“Nightmare!”

Ranked #131 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Florida
“Nightmare!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2007

My family and I stayed one night and NEVER will I stay there again. Our room was located on the outside and we heard everything , loud cars, sirens, motor cycle, etc. and loud hotel guests. My 5 yr old woke up screaming on several occasions. Pool disgustingly dirty and cloudy and the Spa was closed. Bed lumpy. Rooms musky. Keep in mind that the hotel is located off of I-75, so you will hear the loud traffic noises and the Hotel is not in a good area. Very frightening. Local resturaunts dirty. Told the staff at checkout. They did not seem to care. All they said was "sorry" and gave me my bill. They even had the nerve to charge me a safe fee when there was no safe in my room. How rude. They eventually gave me a 20 percent discount off my bill and credited me back the safe charge. I was to afraid to argue and accepted the 21.00 credit off my bill. I just wanted to get out of there. Hotel is overly priced for the conditions and bad location (standard room costs = $99.00 plus). They put the name Comfort Inn to shame. They need to change their name to the Dirt Cheap Motel. The only positive thing I have to say was they offer free shuttle service to Busch Gardens. I should of read the reviews first. Shame on me. Save your money. Go elsewhere!

• Liked — Shuttle Service to Busch Gardens
  • Disliked — Noisey and disgusting. Overly priced.
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family

Albany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2007

The hotel's neighborhood, a commercial area next to I-275, left a lot to be desired. The hotel was fine.

We stayed one night while visiting Busch Gardens. The hotel offered a complimentary shuttle, which saved a $10 parking fee.

The interior of the hotel was nice and airy. My room faced the atrium with the indoor pool and spa. I can't speak for the other section of the hotel.

The room was clean and had a very large safe. The curtains did not cover the whole window which I did not like because it was on the first floor and facing indoors.

We ordered dinner takeout from a flyer under our door and the delivery took 1.5 hours so if you get a flyer from an Italian place you have been warned.

The breakfast included with the room was everything but the hot stuff (eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes) It did include oatmeal and the make your own waffles, however. We filled up quite nicely, even the vegan and vegetarian in the group found enough to eat.

There was a big family reunion going on so it did get a little noisy at times during the night which bothered the kids. (I take sleeping pills while traveling to avoid that problem)

Overall it is an OK hotel if you have to be in the area but I wouldn't consider it a vacation destination by any means.

• Liked — Free shuttle to Busch Gardens
  • Disliked — Curtains didn't cover the entire window/neighborhood
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Miami, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2007

I'm looking at the other reviews and I must say my experience was quite different from most. I stayed at the Comfort Inn during May doing some apartment hunting. The hotel is close to a friend of mine and was close enough for what I needed to do. I found the room very nice. Actually I wasn't expecting it to be as nice as it was. I'd never stayed at a Comfort Inn before, so I was unsure what to expect. Maid service was great. The staff was friendly, although the guy in the little gift shop could warm up a little, every one else was fine. The restaurant was good. I only had breakfast there and they gave you coupons for the meal. The food was good, the wait staff satisfactory. The hotel itself could probably use a little updating, new carpeting and such. At the time the indoor pools were closed due to renovations I believe. I didn't have any problems with staff. Every time I needed something It was taken care of with a smile. They could use another computer in their computer room, but I had no complaints at all. I have every intention of staying there again when I go back. :)

• Liked — The room
  • Disliked — No Pay Per View movies.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
Billings
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2007

GROSSSS! We used our choice points for two nights at this dump. We walked in and walked out!!! The walls were filthy!! The smoke detector was dangling from the ceiling and the stench was unbearable. Leftover cleaning rags and trash in room. We lost the points but would pay millions to not have to stay at this hotel. Carpets filthy. If the obvious is not clean how filthy is the not so obvious, sheets, towels etc. Something should be done about this place, ie. closed down by the board of health!

• Liked — It was easy to find other hotels
  • Disliked — filth
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
Milwaukee, WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2007

I will never stay in this hotel again. It took 35 minutes to check in. I had reserved two rooms because we have a large family and two double beds are too small for us. The rooms given to us were on complete opposite corners - and the front desk clerk claimed the hotel was sold out and she couldn't get us any closer. Well I can't very well have my kids split across a hotel so I ended up ordering a rollaway bed for our room and my parents took our second room. Then another party from our group checked in - they received a smoking room even though they requested non-smoking. They complained to the desk and got moved to a different room... right next to our room! Imagine that, when I needed two rooms next to each other, they were not available yet it was available just 45 minutes later for someone else. The room itself was bad too, the toilet seat was missing the bolts so the seat shifted every time you sat on it. The tub drain wouldn't close and the water wouldn't shut off. I couldn't turn on the hot water in the shower or else scalding water would randomly shoot out. Housekeeping took all our towels and forgot to leave clean ones. The outdoor pool needs a new filter because the water was very cloudy and it was unsafe because a pool light had been ripped from the wall and was floating in the water the second day we were there. The TV had picture but no sound so it was replaced by maintenance. I had to call about noise after midnight. It's obvious that the hotel doesn't enforce any noise limits because parties were happening on both ends of the hotel well into the night. Even the party in the lobby was terribly loud with bass vibrating through the walls and floors. This hotel is definitely nowhere near the caliber of any other Choice hotel I've stayed at.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Noise, Neighborhood, Pool quality, Amount of staff
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank jeznnib
mission bc
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2007

This hotel looked so nice on the web-site but we were quickly disappointed. Our room was smoky so we asked to move only to find out that our "special rate room" was not available in the beautiful part of the hotel but the rather scummy part. We were moved however to the 4th floor but in the process of moving our lugguge were quickly aware of the run down state of the hotel. The breakfast however was very nice. This was our first night stay on a 3 week holiday in Florida and we thought we were "splurging" Not so...

• Liked — the hotel lobby and indoor pool area
  • Disliked — older part of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
jax
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2007

We stayed 2 nights with 50 teens and their parents. Hotel and pool side rooms are breathtaking, super clean, staff was incredibly kind. I will take my next vacation with my family here. The weekend was quiet and safe?A+++++ Hotel opens into the indoor pool and jacuzzi's. Great work out room. It was easy to supervise the group.

• Liked — rooms were super new and clean
  • Disliked — couldnt stay longer
  • Stayed May 2007
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tampa
Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Tampa North - Busch Gardens
Holiday Inn Express Tampa North - Telecom Park
Hyatt Place Busch Gardens
West Wing Boutique Hotel
West Wing Boutique Hotel
#68 of 162 in Tampa
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa USF-Busch Gardens
La Quinta Inn & Suites USF (Near Busch Gardens)

Been to Econo Lodge Conference Center? Share your experiences!