“Above and Beyond”

The OFFICIAL Ybor City Ghost Tour
Ranked #14 of 81 Tours in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: As the sun sets, the restless souls of Ybor City's past begin to stir. Join us on a two hour tour to learn their stories as you walk the streets of this historic town with your guide.Tours begin at 6:30 p.m.Monday through Wednesday and 8 p.m. on every other night. Reservations are required. $25. per adult.
Bradenton, FL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Above and Beyond”
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Our guide, Joe Howden, called several hours before our tour was scheduled (8 PM on 2/27) and told my son and me of several cancellations, leaving only the two of us still scheduled. I prepared myself for him to cancel our much anticipated tour, but instead he eagerly agreed to keep our appointment. And I am SO thankful he did. Joe is a unique, passionate combination of historian, storyteller, 20 year Ybor resident, entertainer, metaphysicist, and, yes, believer. Believer or not, if you like history and well researched stories, you should prepare yourself for a treat. I now feel a part of Ybor City, knowing how it came to be and 'meeting' some of the fascinating characters that have lived and died there. I cannot recommend this tour enough.

1 Thank JD-on-CedarKey

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If u like history and ghosts !!!! This is it!”
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Traveling around the world Going on ghost tours is awesome, and this is the best one Ever!!!!Being from Tampa and enjoying ybor when I was younger, going out on this warm February nite was full of history, activity and great company!!! Greg was awesome!!! After bringing my hubby (who is from Holland) to the st Pete ghost tour (which was HORRIBLE)!!!!! I could say OMG! He was just as into it as I was!!! We were able to only to go in one site (the Cuban club the other had an event) but the Cuban club was amazing!!!! 4 huge amazing beautiful floors full of activity!!! This was right up there with quarantine station (Q)-station in Sydney,Australia and Mary's Kings cross in Edinburough Scotland!!!! BUT the guide is always just as important as the activity!!! Thank u Greg for an awesome awesome evening!!!!!

Tampa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Yawnfest”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

This tour was like going to a good party, yet getting stuck in a boring one-sided conversation. For two hours. The tour guide was a nice guy and a good storyteller, but the information was so detail-laden it was tedious to listen. The tour began standing outside a building and listening to a description of the floorplan. The story of the people who worked there was interesting however we never actually went inside. Then we moved on to a parking lot where we tried to visualize what happened next to a Honda 100 years ago. Eventually we ended up in the basement of the Don Vicente where multiple episodes of Ghost Hunters were summarized. I think people who watched that show were happy with it, but I've never seen it, and imagine it would be better to actually watch the show than to hear about it. I think if you're in Ybor City and have $20 per person - you could definitely find something more fun to do than this tour.

5 Thank Janette_FL
Lithia, Florida
“2nd time on the tour was just as fun as the 1st time”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

This was my 2nd time taking the tour and it was just as much fun as the 1st time. The tour guide (Greg) was extremely knowledgeable about the historic area. Don't expect any hokey theatrics...this is the real deal. They don't try to convince you that ghosts exist. They just want you to experience things for yourself. This tour will be something that I'll bring all my visitors to see.

Visited January 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Will make you believe”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

From a skeptical individual, this tour was not only informative, but gave me a
Feeling of something of something I didn't know I could feel,. A++