“Easter Weekend Tour”

The OFFICIAL Ybor City Ghost Tour
Ranked #17 of 88 Tours in Tampa
More attraction details
Owner description: As the sun sets, the restless souls of Ybor City's past begin to stir. Join us on a two hour tour to learn their stories as you walk the streets of this historic town with your guide.Tours begin at 6:30 p.m.Monday through Wednesday and 8 p.m. on every other night. Reservations are required. $25. per adult.
Reviewed 19 April 2013

My husband and I took our 13 year old daughter and her friend on the tour the Saturday before Easter. It was the best tour we have been on! The history lesson is so fascinating. Even my daughter said she would have enjoyed the tour just for the history. But it was so cool to take the meters into the club. It was creepy and exciting and fun and everything you would hope for. Greg was great and really made it interesting and fun for all of us - especially the girls. Even though they are coaster freaks, I think they talked more about this experience on they way home than Busch Gardens! We will definitely do this tour again when we are back in the Tampa area. BTW - I did get a couple of cool pictures that I need to upload to the facebook page. Very cool!

1  Thank 4fromgreenville
in 4 reviews
"factual"
"equipment"

Reviewed 23 March 2013

My husband and I have been on a number of ghost tours throughout the US and in Europe. This was definitely one of the best ones we've been on. We were the only ones on the tour and Greg had said it would likely take about 75 minutes. Instead, our tour lasted for 2 hours and 15 minutes. We had been on the Ybor walking tour earlier in the day (also great, with Lonnie), so were a bit concerned that much of the history would be a repeat of what we heard earlier in the day. NOT SO! I can heartily recommend this ghost tour to anyone.

1  Thank Gayle H
Reviewed 12 March 2013

It starts off a little slow, but ends up a blast. I really loved this tour as did my great-aunt. Our tour guide, Joe, was fantastic. I highly suggest this tour as a fun way to get to know the history and the ghosts of Ybor City.

1  Thank Giacomino8
Reviewed 2 March 2013

Our guide, Joe Howden, called several hours before our tour was scheduled (8 PM on 2/27) and told my son and me of several cancellations, leaving only the two of us still scheduled. I prepared myself for him to cancel our much anticipated tour, but instead he eagerly agreed to keep our appointment. And I am SO thankful he did. Joe is a unique, passionate combination of historian, storyteller, 20 year Ybor resident, entertainer, metaphysicist, and, yes, believer. Believer or not, if you like history and well researched stories, you should prepare yourself for a treat. I now feel a part of Ybor City, knowing how it came to be and 'meeting' some of the fascinating characters that have lived and died there. I cannot recommend this tour enough.

1  Thank JD-on-CedarKey
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 February 2013

Traveling around the world Going on ghost tours is awesome, and this is the best one Ever!!!!Being from Tampa and enjoying ybor when I was younger, going out on this warm February nite was full of history, activity and great company!!! Greg was awesome!!! After bringing my hubby (who is from Holland) to the st Pete ghost tour (which was HORRIBLE)!!!!! I could say OMG! He was just as into it as I was!!! We were able to only to go in one site (the Cuban club the other had an event) but the Cuban club was amazing!!!! 4 huge amazing beautiful floors full of activity!!! This was right up there with quarantine station (Q)-station in Sydney,Australia and Mary's Kings cross in Edinburough Scotland!!!! BUT the guide is always just as important as the activity!!! Thank u Greg for an awesome awesome evening!!!!!