“Perfect for long-term stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street

Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street
Ranked #115 of 162 Hotels in Tampa
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Perfect for long-term stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2013

Located in perfect area around TONS of shopping GREAT Restaurants,clean, friendly hotel. Got a early check in and the room was nice, cool, and smoke-free. If you're into adult entertainment, there's alot around. Stayed 5days, Everything was convieniently located within 1 1/2 of hotel. Really cool brewery within walking distance, Whole Foods, Total Wine, Target. Just great for a simple trip. Will be back

Room Tip: 2nd floor east side room. Plenty of sun in room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Charlotte T
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Charlotte - The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such amazing things about our property. I'm so pleased to hear that our location was a great benefit to you. As well, that you enjoyed being able to check-in early to your clean, comfortable room.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Hotel was really nice and quiet. The lobby and interior hallways were nice and up-kept with decent modern furniture and such. The room with the kitchenette was nice, roomy and actually had a nice feel and smell. As far as location (which in my opinion is prime) you are near the airport, a nice mall and not too far away from either downtown Tampa or St. Petersburg. One thing that we did worry about was that the hotel's main entrance wasn't secured (with card-key) after-hours. The Grab-and-Go breakfast was okay and would suffice as long as a cup of coffee, maybe a granola bar, cup of cereal or piece of fruit works for you. But overall I'd recommend this hotel and would possibly stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank kenneththomasjr
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that you enjoyed our prime location and our updated room amenities. We strive to provide great rooms at great rates to all of our guests, so it is very rewarding to know that we were able to do this for you!

Thank you again for your kind words and for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

The hotel is very close to Tampa International Airport and is a budget hotel in this area. Situated on West Spruce Steet and opposite to the International Plaza. Though there is no attached restaurant, however there is a kitchenette in each room with necessary utensils and appliances like oven, microwave and refrigerator. The staff are very helpful with the typical American show of warmth. The in house laundry is basic and can be used at nominal charges. May I had too great a time in Tampa and Clearwaters with friends hence I am nostalgic about this hotel. Holistically, this hotel just does the job done in budget.

Room Tip: Don't choose a ground floor room if you want more light and sunshine.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gourabd
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, 3 May 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a beautiful review. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our location being so close to the Airport and the in-room kitchen. As well, thank you for acknowledging our team; we strive to provide great rooms at great rates to all of our guests. It is so rewarding to know that we were able to do this for you!

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Henderson, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I came to Tampa on business for a few weeks, I looked at TA reviews and based on those I read I thought it was a good choice, Wow was I wrong. I guess you can't believe everything you see or read. This is a really bad hotel. Its not in a great area and I did not feel safe at night, Lots of weird people roaming around and suspicious activity in the parking lot after dark.

The room was not even close to what they showed online. Very beat up and lots of smells in and around the property, Nothing appeared as it was presented. I would not recommend this hotel for any single woman. I just didn't feel safe after dark.

If your looking for a safe long term stay and a clean room, this is not it. I wish I knew where the so called pictures were of as there sure didn't match the ones on ES website. MISLEADING!

Room Tip: No good rooms!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jenny P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Jenny - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. It upsets me to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Please know, that it is never our intention to mislead anyone when it comes to our guest rooms. I am very sorry that your room did not look like the online photos. In response, I have spoken with my staff about the importance of meeting guests expectations when it comes to cleanliness, ensuring our rooms are in-line with our website offerings.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at tws@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
cincinnati
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Very Nice Hotel.. big rooms, very close to the shopping mall.. we ended up watching a movie also. Very close to the airport and not a very long distance from Clearwater Beach. Very friendly staff and I git a great rate too.. we were 3 adults and 2 kids.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank george v
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and you were able to take advantage of our great location.

Florida City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

Hubby and I retired to Tampa and needed a nice, accessible, affordable place until our condo was ready (7 weeks). Everything was newly remodeled and the rooms had great perks with home style amenities. The Staff was very helpful and the Manageress was super. 5 Star malls, markets, eateries, etc. are just a stones throw away. Glad we came and we didn't miss the exercise room, pool or restaurant; because we like to keep fit naturally. :-)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DJENABAA
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, 11 April 2013
We are all so grateful that you took the time to write such a great review of our property. We love having you here and hope that you decide to stay with us again should your travels bring you back to our area. Thank you again for the review, we really appreciate it!
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

While the amenities were wasted on a hotel so close to the airport, I appreciated them anyway. The room was really cute, a little on the small side but packed with stuff: large TV, full size refrig., small kitchen, desk/table, dressing area, and best of all--lots of space for clothes, bags, etc. to keep everything off the floor. Everything was clean and looked fairly new, although I am not a fan of hotel carpets but at least it looked clean enough. The one lowlight was the continental breakfast--I am not a fan of oatmeal, but they did have fresh fruit at least.

Room Tip: I chose a top floor room to avoid ceiling noise from the room above. Unfortunately, the people in a...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BarbaraBetty
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Tampa - Airport - Spruce Street, responded to this review, 1 April 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review for our hotel. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our rooms to be exactly what you needed. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon!