“Good Location-Friendly Service” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #82 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Clifton, New Jersey
“Good Location-Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We arrived quite late due to airline delays in NJ. However, I called the hotel that we would be
arriving by 10:30pm in Tampa. The desk clerk was very friendly and took down the information.

When I and my wife and daughter arrived at this hotel, the front desk receptionist named,
Michelle was very empathetic, gracious and even offered to upgrade us to a suite room.
We stayed from August 5 to August 8, 2014 and really enjoyed the hospitality and the good
complimentary breakfast each morning. It was a pleasure to stay here, since we were visiting
my son who lives nearby in Citrus Falls.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The room was spacious but needed more of a sitting area with its space availability. TV was unusually small for the room. THe water pressure in the shower was horrible, although the shower head was very nice. Little disappointed we had a shower stall and not a tub/shower combo. Apparently the hallways and elevators are NOT air conditioned which was a little uncomfortable. It was nice however to have a smoking room at the end of the hallway.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Alexis R,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs and expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with our accommodations. We take all feedback seriously. It helps us gauge what we are doing right and what we need to improve on. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Karen C
Margate, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in a suite for a month on a business trip. The room had plenty of space, including a couch, mini kitchen area (like a wetbar) a big bathroom and a king bed. It was a little stuffy, the staff should probably clean the air conditioner units a bit more religously, after a few days of staying there I had terribly blocked up sinus. There is a nice breakfast in the morning, though I didnt have much chance to eat it most days, but there was fruit, coffee, cereal, and some pastries. Overall I think this is a pretty average place. If you have to stay for more than a week, it may be worth it to spend a little more and try for an embassy suites.

• Stayed August 2013
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear jwessma,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. I am pleased to know that you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. I appreciate feedback that we receive, whether positive and negative to ensure we provide the best level of service and facilities that we can give to our guests. Thank you again for your review and I hope to have an opportunity of welcoming you back again soon.

Krysllin G.
St. Augustine, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Recent visit to the area on business and chose this property and I was very pleased. The property has recently been updated with new paint, carpet and fixtures. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable!!
The morning breakfast is stocked well and often. The fitness center is functional and clean.

The check in and service at the counter was fantastic.

Great stay.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I went to Tampa on a business trip. Unfortunately the company I work for made the reservations for me. They chose the Holiday Inn Express on Veterans Highway.

Upon arrival I noticed it was not in a great section of town, but it was not a bad section of town. The purpose for my stay was approximately half a mile away from the Holiday Inn Express.

I checked in and went up to the room. The first thing I noticed was there was no view. When I say there was no view, there was literally the roof to the overhang blocked the entire view from my window (room 217).

I went downstairs to talk to the clerk, and she informed me there were no other rooms available. I did not believe what she had said, so I went online at holiday in express.com and was able to book at least four additional rooms for that evening. Now I do not want to call her a liar, but I was able to make four reservations online.

I went through the room and did my normal post check in cleaning. It was relatively clean, cleaner than some places that I've stayed. It could've been a little cleaner, especially behind the normal paraphernalia that stays in the room (ie bathroom counter behind the shampoo holder).

The next morning I spoke to management and inform them of the poor view and about the additional reservations I was able to make online. The manager told me she was at 100% capacity the night prior and there is no way I could've made the reservation. Being a wise consumer, I took a picture of the reservations that evening on my smart phone and showed it to the manager. She stood by her story that they were at 100% capacity. The manager did offer me a room change into more days, stating she was still at capacity until then.

The breakfast was absolutely in inedible. The breads and were overly stale and the muffins were also stale. They did have some yogurts and some cereals which I did not try. They did have some sausages and bacon throughout my six days day, but it did not look appetizing so I did not try it. I actually went out every morning of my six day stay in a breakfast somewhere else as opposed to eating the free breakfast (if they tells you how bad it was).

It was a quiet stay, although I was concerned about the airplanes flying over top. They did not bother me at nighttime. It is attached to a corporate area, which gave me a nice area to walk in the evenings.

With the exception of feel like I was like to about the room change on the initial night, it was not a horrible place, more like mediocre.

I would absolutely not stay here again, and suggest that even if there is a slight drive to stay someplace else.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Veteran's Expressway, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear point5,

We appreciate that you took the time to share your review of your recent experience at our property. This feedback is very helpful to us as we establish our best path to providing successful guest satisfaction.

Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced surrounding the room you received. As our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, we want you to know that the feedback we receive are taken seriously. We have taken note of your comments and have shared these with our management team to review the procedures we have in place and make necessary improvements to our service to ensure guests do not experience this in the future.

While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
Orlando, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014 via mobile

Just passing through for place to sleep for one night. Pleasantly surprised. Friendly staff who couldn't do enough for you. Very modern style lobby and breakfast room. Breakfast offered many choices hot or cold and was well stocked.

Room was clean and bed comfortable. Free internet worked well. Only note might be if you are a light sleeper and the planes arriving really buzz the hotel until about 10 pm, then start back up after 7 am.

There are a host of Restaurants nearby, including a new Wawa right by the expressway entrance.

Once again upon checkout the staff was so friendly and seemed to really care about their guests. Thanks for the personal touch, as it seems to have gotten lost in today's electronic society!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Alameda, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

It works and the staff try hard to please. Wi-Fi works fine here. My work companion complained that she could here the airplanes taking off, but we are not far from the Tampa airport. I did not find this a problem.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business