“Perfect neighborhood spot”

Thai Ruby
Ranked #907 of 2,430 Restaurants in Tampa
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Thai Ruby is a family favorite as well as a ladies lunch favorite. The food is wonderful; they will adjust the spice level to your taste. The service and atmosphere are also very good. You are served quickly, but never feel rushed. Perfect place for chatting as it is not loud.

1  Thank Virginia G
There are newer reviews for Thai Ruby

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Americanized Thai food at it worst.
We had 4 different dishes and none were above medium.
The Laab Gai was terrible with some sort of tomato paste in it???
Tom kha was so sweet that a dentist would scream-Don't eat!

Get some other food than this!
Not going there again.

2  Thank Aaberg
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I love Thai food and I'm so lucky to have found this spot. We just moved to Tampa and this was the first place we tried. It's a hidden gem! So good and great prices. We've been back dozens of times since.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

I love the food here. Taste is spot on if you are ordering the curries...the thing that I hate how big they cut the chicken pieces and how it becomes so hard. I always keep coming back to Thai Ruby just because of the taste and not the chicken. Its always tough and chewy. I found it smelly 1-2 times too but the were consistent with the taste. Hope someone from Thai Ruby reads this and change their way they use their chicken. Its in the same complex as Fushia, Sushi Tsu and Peabody

Reviewed 5 October 2013

We recently dined at Thai Ruby and came away with mixed feelings. While the location is convenient and the atmosphere is comfortable, not everything was perfect. After being quickly greeted and shown to our table, we then waited 10 minutes for our server to take our drink order. Another seemingly long delay and our wines arrived. I should mention that the wine list is better than most Thai spots and pricing fair. We selected one entre from the specials list and one from the standard menu. The Cury Duck special provided excellent flavor but arrived dry and over cooked. My guess was this spent too long in the warming oven and dried out before being served. Really nothing special about this dish. The entre from the standard menu was Chicken Panang with a medium plus spice request. The dish was good and the spicing just right.

The Thai category is very competitive locally and while Thai Ruby is ok there are several spots that offer better fare at comparable prices.

Been to Thai Ruby? Share your experiences!