“Very Disappointed”

Ranked #19 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Florida
“Very Disappointed”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I will make this quick. When I booked there was nothing in there about the renovations. I would have booked elsewhere. You go in the back door with a makeshift service desk, a chesty looking shelf with some snacks as opposed to the pantry that I’m used to. The shuttle would take us to the concert but would not pick us up! REALLY? Carpets in our room needed to be scrubbed, very nasty. Bottom line is I will not stay there again. I will be staying at the Holiday Inn and Suites instead. They put this Hilton to shame.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
wooly1962,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We want you to know that the comments we receive from our guests are taken very seriously and your suggestions will help us to improve. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.

Dannialle Neville,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I am thankful for this opportunity since I have been prepared to call the manager.

We were pleased with our room 630; the room was clean and the beds were comfortable. the room was spacious, and the large screen TV was great. The renovations on the other floors were not an issue. The housekeeping staff was kind and helpful.

However, we did experience four problems:

1.The phone called out, but the person on the other end could not hear me. This made it difficult to call the front desk.

2. When we returned to our room in the evening, there were ants crawling out of the drain in our sink. Thankfully, they had not reached my toothbrush!

3.The hotel shuttle to the concert which was promised, did not arrive. Instead of being driven to the concert at 6:30, we were left scrambling for other options. Instead of crawling into an “unauthorized” van/SUV (for a fee) being promoted by the staff, we opted to drive ourselves.
Of course, we offered rides to other stranded guests.

4.Around 12:30 a.m., the fire alarm went off in the hotel. No one came to alert us or tell us it was a false alarm. No call was made to our room—of course, the phone didn’t work so I couldn’t speak with the person at the desk. Instead, I laid in bed wondering if I should evacuate or remain in my room. I listened for fire engines and peered out the window. Needless to say, it was not a restful night.

In the morning, I reported these complaints at check-out. No effort was made to resolve or explain them. The people working at the desk obviously had no training in customer service because all they did was smile and make a meager apology.

I suggest that you review your emergency policy with your staff and evacuation procedures with your staff. In the event of a false alarm, guests should be notified with a phone call or letter/notice slid under the room’s door.

I am disappointed in your staff’s response to several issues which were not satisfactory. You did not live up to Hilton standards.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Data431
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Data431,

We sincerely apologize that we did not meet your standards during your recent stay. Guest safety is always our first and foremost goal and I am very sorry we missed the mark. We will have a staff meeting to review safety procedures and make sure everyone is prepared to act in the event of an emergency and/or false alarm. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you excellent service in the future.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Convient location, clean rooms, friendly staff. Had a problem and the manager, Lisa Marie Hill went above and beyond to rectify the situation. Would definitely recommend others to stay at this location.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Jason L
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Jason L,

Thank you so much for your great review! I'm glad the location was convenient for your needs and that Lisa Marie was able to resolve an issue for you. I will make sure she is recognized during our next team meeting. We hope to see you again soon!

Dunnellon
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Awesome service , rooms were very clean. Restaurant was awesome as well , the chef went out of his way to accommodate our needs and made things not even on the menu . I would stay again. They took care of all of our needs and even gave us fresh baked warm cookies to take to the room !

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Twnoksfarm2
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Twnoksfarm2,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your dining experience at our property. Your kind words will be shared with the Chef and the food and beverage team! Please come visit us again soon!

Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We only stayed one night at the Hilton Garden and it was a very nice stay. The check in was polite and quick. The room was clean and well stocked. The morning coffee down stairs at the restaurant was hot and good. Location was great and we even found a nice movie theater right down the road. I would stay here again if we are in the Tampa Bay area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
expattravler,

Thank you for your review and for staying at the Hilton Garden Inn! I am so gld to hear you had a nice stay and enjoyed the convenient location. We hope to see you again soon!

labelle, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

would not honer my confirmation, fire alarm went off for hours at 5am on Sunday morning. hotel staff rude. but room was nice clean. it was just a bad deal, it was a very bad deal, I hope we dont go there again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Matthew N,

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

From the time we checked in it was a very nice experience. the staff went above and beyond and were very attentive to everything we needed. The beds were wonderful as was the dinner we ate in the restaurant. would highly recomend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
ConcordHospitality, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
susan m,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn! We appreciate you staying with us and are so glad we are able to meet your expectations. Your kind words about the staff will certainly be shared with them and I hope you will stay with us again soon!