“A very good place to stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Tampa East/Brandon
Ranked #29 of 163 Hotels in Tampa
Reviewed 12 June 2007

I spent a weekend here with my wife and two and half year old daughter. We were in town for my niece's graduation and the hotel was close to my brother's home. I was able to get a room for $43 per night through priceline.com.

The hotel sits just off I-75 in a very attractive, quiet wooded office park. There is no retail/commerical development in the immediate area, but numerous shopping and dining choices are available a few miles away around the Brandon Towncenter Mall area. Business travellers are their primary market, so it was mostly vacant and very quiet during the weekend.

The hotel is not in the immediate area of any attractions but is a short drive to Busch Gardens, Hard Rock Casino, State Fair Grounds. We drove to Clearwater Beach in less than an hour and you could be in the Disney Area in little more than hour via I-4, which is just a few miles away.

The staff was polite and helpful. The hotel has a very nice pool which my daughter and I had to ourselves. The exercise room was in good order with several different pieces of equipment that look like they were almost brand new.

Our room was clean, large and comfortable but nothing exceptional. it was a well-done mid-level hotel room. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel, the $9.95 price was unattractive in comparision to other local choices a few miles away. They do offer room service in the evening and the prices were not too high.

Overall, it was a pleasant place to stay and if you can get a room through Priceline at $43 per night a real bargain.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Travel_Jacket

Reviewed 19 November 2006

This Hilton Garden Inn is located in the middle of a very large and winding industrial park (Sabal Industrial Park). A nice industrial park (lots of trees with Spanish Moss, etc.) but an industrial park nonetheless.

This is a run of the mill Hilton Garden Inn. Breakfast is good and serverd buffet style or cooked to order. The bar is tiny and closes at 9 pm. Fireplace area is nice and cozy, across the lobby from the dining area. Front desk staff were helpful.

Rooms are exactly as you see this on the hotel's web site. There is a small pantry area by check-in for water, microwaveable foods, sodas, toothpaste, newspapers, etc.

WIFI was easy to connect to. Pool area quite nice with lounging areas and a jacuzzi tub.

I am not sure about their shuttle service, but you will be driving at least 5 miles to get to any decent restaurant (Bonefish, etc.) If you get a car, get a map of the industrial park. It is like being lost in the Twilight Zone if you don't get a road map to get you out.

Avoid Broadway Avenue (yikes!) if you want to go into Ybor City to eat at The Columbia or do a bit of touristy shopping (The Columbia is a great restaurant).

Not a bad stay really....but this hotel is for folks who are attending meetings at nearby companies in this industrial park.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mimifg
Reviewed 13 April 2006

We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn for two days in March. I had gotten the rate through Priceline and was really happy for the $50 a night that I paid. My sister and I stayed in a large king sized room, the space was large so we were not on top of each other. The room had a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. The bathroom was large, bright and obviously recently upgraded. The bed was very comfortable, the only problem we had was managing to get the temp. right but that was mor eus than the hotel. We took advantage of the free internet access downstairs because we forgot our chord to hook up in the room. The staff were friendly and I would definelty stay there again. This hotel is right off of 75 and 3 miles from the Hard Rock Seminole Hotel and Casino. We found it easy to access the rest of Tampa with no problem because the highways are easy to access from this location. The hotel is in a business park area so there are not a lot of places to eat in the area, but they do offer breakfast in the morning.

2  Thank ldesouza
London, UK
Reviewed 12 January 2006

The room and the hotel could not be faulted. It was very clean, nice size and actually seemed very new.
Very good value for money.
Note that the hotel lies just outside of Tampa, which was OK for us, but don't expect a hotel in the hub!

• Stayed: January 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 October 2005

Got this hotel on priceline. Incredible deal. Beautiful property within 3 miles of the Fairgrounds, if you are going to a concert. Less than 2 minutes from I-75 as well.

• Stayed: October 2005
1  Thank ILUVFOOD
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 22 April 2005

I stayed at this hotel several times for business trips. Even when I went back with my group one year after my last stay, I was surprised to see that the hotel staff remembered each of our names. I travel for work all the time. I can say this is the best hotel service I've ever encountered even in comparison with the Hyatt and W hotels. This is the only hotel that makes me feel like home.

• Stayed: March 2005, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 February 2005

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn and loved it. The location is perfect. It's in a safe are and easily accessible to attractions. The rooms are immaculate. Coffee maker, fridge, micro, desk, 2 phones, hairdryer. Very comfortable. There is a restaurant w/in the hotel. They serve breakfast buffets for $8.95 and also serve lunch/dinner. They have a 24/7 pantry w/all amenities available plus different varieties of frozen foods, ice cream, wine etc. A 24/7 business room that offers FREE internet acess. Very convenient. I was able to print out my boarding passes for my flight! Fax/copier in there too. it's like having own office. Pool/hot tub. Very nice place. Email w/any questions.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member