“Fabulous Food-Lovely Atmosphere-Slow Service”
Review of Empress Tea Room

Empress Tea Room
Ranked #418 of 2,565 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: American, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The Empress Tea Room is a lovely place for tea, lunch, or special occasions. The food is absolutely fabulous! I could sit and eat their scones and devonshire cream all day long! They have a wonderful selection of teas, and other yummy foods as well. The owner/manager and wait staff are very friendly, and go out of their way to make this a memorable experience. My only complaint is that on both of our recent visits, the service has been quite slow. To me it was worth the wait, but many of my friends had a similar complaint. Overall, it's a great place for to visit.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Other than standing in a line a while at the beginning for check in and seating the experience was nice. Once seated with other patrons at your table you receive a waiter and they tell you what to expect without telling you everything so you will have unexpected fun. We did a "Whodonit" experience with clues given by actors/actresses that come in and play act. You are also involved as well and get props for that. The meal was good also. Something different to do.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

A wonderful atmosphere great service delicious food a totally enjoyable visit. We will definitely go again and again.

1  Thank 244debbiem
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I believe that high tea at the Empress Tea Room should be experienced by everyone. It has always been a warm and inviting place with wonderful teas and friendly staff. Don't forget to bring home some of the amazing chocolates from the shop as well.

1  Thank Karen K
Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

Three of us dined here for lunch on a Tuesday. We had reservations and were seated promptly. Service was slow however - I think there was only 1 waitress working that day so she was probably turning out the food against all odds - but I would have been nervous if I had brought work clientele instead of family.

Food quality was good. Desserts tasted home made. We had the standard high tea and all three of us ladies enjoyed the experience.

One small gripe - the place could use a dusting. In the bathroom against my better judgment I eyeballed the fake flowers and they were coated in dust.

They have a great gift shop featuring teas, jewelry and chocolates in the front of the restaurant.

Overall it was an enjoyable experience.

Been to Empress Tea Room? Share your experiences!