“Great Go Karts”

Add it.
Grand Prix Fun Center
Ranked #95 of 197 things to do in Tampa
Reviewed 17 February 2013 via mobile

I love this place. The Go Karts are great. We were driving down I-275 when we saw this place. There are a lot of things to do. There are go karts, mini golf, batting cages, arcade and more. We did the go karts and mini golf. I was a little disappointed that they let you only go on the Big Track for only two minutes, but we didn't pay for it. The family track was great, I really enjoyed it. Mini Golf went okay, it is a hard course, and the wind was blowing, but we still had a great time. Overall this place is great, If you like go karts then this is a great place to come and have fun.

2  Thank Caleb J

Reviewed 15 July 2012

Since you can't go crazy and drive 120 m/hr on the hgwy without getting a big fat ticket, Grand Prix is the place to go and push it all the way, my daughter loved the ride along. You would want to go 50 times if you don't control your pockets

2  Thank Rebecca P
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Games are all violent type. Not a good place to take young kids.

Reviewed 8 July 2012 via mobile

Went to dinner with a group across the street at skippers smokehouse and ended up coming here afterwards.

While group had a blast on the go carts. They were surprisingly fast. Relatively cheap. Will come back

2  Thank Jon H
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I went here today with my children and dad for the first time in over ten years. Back in the 80's and 90's, it was called Malibu Grand Prix and was always in excellent condition. Somewhere in the past few years, the property changed hands. It was absolutely awful.

The grounds were absolutely trashed and the grass and shrubs were poorly kept. We only stayed to play mini golf. I wish I had brought my camera to take pictures, because you wouldn't probably believe me otherwise. There was trash everywhere, including floating in the water hazards. The astroturf had so many holes in it that it looked like Swiss cheese. The greens were also covered in leaves and other debris. It is obvious that they don't take any care of the mini golf area whatsoever. One employee picking up trash and using a blower could at least keep the area clean, but apparently that is too much to ask. Look, I'm not a complainer; you can look at my other reviews to see that I try to be fair. But this was an absolute joke. It looked like they hadn't done anything to the property since the 90's.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you much about the go-karts, arcade, or batting cages because we didn't want to stick around. I will not go back, period. I will drive to Clearwater and go to the Celebration Station on U.S. 19 next time.

4  Thank disneyworldnerd