you are. Our fishing trip was in December, so sea trout were the target. While we watched a number of other boats fish the same area we were in with little or no success, we caught a number of fish and had no problem getting our limit of keepers. We would highly recommend Capt. Ames and hope to catch up with him again later in the year.

Port Orange, Florida
“Great Fishing - Great Time”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Great time and fishing with Captain Stewart! That sums up the fishing experience we had in early December. Captain Stewart is not only knowledgeable but extremely helpful (all you have to do is reel them in if that is what you want), but he is a pleasant person who exudes confidence not arrogance. The day went quickly - a trip I would take again.

Chuck D.

Mono Mills, Canada
“Groupers Galor!!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife and i have fished some great spots in North america but our experience with Captain Stewart was outstanding. i cannot begin to tell you how hard and professional he works to make sure your outing is not only successful but enjoyable. when we first started the fishing was a bit spotty, but Stewart changed up the procedure and in a matter of minutes we were into a fishing frenzy. when all said and done, we left with our limit of grouper. ( even sent off to a local restaurant that cooked it up for us.)
our next trip to the area, Stewart is definitly on the adjenda..

Mike and Karen Penny

Visited November 2013

Been to Gone Fishing Charters? Share your experiences!